Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agree with the WORD

2 posters

Go down

the word - Agree with the WORD Empty Agree with the WORD

Post  AngelicSmile Wed 26 Dec 2007, 2:22 pm

As the story opens up in Luke, chapter 1, the angel Gabriel has appeared to a young virgin named Mary and told her that she is going to conceive and give birth to the Son of God and that she is to call His name Jesus. She is beside herself. She can’t work out how that can be.

Luke 1:34:
Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”

That’s a pretty good question.

Luke 1:35:
And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.”

Now let’s take a look at verse 38.

Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.

Mary said, “Let it be to me according to Your word.” In other words, “I accept Your word. I agree with Your word.” And then the miracle took place.

And for us, the parallel lesson is that when God makes a declaration, we need to set ourselves in agreement with it.

God works in our life through His Word. Psalm 107:20 said, “He sent His Word and healed them and delivered them from their destructions.”

What the Lord does in our lives, He does through the power of His Spirit and through the power of His Word. But as long as we set ourselves against the Word and refuse to agree with it, we will never see the miraculous in our lives.

And so whatever God’s promise is to you today, whatever the Holy Spirit has been speaking to you about in the Word, even if you can’t understand it in your mind... agree with the Word.

Amos 3:3, “How can two walk together unless they be agreed?” So agree with God’s promise, look to the power of His Holy Spirit, and things can radically change in your life!

Merry Christmas!
AngelicSmile
AngelicSmile
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : the word - Agree with the WORD 110

Back to top Go down

the word - Agree with the WORD Empty Re: Agree with the WORD

Post  FaithfulSon Wed 26 Dec 2007, 2:25 pm

Very nice article and yes we need to believe in what the Bible says and should apply our own intelligence to understand it.

Merry Christmas to you also
FaithfulSon
FaithfulSon
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : the word - Agree with the WORD 110

Back to top Go down