A Fresh Encounter With God

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Fresh Encounter With God

Post  thirsty on Mon 31 Dec 2007, 6:56 pm

God desires an intimate relationship with His children. As in Bible times, He still has personal encounters with His people-- sometimes to comfort or encourage; other times to guide or convict of sin.

The prophet Isaiah wrote of such a meeting with the Lord (Isaiah 6:1-9). His reaction to the awesome holiness of God's presence was a profound recognition of his own sin: "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips . . . ; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts" (v. 5).

As the prophet experienced, when God reveals His presence to us, we are likely to be overwhelmed with awe and a sense of our unworthiness. Then, as we humbly respond in repentance or obedience, we, too, will know that our sins have been forgiven (v.7).

We cannot manipulate or create one of these encounters, but we make them possible when we're available to the Lord. Are you spending time with God, praying and reading His Word? Or has life become too busy and your spiritual walk too mechanical?

Ask God for a personal encounter with Him. Spend time praising the Lord, confessing sin, and surrendering all areas of your life to Him.

thirsty
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top