Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Grace?

3 posters

Go down

What is Grace? Empty What is Grace?

Post  dove Thu 17 Jan 2008, 6:31 pm

Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord (2 Timothy 1:2)
"Grace ..."

After such a gruelling day spiritually, physically and mentally I finally settle down to write. I am confronted with three words, but for tonight I shall focus the attention of 'Grace'.

I found that Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. (Genesis 6:)

Esther obtained grace and favour in the kings sight (Esther 2:17)

In Proverbs grace is described as an oranament unto thy head (Proverbs 1:9)

The Lord spoke to Jeremiah to those left by the sword that they found grace in the wilderness; even Israel (Jeremiah 3:1-2)

The new testament now speaks of the Word made flesh, which dwelt among us, full of grace and truth (John 1:4)

Paul highlights the truth of grace saying the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ (Romans 6:23)

Taken from a commentary on-line it sums up :

Our receivings by Christ are all summed up in this one word, grace.

The good will of God towards us, and the good work of God in us.

As no mercy comes from God to sinners but through Jesus Christ, no man can come to the Father but by him; no man can know God, except as he is made known in the only begotten and beloved Son. (Jn 1:19-2)

I love the song Amazing Grace by John Newton

Amazing Grace! how sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me;

I once was lost, but now am found,

Was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,

And grace my fears relieved;

How precious did that grace appear,

The hour I first believed!

Through many dangers, toils and snares,

I have already come;

'Tis grace that brought me safe thus far,

And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me,

His word my hope secures;

He will my shield and portion be

As long as life endures.

Yes, when this heart and flesh shall fail,

And mortal life shall cease,

I shall posess within the veil

A life of joy and peace.

When we've been there a thousand years,

Bright shining as the sun,

We've no less days to sing God's praise,

Than when we first begun.

Our lives, our salvation our hope and our future on based totally on God's grace.

Without it we would be condemned to eternal hell.

But God so loved us that He sent His one and only son that those who believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

What a promise!

Grace has been with me all day, every second, it's just sometimes we arn't always aware of it. Our fears, feelings, anxiousness of life and our problems get in the way. But we have the complete and utter assurance that God will indeed lead us home, tattered, torn, persecuted. But the righteousness of Jesus is what secures our future.

My sinful nature rears it's ugly head demanding, wanting to see things my way, but they are utterly useless and at the end of the day tired worn out I turn to Jesus, the lover of my soul who gave His life for me. Bled for me in pain and suffering so that we can spend eternity with Him forever.

The deeper in Grace we go the deeper our thankfulness and praise at this wonderful gift of love bestowed upon us. We don't deserve it but through it God's favour rests upon us.

The words of a hymn come to mind.

How Great Thou Art!

I praise you Lord and pray that those who read your Word and the words you have written through me will help them deepen their love for you and may they know just how wide, deep and long your love is.

For those who don't know you or those who are having trouble trusting you may they know that you are the only Rock they can rely upon. That your Word is the only Truth amidst a world full of lies and some would say half-truths. But half truths are just lies with a different name.

May you be blessed by our Heavenly Father and know the full riches of Jesus Christ Our Lord.

Repent, believe the good news forgiveness awaits with outstretched arms. Just reach out your hand to the Father and accept and believe His love.

God Bless

Jacqui Julyan

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
dove
dove
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 246
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Warning : What is Grace? 110

Back to top Go down

What is Grace? Empty Re: What is Grace?

Post  WordofLife Sun 20 Jan 2008, 10:15 pm

Very nice Dove and you do quite a research on Internet to come up with faith inspiring articles. We at this forum are deeply indebted to your hardword to provide us with nice and accurate articles.

God bless
WordofLife
WordofLife
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  saved Sun 20 Jan 2008, 10:38 pm

Yes I would agree that Dove works very hard for this forum, looking for articles.

God bless you dove
saved
saved
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content