Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Great Gifts!!

2 posters

Go down

God's Great Gifts!! Empty God's Great Gifts!!

Post  Chris Mon 11 Feb 2008, 4:15 am

God is so good to his children, I want to draw your attention to 2 Peter 1:3-4. (3)"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: (4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."
This scripture is so eye opening to how good God really is to us. The scripture is very clear that God has given us everything that we need to live in this life and also has given us everything we need to understand Godliness. Everything that we need is found in the knowledge of Jesus Christ. It is so important that we study the scripture and see what it is that God wants us to know about him, as we learn more about him we learn more about ourselves and who we are in Christ and also the way that God would have us to live our lives.
Now notice verse 4, it says that God has given us great and precious promises. The thing that is great about God's promises is that everything that God says we can count on it. You know when I really thought about this for the first time it changed my mind about alot of things, here are a couple. As the pastor of a church I had prayed many times for God to be in our presence that day, but as I looked at the scripture I realize that God had already promised that he would be there when he said that where two or three are gathered in my name I will be in the midst. So now instead of asking God for his presence I simply thank him for his presence. Also another thing is that God says that it is not his will that any should perish but that all would come to repentance. This is a great statement from God for now we can understand that everyone that we know IT IS God's will for them to be saved. So now we can pray that the power of God would fall upon them and convict them of their sin and bring them to that place of repentance.
With all of this in mind I want to close with this thought, because of what God said you can now proclaim this: I AM WHO GOD SAYS I AM, I CAN DO WHAT GOD SAYS I CAN DO, I CAN HAVE WHAT GOD SAYS I CAN HAVE!!!
God Bless You All
Chris
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Warning : God's Great Gifts!! 110

Back to top Go down

God's Great Gifts!! Empty Re: God's Great Gifts!!

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 11 Feb 2008, 6:47 am

Thank you Pastor Chris for a faith-inspiring article. Each and every promise of Heavenly Father made to us is great and unique. His promises separate Him from earthly gods because In Him (Jesus) all the promises of God are yes (2 Corinthians 1:20)
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : God's Great Gifts!! 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com