Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis- Myth or Fact

5 posters

Go down

Genesis- Myth or Fact Empty Genesis- Myth or Fact

Post  sophie Mon 11 Feb 2008, 6:46 pm

Order of creation
Here is the order in the first (Genesis 1):

Day 1: Sky, Earth, light
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(!)
Day 3: Plants
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars (as calendrical and navigational aids)
Day 5: Sea monsters (whales), fish, birds, land animals, creepy-crawlies (reptiles, insects, etc.)
Day 6: Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time)
Day 7: Nothing (the Gods took the first day off anyone ever did)

Note that there are "days," "evenings," and "mornings" before the Sun was created. Here, the Deity is referred to as "Elohim," which is a plural, thus the literal translation, "the Gods." In this tale, the Gods seem satisfied with what they have done, saying after each step that "it was good."

The second one (Genesis 2), the Yahwist tradition, goes:

Earth and heavens (misty)
Adam, the first man (on a desolate Earth)
Plants
Animals
Eve, the first woman (from Adam's rib)

How orderly were things created?
#1: Step-by-step. The only discrepancy is that there is no Sun or Moon or stars on the first three "days."
#2: God fixes things up as he goes. The first man is lonely, and is not satisfied with animals. God finally creates a woman for him. (funny thing that an omniscient god would forget things)

How satisfied with creation was he?
#1: God says "it was good" after each of his labors, and rests on the seventh day, evidently very satisfied.
#2: God has to fix up his creation as he goes, and he would certainly not be very satisfied with the disobedience of that primordial couple.

www.infidels.org
sophie
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 25
Profession : Medicine Doctor
Hobbies : Reading
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Warning : Genesis- Myth or Fact 110

Back to top Go down

Genesis- Myth or Fact Empty Re: Genesis- Myth or Fact

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 12 Feb 2008, 6:12 pm

I am amazed that no one replied to your post. However, I will surely reply and never back down from any challenge and specially that, which is put up to my faith. I am amazed at your understanding to reject Bible you even reject what you believe in. I am also amazed at all the scientist and non-believers who put up this question. I cannot believe how blind they are.

Yes the order is same what you have quoted from the Bible. Even, science proves it to be the same. I do not believe in science being something superior and a source of an anwer but if I answer it from the Bible, then you will not believe it. So here is your answer:

Sophie wrote:Day 1: Sky, Earth, light
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(!)
Day 3: Plants
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars (as calendrical and navigational aids)
Day 5: Sea monsters (whales), fish, birds, land animals, creepy-crawlies (reptiles, insects, etc.)
Day 6: Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time)
Day 7: Nothing (the Gods took the first day off anyone ever did)

Day 1: Creation of Sky, Earth and Light

The universe was filled homogeneously and isotropically with an incredibly high energy density, huge temperatures and pressures, and was very rapidly expanding and cooling. Approximately 10−35 seconds into the expansion, a phase transition caused a cosmic inflation, during which the universe grew exponentially.

This theory, in which all the atheists, scientists and other people believe says, that the universe had mass, sky and light, and so does the Bible says, that the universe had sky, earth and light on the first day of creation

Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky

A few minutes into the expansion, when the temperature was about a billion (one thousand million; 109; SI prefix giga) Kelvin and the density was about that of air, neutrons combined with protons to form the universe's deuterium and helium nuclei in a process called Big Bang necleosynthesis. Most protons remained uncombined as hydrogen nuclei. As the universe cooled, the rest mass energy density of matter came to gravitationally dominate that of the photon radiation. After about 380,000 years the electrons and nuclei combined into atoms (mostly hydrogen);
hence the radiation decoupled from matter and continued through space
largely unimpeded. This relic radiation is known as the cosmic
microwave background radiation.

It says that the univers now has water because now there is hydrogen and if you ask primary school student, that students would also tell you that it is simple science that hydrogen and oxygen makes water.

Day 3 & 4: Plants

Over a long period of time, the slightly denser regions of the nearly
uniformly distributed matter gravitationally attracted nearby matter
and thus grew even denser, forming gas clouds, stars,
galaxies, and the other astronomical structures observable today. The
details of this process depend on the amount and type of matter in the
universe. The three possible types of matter are known as cold dark matter, hot dark matter and baryonice matter. The best measurements available (from WMAP)
show that the dominant form of matter in the universe is cold dark
matter. The other two types of matter make up less than 20% of the
matter in the universe.

The big bang theory says that stars, sun, moon etc came into existence after quite a while. So strange, now you should belive in Bible as it says same.

Rest of the days are same in Big Bang theory that plant life came first, then animal kingdom and then apes decided to evolve into humans. And then suddenly Apes thought that no more evolution.

Dear, Bible says the same thing, only you believe in Big Bang an incomplete theory with huge and unexplainable gaps, whereas Bible give a detailed account.

God bless you

Information: Wikipedia

Last edited by on Tue 12 Feb 2008, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lovingdove Tue 12 Feb 2008, 6:39 pm

Anymore myths Sophie? coz we will put all your myths to facts and thank you Daniel for a very well explained answer. Bravo! Bravo!

God bless
lovingdove
lovingdove
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 78
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  FaithfulSon Wed 13 Feb 2008, 11:12 am

I searched Internet for 3 days but could not find a suitable answer. Today when I signed in, I found your answer to Sophie's questions. Really that made my day and now I have the answer to all this mystery. You are right Daniel that science is no measuring scale to verify and authenticate Bible. Your answer using the Big Bang Theory in which all the atheists of the world believe in surely shows that creation as recorded in Genesis is same. Thank you Daniel for answering this as I have found this question proudly put up on non-christian websites.

God bless
FaithfulSon
FaithfulSon
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post  thirsty Wed 13 Feb 2008, 3:21 pm

Daniel you ued their tool - THE BIG BANG THEORY. I never thought of it this way. Actually I thank Sophie she highlighted this because I never knew the order the way the Universe and Earth was created. Really amazing, I went through the Big Bang Theory and related your reply to it and I bless God that He gave us every answer and no one on earth can prove that Bible is not the Word of God and there is no God. I am so happy to read the explanation that today in my office I left on atheist speechless. lol

God bless all
thirsty
thirsty
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content