Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Retirement Age According to the Bible

2 posters

Go down

The Retirement Age According to the Bible Empty The Retirement Age According to the Bible

Post  Waqar Daniel Wed 05 Mar 2008, 9:33 pm

The best use of Bible is to use it in our lives and we will enjoy our lives and we will never see decay, misery and suffering. Bible has everything to teach us whether it is our spiritual life or worldly life. Not only these Laws can be used in our worldly lives but we can also use them in our professional lives. Bible sets retirement age as:
The LORD said to Moses, "This applies to the Levites: Men twenthy-five years old or more shall come to take part in the work at the Tent of Meeting, but at the age of fifty, they must retire from their regular service and work no longer. They may assist their brothers in performing their duties at the Tent of Meeting, but they must not do the work. This, then, is how you are to assign the responsibilities of the Levites" (Numbers 8:23-26)
Although, this rule is for Levites, but it is applicable in this 21st century. In this fast world, when we work for long hours, the best age of retirement is 50 years. After retirement, it is hard to leave that life. So in order to continue, we must assist others, so that, using our previous knowledge, we may train younger generation, especially in crisis management. Many young professionals lose their jobs as there is no one to help them or guide them.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25
Country : The Retirement Age According to the Bible RedCross-1

Warning : The Retirement Age According to the Bible 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Retirement Age According to the Bible Empty Re: The Retirement Age According to the Bible

Post  forhisglory Thu 06 Mar 2008, 4:53 am

Hi Daniel, I like your article and wish it was like you
said, but unfortunately here it is 64 and going up till we die, so we will not
ever collect social security. How old you must be in your country, and what
kind of benefits will you get? I am curious. God be praise forever and may you be forever bless. forhisglory. Like a Star @ heaven
forhisglory
forhisglory
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Retirement Age According to the Bible Empty Re: The Retirement Age According to the Bible

Post  Waqar Daniel Thu 06 Mar 2008, 10:36 am

I agree with you that the reitrement age has gone up. In Pakistan, it is 65 and they get all the benefits, they signed for. But normally small companies just pay them Provident Fund and nothingelse. What I have found out is that, most of the people get divorced by the time they are to retire, but empty houses and no one to share their loneliness, they try not to retire and keep on working.

I believe that if companies, choose to retire people at the age of 50, it will help to eradicate problem of jobless people. Young people will get more chances and if the companies use these retired people as consultants, this will help the companies. As you know, in this world, these days, people want to earn in any way. They would do anything possible even if it requires them to walk in totally opposite direction.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down