Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any other name besides Jesus for salvation

4 posters

Go down

Is there any other name besides Jesus for salvation Empty Is there any other name besides Jesus for salvation

Post  servant Sat 15 Mar 2008, 1:40 pm

The post was willfully deleted by the poster

Last edited by servant on Fri 27 Feb 2009, 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
servant
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 87
Hobbies : Deep Bible Study
Registration date : 2008-01-13
Country : Is there any other name besides Jesus for salvation RedCross-1

Warning : Is there any other name besides Jesus for salvation 110

Back to top Go down

Is there any other name besides Jesus for salvation Empty Re: Is there any other name besides Jesus for salvation

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 15 Mar 2008, 7:39 pm

This question has been put up to me many times also. I do not regard it as a logical question, because the motive of the person asking the question is to justify himself or herself of their sinful lives because tells us to live a self-disciplined and self-controlled lives.

When someone asks me this question, I always tell me them that I am responsible for my life. I have heard about Jesus, now it is up to me what to do. Do I want to be among those who will go to hell or to heaven? The choice is mine. I also tell the other person, that he or she has also heard about Jesus - Now what is their choice?

People make up various excuses not to follow Jesus since the creation of Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve knew who God is, yet they trangressed. Cain and Abel knew who God is yet Cain refused to follow God.

I divide the world religion history into two categories.

• Pre-Crucifixion Era
  • Post Crucifixion Era

In both the eras, satan tried to twist the worship of one and true God and deceive many to hell but only those will go to heaven who will survive deception.

In Pre-crucifixion Era, people knew about God but satan deceived them into believing Father god, mother god, son god and other deities. In Post crucifixion era, satan totally went into denial of Jesus Christ, His death on the cross and Jesus' resurrection.

Now coming back to the question, who says God was never preached? Noah was given seven laws and people of the world were asked to follow them but they always refused to follow God.
When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were bron to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married anyone they chose. (Genesis 6:1-2)
This is the time when fallen of angels started to deceive men of their faith in God with different deities.
God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all people on earth had corrupted their ways. (Genesis 6:11-12)

God found Noah to be a righteous person (Genesis 6:9), it means that he was following the ways of God. Now after the flood that destroyed the humankind sparing Noah and his household, again the faith was in the only one and true God. Then again people became corrupt to the teaching of satan and left God for other man-made or satan made deities.

God has always loved everyone and there was no soull who had not heard about God but this is how they treated all those who worshipped God.
Egyptians could not eat with Hebrews, for that is detestable to Egyptians. (Genesis 43:32)
The did not Hebrews because of their race but because of their God.

All living at that time knew the God of Hebrews but they turned blind to God and went on with their religious rituals. Now if history is correct, China was having trade with Egypt and other countries and likewise nearly all the countries were connected with each other through trade. Yet China adopted hinduism, buddhism and Islam.

Let us talk of now, nearly everyone has heard of Jesus but how many have turned to Him. People are killed because of following Jesus Christ. Many believe that their good works will take them to heavens, yet many believe that every deity is a form of God. God just localized them. Like many believe in Krishna but is he the supreme hindu deity? People follow foolish things without knowing what they are following.

Now coming to a very important part of the question, "What about those who live in Jungle?" The question is who lives is jungle, is there any race of the world that lives all by themselves, cut off from the world?

The logic is simple, people just do not want to leave their worldly passions and refuse to follow Jesus. We are responsible for our lives and we are not responsible for the whole world. We cannot be let off the hook by saying, "What will happen to those who have not heard of Jesus".

For the Law says,
You shall have no other gods before me. (10 Commandments Exodus 20)

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. and in Acts 4:12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.''
It does not say "The World" but it talks of our personal relationship with God.

Whether, it is Krishna, Buddha or any other name on earth, can save us for their names could not save them. They all died and dead are No Good. The only name that can save us is Jesus Christ for He is alive.

So always remember, we must be concerned of ourselves, our lives for we have heard the name of Jesus Christ. Other names will drive us to hell but only Jesus Christ can drive us out of hell. If I am saved, what difference will it make it to my family. If they refuse to follow Jesus, my belief in Jesus will not save them. Only their belief in Jesus will save them from hell.

I hope Lee I have answered the question.

God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is there any other name besides Jesus for salvation Empty Re: Is there any other name besides Jesus for salvation

Post  lovemylord Sat 15 Mar 2008, 11:25 pm

Waqar Daniel wrote:So always remember, we must be concerned of ourselves, our lives for we have heard the name of Jesus Christ. Other names will drive us to hell but only Jesus Christ can drive us out of hell. If I am saved, what difference will it make it to my family. If they refuse to follow Jesus, my belief in Jesus will not save them. Only their belief in Jesus will save them from hell.
I agree with you Daniel, people make excuses and must all be concerned for our lives and it is very important. God bless
lovemylord
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  blessed4ever Sun 16 Mar 2008, 7:14 pm

Jesus is the only way but this question is not asked mostly by non-believers but by believers and I believe that we are too concerned about others than looking into our lives. Instead of following the Laws of God, we look at others and speak on their behalf, which puts us in grave danger of losing our souls. We are so fond of looking into other ways so that we could justify ourselves. It is sad that we don't look upto Jesus for our salvation but we look upto other gods who did no good to their believers while they were alive and they would do no good after their death.

In Christ
blessed4ever
blessed4ever
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 55
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Mar 2008, 6:09 pm

a good topic to think over servant and you got quite satisfying answers also. just want to ask waqar about this he said we must be only concerned about ourselves and see whether we are saved or not, i have a query if this is the purpose of our lifes then why paul has told us, " Carry each other's burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ", Gal 6:2, if we are not concerned about others how we are going to carry their burdens and fulfill the law of Christ. Does this not means that we must be concerned about the salvation of others and not only ours and we must remember Jesus' Great Commission:- " Therefore go and disciples of all nations, baptizing then in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything i have commanded you....."
Matt:-28:19-20.
should we forget Jesus' words and be concerned only about our salvation? isn't it our sole duty to worry for their salvation also whether they have heard of Jesus or not and if they have heard, to remind them of their faith?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Wed 19 Mar 2008, 9:11 pm

Dear Hannah

Servant wrote:People have asked me before, if Jesus is the only way to get to heaven, then what about the natives living in the jungle who have never heard of Him, if they die will the go to hell even though they have never heard of Him. This question is a very good one.

We are not talking of preaching of the Gospel, sharing others burdens or helping others. We are talking of the First and basic principle of getting our souls out fo Hell and that is Salvation. The question here is, whether, there is any other name, than Jesus Christ that can save our souls from hell.

My whole reply is in the context of people making lame excuses and going beyond what is written (1 Corinthians 4:6). They say, that their good works can save them because it makes God a cruel God because not everyone has heard of Jesus. They say, what about those who live in jungles or far off places. In this context, I wrote that we should be responsible for our own Salvation because if they have not heard of Jesus, then we have surely heard of Jesus. Are we living under the commands of Jesus or out of the commands of Jesus.

Hannah, I cannot save you and neither you can save me, niether our good works can save us. Jesus Himself said:
And he that taketh not his cross and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. (Mathew 10:38)

And when He had called the people unto Him with His disciples also, He said unto them. Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself and take unto his cross and follow me (Mark 8:34)
Jesus told us that we are responsible for our own actions to be saved and those actions are to accept Jesus as LORD and Savior and then follow Him.

There is a beautiful story in the Bible:
And when He was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to Him and asked Him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life. (Mark 10:17)
The Rich man asked Jesus a simple question to Jesus, "What is that he should do to inherit the eternal life?" He did not ask Jesus, "What he should do that his whole household, alongwith his friends may inherit eternal life?" Jesus' answer was simple, "follow me". But the rich man refused because he had a lame excuse. The rich man followed each and everything but lacked what? [/quote]The verse you quoted "Carry each other's burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ", Gal 6:2, is irrelevant here. We are talking of salvation and not sharing of burdens and looking after each other.

When we accept Jesus as our LORD and Savior then what happens?, "Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him"." (John 14:23)

Paul said:
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; forever. Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly' I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)
So dear Hannah, the first step to Salvation is accepting Jesus as our LORD and Savior. The second step is to follow the rules and commands of Jesus. We not only prech Gospel by becoming Pastor or Evangelists but through our actions too. While preaching as Paul said, that we need to be careful that we may not lose our own prize.

Whether I preach the Gospel to the four ends of the earth and help millions to believe Jesus as LORD and Savior, still I need to be careful not to lose my own prize that means, my own personal belief in Jesus and walk in Him. If I helped millions to get saved, it will not save me, if I live in sin and believe in other deities.

No Good works, No Krishna, No other deity, No other faith/religion will save me, the only name that saves me, is the name of Jesus Christ and my personal faith and walk in Jesus (my own carrying of cross)

This is a fact that many have lost their souls to the passions of this world by saying and believing that their good works will save them. They also say that what will happen to people who follow Krishna, Muhammed, Buddha? Wil they go to hell, even if they have done good work for humanity? They believe that Jesus is not necessary to get saved, all people who do good, whether Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs or followers of any other belief can go to heavens.

Now Hannah, if you believe in this, then it is your choice. My Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6), therefore, I believe in what Jesus said.

God bless you

God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 21 Mar 2008, 3:22 pm

just want to say waqar you've got it all wrong what i was trying to say in my reply, anyhow i believe in Jesus Christ as my saviour and this is my faith that Jesus is the only way.
Godbless you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 21 Mar 2008, 3:38 pm

Dear Hannah

You misunderstood the whole discussion, we were talking of "Is there any other name beside Jesus for salvation?". The first and basic principle of Christianity.

God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 21 Mar 2008, 3:58 pm

i didn't misunderstood the whole discussion the main question was what about the people who never heard of Jesus? the major concern were the ones living in jungle,will they go to hell or heaven?
i've read your reply and it was perfect for the above question my point was about your comment waqar where you said we must be concerned only about our selves and our salvation only, i know your faith can't save me and mine can't save you but i was trying to say even then we must be concerned about others as Jesus has given us the Great Commission and we need to try to fulfill it, whether by preaching, teaching, or by our acts. then if people are not ready to listen and don't believe in Jesus that will be on their part, our work is to tell them about Jesus whether they have heard about Him or not.
well i hope i made my point clear.

Godbless you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 21 Mar 2008, 4:04 pm

Dear Hannah

Read it again, I was only talking of salvation. If we have heard of Jesus Christ, then what have we achieved in Jesus Christ? What I wrote was that people put up this lame excuses:

1. God is love so He will forgive everyone in the end
2. What about those who have not heard of Jesus, this proves that we need good works to go to heaven and not Jesus.

Please do read it in these contexts. First step is to believe yourself in Jesus then you go and preach. We must be concerned about ourselves and should put others in making our decisions.
Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong (Exodus 23:2)
This is the point I was making, when I said that we should be concerned about our salvation and not about what will happen to others.

God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down