When we will die

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When we will die

Post  Waqar Daniel on Sun 16 Mar 2008, 5:01 pm

Question: When we will die, will we be able to recognize our loved ones?

The Bible says Yes, we will be able to recognize our loved ones in heaven and they will be able to recognize us. This is a great promise of Heavenly Father made to all of us.
But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me (2 Samuel 12:23)
David cried and fasted when his child was sick, but when he died, he got up, he washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes. He knew that although his child is no more, but one day he will see his child again, whom he loved very much.

Another example from the Bible is when Jesus met Moses and Elijah, (who were dead) on Mount and they were recognized by all who were present there. Mathew17:1-8

Another example giving credence to the fact that we will recognize those we know in the afterlife is Jesus' story of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31. The rich man, Lazarus and Abraham were all recognized by each other after they had died. So yes, we will recognize our loved ones in heaven.

Treat all of your loved ones as though this may be the last day you will see them for some time. It might be and help them to understand who Jesus is, so that if they are not saved, they may know who Jesus is. If they are saved, encourage them, so that according to the promise, we may all live with Jesus as one family.

Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LORD Jesus Christ. (Philemon 1:3)

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning :

View user profile http://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: When we will die

Post  lisa1880 on Sun 16 Mar 2008, 7:22 pm

AMEN to this promise and thank you Daniel, I was looking for this answer. What a God we serve, who loves us, keeps us, protects us, save us and bless us abundantly.

God bless

lisa1880
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: