Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Word of Life from the Cross (1)

Go down

the word - Word of Life from the Cross (1) Empty Word of Life from the Cross (1)

Post  Fenny West Fri 21 Mar 2008, 11:35 am

'Today, You will be with me in paradise'

Looking at the seven poignant revelatory statements of the Lord Jesus Christ on the Cross, we can attest that the words that He spoke were Spirit and life. Let us now ponder on and feast on the immortal words that tumbled out of the mouth of our Saviour, Who though very God, was also very man. His words are as comforting and inspirational as ever even after over 2000 years since they were first uttered.
We have the Holy Spirit, Who is here, to breathe new life into those words.
Jesus himself said, ‘The Words that I speak to you, they are spirit and they are life.’
Come with me as we partake of fresh Bread from Heaven. John6:63 KJV
39And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
40But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

As we all know, two thieves were crucified with Jesus, one on either side. One of them joined with other who said, ‘he delivered others he could not deliver himself,…’ ’ if you are the Son of delivered yourself and us. If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. . He cast aspersions and disrespected the Saviour. The other man was more sensible. He knew Jesus was innocent and that they deserved their punishment. He rebuked his fellow criminal ‘Don’t you fear God?’ This man is innocent .He went on to ask Jesus to remember him when He came into His Kingdom. And Jesus said:

1.“Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”
Luke 23:42-44
42 Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”
44 Now it was about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
What is our lesson from Jesus’ statement?
God is merciful, and no matter how far gone we may think we are, all we need to do is to be humble and penitent. One o f the criminals realised he was a sinner and asked the Lord to remember him and that was enough to save him. The truth remains, that when we are full of our own ways it becomes a stumbling block to reconciliation with God. Furthermore, reconciliation with God is often made complex but it is as simple as saying, ‘Lord, I am sorry for my sins. Forgive me. Accept me as one of your own.’
And that will mark a New Beginning, a fresh start on a glorious New and Living Way.
He said in His word, ‘Come as you are’ ‘ Come all who labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. ..Take my yoke upon you, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light. ‘ ‘ The Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. ‘ ‘ As many as received Him, He gave the power to become children of God.’ ‘If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature, the old has gone and the new has come.’
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Country : the word - Word of Life from the Cross (1) RedCross-1

Warning : the word - Word of Life from the Cross (1) 110