Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

entertainment or possessioms

Go down

entertainment or possessioms Empty entertainment or possessioms

Post  tom2 Sun 18 May 2008, 1:44 pm

we all know that the flesh is in direct opposition to God.and that satan uses it to fool us all.now that being said today people, including many people who claim to be saved, live thinking that joy,peace,and happiness come from entertainment,or possessions.if I just had more money I would be happy.if I just had a nicer home,a nicer car,I would be happy.if the people around me would just change into what I want them to be I would be happy.they are entertained by tv,movies,sports,amusement parks,you name it.now this is the flesh,the wordly way not Gods way.peace,joy, happiness, are not found in the flesh ,but in living a apiritual life following jesus,and living as a servant to Gods commands, and walking in love.
tom2
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Warning : entertainment or possessioms 110

Back to top Go down

entertainment or possessioms Empty Re: entertainment or possessioms

Post  tom2 Sun 18 May 2008, 3:50 pm

scriture tells us that God gave his son,that God gives us his grace freely,gives us a not a spirit of fear.in t other words God gives all too us.yet when we live by the flesh we are takers,not givers.our flesh strives too fullfill its desires,its lusts and we are never happy,and at peace.oh yes the flesh is,but the spirit is lost,unhappy,never at peace.thats what wrong with ,and what always has been wrong with the world.weallow the flesh rule over our spirit.which is suppose to commune with God so we while we live in the flesh maight imulate ,or as God intended actually live in his likeness.
tom2
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  tom2 Sun 18 May 2008, 5:09 pm

my point is this.the flesh seeks after the needs and desires of the flesh.science and technology are of the world .they have made our lives comfortable,but we including me must watch not to allow life too beconme comfortable,and entertaining.read acts 9-15-16. ananias was told that he must go to paul, and tell him how much he would SUFFER for jesus,s name sake.if as a christian you are comfortable,and happy and entertained by the world,my point is are you living by the spirit,or the flesh?
tom2
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down