Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great and Awesome God

Go down

Great and Awesome God Empty Great and Awesome God

Post  Fenny West Mon 23 Jun 2008, 11:04 am

Psalm 104

1Praise the LORD, O my soul.
O LORD my God, you are very great;
you are clothed with splendor and majesty.
2 He wraps himself in light as with a garment;
he stretches out the heavens like a tent
3 and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters.
He makes the clouds his chariot
and rides on the wings of the wind.
4 He makes winds his messengers,
flames of fire his servants. [/color]

What great and awesome God we serve!
Who clothes Himself with splendor and majesty;
Wraps Himself with light as a robe;
Stretches out the heavens like a curtain;

Lays the beams of His upper chamber in their waters;
Makes clouds His chariots
Walks on the wing of the wind
Makes (adverse) winds is messengers;

flames of fire His servants...
Can you picture the greatness of God in these descriptions?
Yet the description above is just the tip of the iceberg
No words can adequately describe our God

His greatness no one can fathom
His splendor and majesty are beyond compare
This was why He did not allow Moses to see his face.
He only saw His back.

20And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. (Ex33:20-23)

29And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
30And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him. (Ex 34:29-30)

Yet when Moses returned from being in His presence, he glowed with the glory of the Lord and the people could not look at his face.
And so being in His presence gives you the opportunity for the glory, splendor and majesty to rob off on you.

29-30 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai carrying the two Tablets of The Testimony, he didn't know that the skin of his face glowed because he had been speaking with God. Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, saw his radiant face, and held back, afraid to get close to him.

He clothed himself with light as a robe.

In his presence nothing is hidden; He sees you through and through. He sees not just what we do but the motive behind them. Darkness flees before Him. Sin has no place in His presence. It must be dealt with at the outer court before we proceed to the holy place and the holy of holies. If I have iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me. Ps68:19

If we confess our sins then He cleanses us from all unrighteousness and we can have fellowship with Him.

He stretches out the heavens like a curtain.

Behold His power, authority and. sovereignty. And if He can do that, what is too hard for Him? What are you believing in Him for? For we are told that He can do far above what we can think or dream of- yes, far beyond our wildest dreams. He said Himself: Behold I am the Lord, the God of all people: Is there anything too hard for Me?

Isa 40

12-17Who has scooped up the ocean
in his two hands,
or measured the sky between his thumb and little finger,
Who has put all the earth's dirt in one of his baskets,
weighed each mountain and hill?
Who could ever have told God what to do
or taught him his business?
What expert would he have gone to for advice,
what school would he attend to learn justice?
What god do you suppose might have taught him what he knows,
showed him how things work?
Why, the nations are but a drop in a bucket,
a mere smudge on a window.
Watch him sweep up the islands
like so much dust off the floor!
There aren't enough trees in Lebanon
nor enough animals in those vast forests
to furnish adequate fuel and offerings for his worship.
All the nations add up to simply nothing before him—
less than nothing is more like it. A minus.

I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. Isa46:10

He made the clouds His chariots.

Think about it especially when you go through cloudy, murky, foggy circumstances and you cannot see your way through. Remember that you have an awesome God who makes the cloud His chariot, a glorified carriage or vehicle to take you to where you’re going. So you may not know where you’re going but as you’re with Him you can ride in His chariot through the cloudy terrain. You can be rest assured that He will bring you to your desired haven.

He rides or walks on the wings of the wind.

What winds do you face today? Are they howling, hollering, ferocious and threatening to blow you off course? Fix your eyes on the Author and finisher of your faith. Stand to see your salvation! Remind yourself: My God walks on the wings of the wind, therefore I fear no evil, rather expect Him to manifest Himself in this tempest.

Encourage yourself: It is written, 'He makes (adverse) winds His messengers.' "This wind will carry me to glory, another level of faith, another level of exploits, another level of intimacy. My God is with me in this wind. He said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you until the end of the age.'"

He makes flames of fire his servants

Whatever you’re in they are working for God and working for you. They are refining you, burning off the dross for the Holy Spirit to cream off. Remind yourself the truth about the refining of gold. There are different grades of gold. They call it carats. The ones with a higher carat have usually seen more fire. And the goldsmith is never far away when his gold is being smelted or refined. He knows when to bring it out. He cannot leave it a moment beyond that time. And the right time is when he can see his image reflected back to him.

So the fire you are going through is for your good and for God’s glory. Your pain will bring a gain. You will be able to say like Job: when he has tried me I shall come forth like gold. Yes you may go through the water but you will not drown; you will go through the fire but you will not be burned. You will come out smelling like a rose. Know that like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, the Lord is there with you. Let your testimony and faith in Him trigger His manifest presence for the world around you to see and give Him glory like Nebuchadnessar did.( Isa43:1-2, Dan 3)

God can also use you as a flame of fire in His hands against His enemies. For this to happen, you must be honed, sharpened, fueled, ready to be burned, yet not consumed to show forth His praise and glory. He will make your face like a flint and His adversaries cannot stand you. He will use you to execute judgment, convict people and draw many into His Kingdom.
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Warning : Great and Awesome God 110

http://inspiration4generations.com