Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can God use you?

Go down

Can God use you? Empty Can God use you?

Post  dove Fri 11 Jul 2008, 7:55 am

The Lord and his disciples were traveling along and came to a village. When they got there, a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home.
Luk 10:39 She had a sister named Mary, who sat down in front of the Lord and was listening to what he said.
Luk 10:40 Martha was worried about all that had to be done. Finally, she went to Jesus and said, "Lord, doesn't it bother you that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her to come and help me!"
Luk 10:41 The Lord answered, "Martha, Martha! You are worried and upset about so many things,
Luk 10:42 but only one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen what is best, and it will not be taken away from her." (Luke 10:38-42)
Martha of Bethany welcomed Jesus into her home. Her act of service may seem small compared to works like the apostle Paul's missionary trips and letters. But she and her family provided a place of rest and refreshment for the Savior. This act must have been a welcome pause in His busy week.

It's true that Jesus once corrected Martha for placing too much emphasis on the details of hospitality. But when He visited her home, He no doubt anticipated food and fellowship with people He loved.

God's plan for every believer is made up of a lifetime of small opportunities. No matter what our career or calling may be. We should each seek ways to serve the Lord daily. We do this by ministering wherever we are to family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers.

The Lord gives His children gifts and talents for fulfilling His purpose. So, we know He wants to use us. The question we should be asking is, "Can God use me?" That is, have we made ourselves available to follow Him in any circumstance?

The areas of service set aside specifically for us are waiting. No one knows ahead of time exactly what God will require, but we can be sure He'll equip us with the right tools for the task.

Are you ready to say "yes, God can use me?" Tell the Lord that you're available to work for Him in any way He desires. He will respond by placing people and opportunities in your path. Through His strength, you'll do more to further the kingdom than you ever imagined. One day and one small act of service at a time.

Dr. Charles Stanley
dove
dove
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 246
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Warning : Can God use you? 110

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: