Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus

2 posters

Go down

10 Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus Empty 10 Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 16 Jul 2007, 12:59 pm

[color:c82f=white:c82f]Isaiah 49:6
"It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."

God talks of Jesus here, who would be a light to Gentiles (non-Jews) so that God's salvation could reach the ends of the earth. We as Christians believe that salvation, forgiveness of sins and eternal life in heaven are available to anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their savior: "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." - Romans 10:9-10 (NIV translation).

Deuteronomy 18:15-18
The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me (Moses) from among your own brothers. You must listen to Him...The LORD said to me..."I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will command Him."

As Moses led, Israelites from Egypt as a Shepherd, so Jesus also led the whole world back to the presence of God the Father, through His sacrifice and then Resurrection. Moses did miracles in front of Pharoah, his court and magicians. Similarly, Jesus did wonders and miracles surpassing wonders and miracles of Moses. Moses led the Jews out of the bonds of slavery in Egypt into the Promised Land of Israel. Moses died shortly before the Jews entered Israel. Jesus leads people - anyone who accepts Jesus as their Savior - out of the bonds of sin and into the Promised Land of Heaven.

Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the LORD Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with a child and give birth to a son, and
[*] will call Him Immanuel
*eithr "he" or "they"

We as Christians believe that the more important and literal meaning of this prophecy refers to someone who miraculously would be born of a virgin and referred to as "Immanuel," which literally means "God is with us." According to the four Gospels, Jesus was born of the virgin Mary and is the Son of God. Because God allowed himself to born as a man, as Jesus, to live and suffer among us and to offer us salvation, he can be called "God is with us" in the most literal sense.

Genesis 49:10
The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, until he comes to whom it belongs and the obedience of the nations is his

Jacob told his son Judah that his descendants will be rulers and that one of his descendants will be an ultimate ruler. We as Christians, believe that this is a reference to Jesus Christ who will establish an everlasting kingdom in the future. Jesus was born about 2000 years after Jacob died. Jesus' ancestry is traced back to Jacob's son, Judah, in Luke 3:23-34 and in Matthew 1:1-16. Today, some estimates claim that there are as many as 2 billion Christians worldwide follow the teachings of Jesus.

Micah 5:2
"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of olf, from ancient times

In Micah 5:2, there is a prophecy that reveals that Bethlehem would be the birthplace of the Messiah.

For Christians, the prophecy is very powerful in a very simple way. It eliminates all other cities and towns throughout the world as a place in which the Messiah could be born. It narrows the possibilities to one tiny village just south of Jerusalem. And throughout the span of the past 27 centuries, from the days of the prophet Micah up through the present time, Bethlehem is credited as being the birthplace for only one person who is widely known throughout the world. And that person is Jesus Christ.

The New Testament books of Matthew and Luke list Bethlehem as the birthplace of Jesus. Matthew 2:1-6 describes the birth of Jesus as the fulfillment of Micah's prophecy.

Isaiah 40:3
A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for the ORD; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the LORD will be revealed and mankind together will see it. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."

The prophet Isaiah, writes about a person in the desert who prepares the way for the Lord. This prophecy foreshadowed the life of John the Baptist, who played an important role in preparing the groundwork for the ministry of Jesus Christ. Jesus was born shortly after John the Baptist about 2000 years ago. The book of Matthew records many events of the life of Jesus and of John the Baptist. In Matthew 3:1-2, it says: "In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Desert of Judea, and saying, Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

Daniel 9:24-26
"Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish trangression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting reighteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy."

"Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven `sevens,' and sixty-two `sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble.

After the sixty-two `sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.

During Daniel's lifetime, the Babylonians had destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple and had taken many Jews as captives to Babylon. Daniel, while in Babylon, delivered a prophecy of what would happen during the centuries that followed. Here is our summary of Daniel 9:24-26:

1. There would be a decree to rebuild Jerusalem.
2. Jerusalem and the Temple would be rebuilt.
3. Then an anointed one (messiah) would be "cut off" (an idiom for "rejected" or "killed").
4. Then Jerusalem and the Temple would be destroyed again.

All of these events later happened, in the same order in which they are described in Daniel 9:24-26:

1. After the Medo-Persians had conquered the neo-Babylonian empire about 2500 years ago, they ruled a vast empire that included the land of Israel. About 2400 years ago (about 445 BC), Persian king Artaxerxes gave permission to the Jews to rebuild Jerusalem, which was still in ruins after having been destroyed earlier by the Babylonians.
2. The Jews rebuilt the Temple and the city of Jerusalem.
3. Then, about 2000 years ago, Jesus entered Jerusalem as the Messiah who had been promised by Old Testament prophets. But, many people rejected Jesus as the Messiah and He was crucified by the Romans.
4. About 40 years after Jesus was crucified, the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple. (The Temple has not been rebuilt since then).

Zecariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

In Zechariah 9:9, the prophet speaks of a future king presenting himself to Jerusalem while riding on a humble donkey. This foreshadowed something that happened about 500 years later: As explained in Luke 19:35-37, Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey and presented Himself as the Messiah, the King.

that there are many traditions about this donkey on which the Messiah is to ride; and so firm was the belief in it, that, according to the Talmud, `if anyone saw a donkey in his dreams, he will see salvation' (Ber 56 b)."

The name "Jesus," means "salvation" in Hebrew.

Zechariah 11:12-13
I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"--the handsome praice at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter

As explained in Matthew 26:15, Judas was paid 30 silver coins for his betrayal of Jesus. Judas told the Romans when and where they could arrest Jesus without being surrounded by a large crowd of Jesus' followers. But, as explained in Matthew 27:5-7, Judas later tossed the money into the Temple (the house of the Lord) and the money was used to buy a potter's field as a burial place for foreigners.

God bless you all.[/color]

Last edited by on Thu 19 Jul 2007, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : 10 Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

10 Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus Empty Re: 10 Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus

Post  thirsty Mon 16 Jul 2007, 4:05 pm

I read Bible but never of these verses this way.

cheers
thirsty
thirsty
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : 10 Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus 110

Back to top Go down