All Powerful God needed rest?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved All Powerful God needed rest?

Post  sophie on Thu 04 Sep 2008, 3:16 pm

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. (Genesis 2:2)

If God is all-powerful why did he have to rest after working on creation for six days?

sophie
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 25
Profession : Medicine Doctor
Hobbies : Reading
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: All Powerful God needed rest?

Post  Waqar Daniel on Thu 04 Sep 2008, 3:21 pm

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." (Exodus 20:8-11)

The Hebrew word for Sabbath is SHABAT. It means to cease or desist from day to day work.

Similarly in Genesis 2:2, it simply means God ceased from creating and it does not mean physical rest.

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. (Genesis 2:1-3)

God bless you

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LORD Jesus Christ. (Philemon 1:3)

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning :

View user profile http://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  derprinz on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 5:03 pm

DEAR Sophie
let's take a look at what the bible say than decide

"It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the
LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was
refreshed
."
(Exodus 31:17)

"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the
seventh day from all his work which he had made."
(Genesis 2:2)
" For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them
is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath
day, and hallowed it." (Exodus 20:11)
Sabbath
is a standing insult to God in the bible because according to it God rested on
this day. Therefore Christians and Jews are commanded to rest on this day.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do
any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy
maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:"
(Exodus 20:9-10)

And anyone who works on Sabbath day is to be put to death.
"Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that
defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any
work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people."
(Exodus
31:14)

Now lets read the Quran and see the divine qualities of God.
"...Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber
can seize Him nor sleep."
(Quran 2:255)
"We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in Six Days, nor did any
sense of weariness touch Us."
(Quran 50:38)

Decide for yourself which God is the True one.

derprinz
BANNED

Male

Number of posts : 54
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Warning :

View user profile http://therightpath.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  derprinz on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 5:36 pm

let's take a look at some more examples from the Bible

Barber God :
The bible says
" In the same day shall the Lord
shave with a rasor that is hired,
namely, by them beyond the river, by
the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also
consume the beard."
(Isaiah 7:20)
Is this what God does?? He is going to shave people's legs,beard and head with the
hired razor. He hasn't even got one of his own. Is this the work of God?

God riding a cherub.

"Cherub" means
1. a celestial being. Gen. 3:24; Ezek. 1,10.
2. Theology. a member of the second order
of angels, often represented as a beautiful rosy-cheeked child with wings.

3. a beautiful or innocent person, esp. a
child.

4. a person, esp. a child, with a sweet,
chubby, innocent face.

These are The meanings I got from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cherub

The Biblical God rides it.

"And he(God) rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the
wings of the wind." (II Samuel 22:11)

God is riding upon a cherub. God is flying in the air. Is this the quality of God??
Read also Psalms 18:8 onwards

God's Lips ,tongue and Breath

"27 See, the Name of the LORD comes from afar, with burning anger and dense clouds
of smoke; his lips are full of wrath, and his tongue is a consuming
fire.

28 His breath is like a rushing torrent
rising up to the neck
.He shakes the nations in the sieve of destruction he
places in the jaws of the peoples a bit that leads them astray. " (Isaiah
30:27-28)

God commands his Prophet to walk naked.

"At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose
the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he
did so, walking naked and barefoot.

[3] And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three
years
for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia;" (Isaiah
20:2-3)

Imagine Isaiah one of the mightiest of the Biblical Prophets walks absolutely naked and
barefoot for 3 years on the commandment of God. A Prophet of God Walking down
the streets, in front of women and children absolutely naked for 3 long years
not even wearing a G-string. Imagine if a Pope goes around naked preaching the
message of God. Huh ! Is this the quality of God that he commands people to do
such things. The Glorious Quran says

Say: “No, indeed, Allah never commands what is shameful: would you say of Allah what You do not, know?” (Al-Araf, 28)

God doesn't command people to do such shameful deeds.

Does God repent??

"And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved
him at his heart." (Genesis 6:6)

This does not befit God at all. Its human quality to repent. God is All-Knowing
and Omnicient. He does not repent.

Smoke Came out of God's nostrils and devouring fire from his mouth.

"There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals
were kindled by it."
(II Samuel 22:9)

What a blasphemy!!

Is Biblical God Merciful??

"And he smote the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark
of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and
ten men:
and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the
people with a great slaughter." (I Samuel 6:19)

God Almighty punished 50,070 for merely looking into an ark.

Note :The newer version of the Bible like NIV etc have shamelessly reduced the number
to 70 only !!

"[3] Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
[4] Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven
image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the
earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

[5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them,
nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the
iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation
of them that hate me;"
(Exodus 20:3-5)

God is not only going to punish people who join gods with him but he is also going to
punish people till their third and fourth generation.

Note : Christians are included in this. Because they say Jesus IS God and Holy
Spirit IS God.

The Bible says
"And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you
seven times more for your sins.
" (Leviticus 26:18)

"And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven
times more plagues upon you according to your sins
." (Leviticus

26:21)

"And if ye will not be reformed by me by these things, but will walk contrary unto
me; [24] Then will I also walk contrary unto you, and will punish you yet
seven times for your sins
." (Leviticus 26:23-24)

In the above verses we can see that God doesn't even gets satisfied with one for one.
He is going to punish people seven times more for their sins. Whereas the Quran
says
:
"He that doeth good shall have ten times as much to his credit: He that doeth
evil shall only be recompensed according to his evil
: no wrong shall be
done unto (any of) them." (Quran 6:160)

"If any does good, the reward to him is better than his deed; but if any does evil,
the doers of evil are only punished (to the extent) of their deeds
."
(Quran 28:84)

derprinz
BANNED

Male

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 6:33 pm

You make me laugh. You make up stories on your own, you distort the meaning and lie. In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely, by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard. (Isaiah 7:20)
Derprinz interpreted the and wrote wrote:Is this what God does?? He is going to shave people's legs,beard and head with the hired razor. He hasn't even got one of his own. Is this the work of God?
The verse is about the Assyrian monarch, whom God would use as an instrument in His hand to spoil and cut off the people of the Jews; who is compared to a "razor" for sharpness; and for the thorough work, and utter ruin and destruction, He should be the means of; and called a "hired" one, either in reference to the present Ahaz sent to the king of Assyria, by which he prevailed upon him to come and help him against the kings of Syria and Israel, 2Kings 16:7 or to a reward given by the Lord to Nebuchadnezzar for the service in which He employed him, see Ezekiel 29:18,
Son of man, Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon caused his army to serve a great service against Tyrus: every head was made bald, and every shoulder was peeled: yet had he no wages, nor his army, for Tyrus, for the service that he had served against it:
God talks of utter disgrace, as in those times, if someone's head was shaved off. It is only a phrase and not your stupid interpretation.
Derprinz wrote:The Biblical God rides it.

"And he(God) rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the
wings of the wind." (II Samuel 22:11)
What is so strange about it? Do you think that who created everything, cannot do this? Your Allah cannot and it is sure for there is not a single verse that says so in the Koran but our God can.
I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? (Jeremiah 32:27)
Why doesn't Koran say so because Mohammed never saw God and never who God was.

Please correct me here, didn't Mohammed claim that Gabriel came to him in male human form? If angel can do that why can't God Himself.
At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot. (Isaiah 20:2-3)
Derprinz interpreted the verse and wrote:Imagine
Isaiah one of the mightiest of the Biblical Prophets walks absolutely naked and
barefoot for 3 years on the commandment of God. A Prophet of God Walking down
the streets, in front of women and children absolutely naked for 3 long years
not even wearing a G-string. Imagine if a Pope goes around naked preaching the
message of God. Huh ! Is this the quality of God that he commands people to do
such things...
Go, and loose the sackcloth
It was commonly worn as an emblem of mourning. But there is reason to believe that it was worn also by the prophets, and was regarded, in some degree, as their appropriate dress. It was made usually of the coarse hair of the goat, and was worn as a zone or girdle around the loins. That this was the dress of Elijah is apparent from 2Ki_1:8 : ‘He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather;’ that is, he was clothed in a garment made of hair. The same was true of John the Baptist Mat_3:4. That the prophets wore ‘a rough garment’ is apparent also from Zec_13:4 : ‘Neither shall they (the false prophets) wear a rough garment (Hebrew, A garment of hair) to deceive;’ that is, the false prophets shall not assume the dress of the true prophets for the purpose of deluding the people, or to make them think that they are true prophets. It is evident, therefore, that this hairy garment was regarded as a dress that pertained particularly to the prophets. It is well known, also, that the ancient Greek philosophers had a special dress to distinguish them from the common people. Probably the custom of wearing “hair cloth” among the monks of later ages took its rise from this example of the prophets. His removing this garment was designed to be a sign or an emblem to show that the Egyptians should be stripped of all their possessions, and carried captive to Assyria.

Walking naked - That is, walking “without this special prophetic garment. It does not mean that he was in a state of entire nudity, for all that he was directed to do was to lay this garment - this emblem of his office - aside. The word “naked,” moreover, is used in the Scriptures, not to denote an absolute destitution of clothing, but that the “outer” garment was laid aside (see the note at Joh_21:7). Thus it is said of Saul 1Sa_19:24 that he ‘stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel, and lay down naked all that day;’ that is, he stripped off his royal robes, and was “naked or unclothed” in that respect. He removed his “special” dress as a king, or military chieftain, and appeared in the ordinary dress. It cannot be supposed that the king of Israel would be seen literally without raiment. So David is said to have danced “naked” before the ark, that is, with his royal robes laid aside. The prophets were accustomed to use symbolic actions to denote the events which they foretold. Thus the children of Isaiah, and the names given to them, were significant of important events (Isa_8:1-3; compare Jer_18:1-6; Jer_43:8-9); in both of which places he used emblematic actions to exhibit the events concerning which he prophesied in a striking manner. Thus also the prophets are expressly called ‘signs and wonders’ Zec_3:8; Eze_12:6.

You quoted Koran in the end of your post, I would also like to do so[quote]10.94
But if you are in doubt as to what We have revealed to you, ask those who read the Book before you; certainly the truth has come to you from your Lord, therefore you should not be of the disputers. [/b]You know why we laugh at your comments because you do not follow your Allah and you never ask us for guidance. See, your Allah also commanded you to seek guidance from Jews and Christians.

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LORD Jesus Christ. (Philemon 1:3)

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 6:45 pm

Derprinz wrote:DEAR Sophie
let's take a look at what the bible say than decide

"It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the
LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was
refreshed." (Exodus 31:17)

"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the
seventh day from all his work which he had made." (Genesis 2:2)
" For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them
is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath
day, and hallowed it." (Exodus 20:11)
Sabbath
is a standing insult to God in the bible because according to it God rested on
this day. Therefore Christians and Jews are commanded to rest on this day...Now lets read the Quran and see the divine qualities of God.
"...Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber
can seize Him nor sleep." (Quran 2:255)
"We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in Six Days, nor did any
sense of weariness touch Us." (Quran 50:38)

Decide for yourself which God is the True one.
I have already explained the meaning of rest as you have certainly not noticed. Secondly, Sophie does not believe in any god or gods or faiths or religions.

Rest simply means to stop/finish and it does not mean that God was so tired that He rested. Secondly, Is your Allah creating things every milli-second? God of Bible created and blessed them to multiply
God blessed them. Be fruitful and increase in number...(Genesis 1:28)
If God is creating every milli-second then why did He give humans reproductive organs, why do we plant seeds and where do these seeds come from, why eggs are produced and how and so on.

You know your logic and reasoning remind me of a funny question. Did egg come first or hen? The answer can be hen and the answer can be an egg. If the answer is an egg then who gave it.

It seems as if I am talking to a student of Nursery class who just complains for the sake of complaining. Who cries just for the sake of it.

As it is quite obvious that you skip questions posed at you very conveniently when you do not have an answer. You lie and hide and you make up stories. You deceive and try to add things to Bible. You have no sound proof to call Koran the word of God or Mohammed His messenger.

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  derprinz on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 7:29 pm

listen Daniel
you are making me laugh with your ridiculous few interpretations of somepoints i raised
God can do anything is that all u can say
let me remind u something
there is nothing like God
"(He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you
pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does
He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the
One that hears and sees."
(The Noble Quran 42:11)

u just run away and begin attacking the Quran which u can never find in it any contradiction

"If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask
those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath
indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt."
(The Noble Quran 10:94)
“Asking the people who have been reading the book before
you” does not refer to you people. The Quran again and again says that the Bibles are corrupt. The Quran
also says that the Jews know Prophet Muhammad (s) as they know their own sons
and also says that Prophet Muhammad (s) is the messenger and the learned among
the Jews know it. The people who have been reading the books before no longer
exist.

In this verse, Allah is speaking to the people in general
to go and ask the learned Jews. Now this is common sense that those Jews will
lie, so it appears that Allah is speaking of those Jews who have embraced Islam
like Abdullah bin Sailam.

derprinz
BANNED

Male

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 8:53 pm

Derprinz wrote:u just run away and begin attacking the Quran which u can never find in it any contradiction
Really - when??? I quoted you many and you never answered my question regarding "Whose words are these - Allah or Mohammed". You and your Allah failed to even count. I showed you many contradictions, yet you say that I have not found a single. Are you blind?

Derprinz wrote:"If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt."(The Noble Quran 10:94)

“Asking the people who have been reading the book before you” does not refer to you people.
Then to what it is referred to? This time do answer the question
Derprinz wrote:The Quran also says that the Jews know Prophet Muhammad (s) as they know their own sons and also says that Prophet Muhammad (s) is the messenger and the learned among the Jews know it. The people who have been reading the books before no longer exist.
The Jews never believed him to be a prophet and surely they knew it and this is also recorded in the Koran.

"They (the Jews) say: 'We shall not believe in thee, until thou cause a spring to gush forth from the earth (as Moses in Exodus 17:6) or thou have a house adorned with gold (Solomon in I Kings 6:21), or thou mount a ladder right into the skies (Jacob in Genesis 28:12)'...Say: 'Glory to my Lord! Am I aught but a man, - an Apostle?' "(Sura 17:90-93).

What were the Jews asking for, let us see:

• "We refrain from sending the signs, only because the men of former generations treated them as false." (Sura 17:59).

• "The unbelievers say: 'Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord? But thou art truly a warner and to every people a guide (Sura 13:7).

• "When there comes to them a sign (from Allah) (i.e. the Quran Sura 2:99, 151, 252) they say: 'We shall not believe until We receive one like those received by Allah's Apostle! Allah knows best where (and how) to carry out His mission." (Sura 6:124).

• "They say: 'Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?' Say: 'Allah hath certainly power to send down a sign. 'But most of them understand not!" (Sura 6:37).

• "Say those without knowledge: 'Why speaketh not Allah unto us? Or why cometh not unto us a sign?' So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike. We have indeed made clear the signs...We have sent thee in truth as a bearer of good tidings and a warner." (Sura 2:118-119).

Is it the fault of Jews, if they asked for a proof from your prophet? Allah never sent a proof rather through his mouth claimed that Koran is a miracle. Is this the fault of Jews that Mohammed was unable to prove that he was a prophet?

It is very interesting, that you can ask us to give you a proof or proofs that Bible is Word of God, if Jesus is God but no one can ask you for a proof. Reason: You have no proof. Your prophet failed and you fail too.

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  derprinz on Sat 06 Jun 2009, 1:51 pm

Allah never sent a proof rather through his mouth claimed that Koran is a miracle. Is this the fault of Jews that Mohammed was unable to prove that he was a prophet?

u know that we muslims believe that Jesus pbuh did miracles with the permission of God
prophet Muhammed pbuh also did many miracles http://www.sunnah.org/history/miracles_of_Prophet.htm#tabarruk
but when someone come to u and tell u i didn't see Jesus neither his miracles
what u say just believe in him because he love u Very Happy
that's ridiculous and blind faith

the Quran is a living miracle
linguistic historical scientific etc
arabs where the leaders of poetry and language and they couldn't produce a surah like it
http://rapidshare.com/files/224566997/MIRACLES_OF_THE_QURAN.pdf

http://us1.harunyahya.com/Detail/T/EDCRFV/productId/1267/MIRACLES_OF_THE_QUR_AN
http://us1.harunyahya.com/Detail/T/EDCRFV/productId/5369/MIRACLES_OF_THE_QUR_AN_-_02
http://us1.harunyahya.com/Detail/T/EDCRFV/productId/5370/MIRACLES_OF_THE_QUR_AN_-_03
http://us1.harunyahya.com/Detail/T/EDCRFV/productId/9561/MIRACLES_OF_THE_QUR_AN_-_04

derprinz
BANNED

Male

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel on Sat 06 Jun 2009, 9:50 pm

Derprinz wrote:u know that we muslims believe that Jesus pbuh did miracles with the permission of God
We believe that Jesus did miracles with Power and Authority of Heavenly Father. As I have written before, permission is given to the person who is able to do so. Jesus was able to perform wonders and miracle but Mohammed was not able, and no permission was given to him.
Derprinz wrote:prophet Muhammed pbuh also did many miracles
Mohammed did no miracle and Koran is the proof for that. When people asked for a sign or a miracle, Allah came to his aid to rescue him with a verse and this what is recorded in Koran.

"We refrain from sending the signs, only because the men of former generations treated them as false." (Sura 17:59).

"The unbelievers say: 'Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord? But thou art truly a warner and to every people a guide (Sura 13:7).

"When there comes to them a sign (from Allah) (i.e. the Quran Sura 2:99, 151, 252) they say: 'We shall not believe until We receive one like those received by Allah's Apostle! Allah knows best where (and how) to carry out His mission." (Sura 6:124).

"They say: 'Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?' Say: 'Allah hath certainly power to send down a sign. 'But most of them understand not!" (Sura 6:37).

"Say those without knowledge: 'Why speaketh not Allah unto us? Or why cometh not unto us a sign?' So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike. We have indeed made clear the signs...We have sent thee in truth as a bearer of good tidings and a warner." (Sura 2:118-119).

Therefore, according to Koran, Mohammed was only a warner to Arabia and nothing more. However, it is interesting to note that in Hadiths various miracles (signs) are assigned to Mohammed contradicting what Koran said.

Let me discuss his very unscientific miracle which proves to nothing more than a story.

"We were along with Allah's Messenger at Minâ that moon was split up into two. One of its parts was behind the mountain (the mountain covered one of its parts according to another writer) and the other one was on this side of the mountain." "The people of Mecca demanded from Allah's Messenger, that he should show them (some) signs (miracles) and he showed them the splitting of the moon." (Sahih Muslim" IV, page 1 467)

Now let us see this strange miracle.

• How did the witness know that the other part was behind the mountain?
  • Moon has no visible sign of ever being divided into two halves.

Derprinz wrote:the Quran is a living miracle linguistic historical scientific etc
Allah never spoke to Mohammed, and it supposedly Gabriel who was never seen by anyone except Mohammed. So Mohammed's claim that the message is from Allah but to this claim he had no witnesses. Very strange!
Derprinz wrote:arabs where the leaders of poetry and language and they couldn't produce a surah like it
Mohammed claimed the angel, Gabriel, came to him. He said Gabriel told him he had been chosen to be the last and greatest prophet of Allah. Mohammed also claimed that Allah revealed his will to him. This message came to him in various ways, according to Mohammed and his followers. Sometimes Gabriel appeared to him. Sometimes he had dreams or visions. Mohammed’s followers memorized these messages. Muhammad is only one witness - the first witness.

In one of the hadiths, talks of a man coming and asking Muhammad questions with the tone of voice used by a teacher, and approving of Muhammad's answers. When he left, Muhammad told Omar and the others present that the man was Gabriel. Perhaps so, but again we are left with Muhammad as the sole witness. It WAS NOT Gabriel who identified himself; it was Muhammad who made the claim.
Derprinz wrote:arabs where the leaders of poetry and language and they couldn't produce a surah like it
The unbelievers of Mecca were very much aware that Koran was nothing more than copied text of some old manuscripts.

Koran 8:31
The unbelievers consider the Qur'an as the tales of the ancients...

Koran 25:5
Disbelievers say 'the Qur'an is ancient tales which they had heard before'...

Koran 27:68
The unbelievers insist that Qur'an is tales from the past...

• Mohammed never spoke to Allah and neither Allah sopke to Mohammed. So how can you say that Koran is Word of Allah?
  • According to Koran Mohammed never performed a miracle despite repeated requests by non-believers
  • Mohammed had no second witness or witnesses to his revelations or to his miracles associated with him in Hadiths
  • Non-believers alleged that Mohammed told the stories of the past and nothing new and it is mentioned in the Koran - then what was the need of Koran?

When did Divine Inspiration come to Mohammed?
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 57, Number 119
Narrated Hisham's father:

The people used to send presents to the Prophet on the day of 'Aisha's turn. 'Aisha said, "My companions (i.e. the other wives of the Prophet) gathered in the house of Um Salama and said, "0 Um Salama! By Allah, the people choose to send presents on the day of 'Aisha's turn and we too, love the good (i.e. presents etc.) as 'Aisha does. You should tell Allah's Apostle to tell the people to send their presents to him wherever he may be, or wherever his turn may be." Um Salama said that to the Prophet and he turned away from her, and when the Prophet returned to her (i.e. Um Salama), she repeated the same, and the Prophet again turned away, and when she told him the same for the third time, the Prophet said, "O Um Salama! Don't trouble me by harming 'Aisha, for by Allah, the Divine Inspiration never came to me while I was under the blanket of any woman amongst you except her."

Online Source of the Hadith to read it yourself: Companions of the Prophet

Now we know where was Gabriel and how Koran was revealed to Mohammed.

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  I Love Jesus on Sun 07 Jun 2009, 11:04 am

Through this discussion I have learnt a lot about Koran and Mohammed. I am amazed why do they follow such a faith. Don't they read all this stuff? Daniel the last hadith you quoted is really amazing.

I Love Jesus
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunshine on Sat 13 Jun 2009, 5:16 pm

Daniel I appreciate your endeavor and your stance. I would like to learn from the points he has raised against the Bible, like "Barber God", "God has lips and tongue" and so on. If you could explain them one by one it will be a great favor to me. Please do understand that I do not believe what he has posted against Jesus and Bible, I am just curious to learn the answers. Thank you in advance.

sunshine
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 24
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel on Sat 13 Jun 2009, 6:21 pm

Yes sure, I will, just give me some time. There is nothing in the Bible that cannot be explained. Only those fail who do not understand the Bible or just base their discussions on others research. I mean blind leading blind.

If you want to discuss any faith, then you have to do it according to what they believe in and not on our own interpretations or hearsay.

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ChristianLady on Sun 14 Jun 2009, 6:11 pm

That would be interesting and awesome if you answer these allegations.

ChristianLady
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top