Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weeping and gnashing of the teeth: What is the Truth?

4 posters

Go down

Weeping and gnashing of the teeth: What is the Truth? Empty Weeping and gnashing of the teeth: What is the Truth?

Post  faith Wed 24 Sep 2008, 8:19 pm

I have a question and I hope that my confusion will be answered here, recently I visited one website and they put me in confusion. They say that sinners will be like ashes but I find that in Mathew 13: 49-50 a total different story.

"So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."--Matt. 13:49,50.

The website says:

Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. (Ezekiel 28:18)

"As wax melts before the fire, so the wicked perish at the presence of God." Psalms 68:2.

"For yet a little while, and the wicked shall be no more." Ps.37:10.

Will the wicked escape like this? Will this be their judgment? Will they turn into ashes and vanish just like that?
faith
faith
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Country : Weeping and gnashing of the teeth: What is the Truth? RedCross-1

Warning : Weeping and gnashing of the teeth: What is the Truth? 110

Back to top Go down

Weeping and gnashing of the teeth: What is the Truth? Empty Re: Weeping and gnashing of the teeth: What is the Truth?

Post  Common Fri 26 Sep 2008, 9:39 pm

The wicked do not burn forever and ever. They turn to ashes. Malachi 4:1-3 is another text of proof.
Common
Common
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Female

Number of posts : 70
Profession : CSP in-training
Hobbies : Learning, Bible Study, Reading; Dancing? ;)
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2008-09-13
Country : Weeping and gnashing of the teeth: What is the Truth? Australia

Back to top Go down

Weeping and gnashing of the teeth: What is the Truth? Empty Re: Weeping and gnashing of the teeth: What is the Truth?

Post  servant Sat 27 Sep 2008, 2:42 pm

-

Last edited by servant on Fri 27 Feb 2009, 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
servant
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 87
Hobbies : Deep Bible Study
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 27 Sep 2008, 4:49 pm

And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts. (Malachi 4:3)

It is a phrase and you should not take it literally. As I belong to this part of the world, our customs are nearly same, even celebration on wedding are nearly same. Even we have same phrases, if you say that a person is no more than dust or you will turn a person to ashes, it is considered really disrespectful and humiliating. Even people would take up arms and kill each other.

The verse also says the same for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet.... This is a humiliating verse for the wicked and nothing more than that. Common you need to understand the customs and traditions of this part of the world before making up your mind and pass on comments. This is misleading others.

"As wax melts before the fire, so the wicked perish at the presence of God." Psalms 68:2.

"For yet a little while, and the wicked shall be no more." Ps.37:10.

Does it say that those who have rejected God and refused to obey commands of God will be no more and there will be no punishment for them? Absolutely not, we need to compare this verse with Mathew 25:32-41

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: (Mathew 25:32-41)

The verse says that everyone will be gathered before Jesus, it means believers and non-believers, He will separate sheep from the goats and then He will command all the evil-doers to be with satan and his angels and suffer everlasting fire.

"For yet a little while, and the wicked shall be no more." Ps.37:10

For a little while they will stand before Jesus and then when Jesus will command them to Hell, they will be no more in the presence of Jesus. This is all what the verse says.

Again this verse talks of same incident that is described in Mathew 25, I don't find it speaking of in an other context.

All those who falsely preach that there is no Hell and all the wicked and non-believers will be no more after death are just trying to justify themselves and misleading others. They would surely say that satan and his angels will burn in everlasting fire. Jesus came to earth to bring us back in to the presence of Heavenly Father, if we are not with Heavenly Father then we are with satan and what is the fate of satan - everlasting fire - and what is the fate of people who follow satan - they will be thrown with him in to everlasting fire.

Gnashing of teeth
If you hear an evil spirit, you would hear these spirits crying in a low deep voice that really depresses you. This low weeping is unbearable and seems as if something bad is coming their way and they are so afraid of it. Gnashing of teeth and agony starts the minute a person dies as a non-believer. You can feel the pain in their crying, the agony of fretting. It is horrible.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Common Sun 28 Sep 2008, 7:19 pm

Daniel, just read my post. I already clarified that. To say that Malachi 4:1-3 is a "phrase" and "not real," then I guess Revelation 20:10 is a "phrase" and "not real" too.
Common
Common
Christian Talk Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 29 Sep 2008, 1:49 am

For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts. (Malachi 4:1-3)

It talks of victory of people who followed, loved and worshiped God over the ones who rejected Him. As I said it is a phrase, for I know the custom and traditions, so it clearly says that ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in that day....

And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes: (Genesis 18:27) Wasn't Abraham a living being when he said he is no more than ashes and dust?

And Tamar put ashes on her head, and rent her garment of divers colors that was on her, and laid her hand on her head, and went on crying. (2 Samuel 13:19) It shows highest grade of shame and distress.

When Mordecai perceived all that was done, Mordecai rent his clothes, and put on sackcloth with ashes, and went out into the midst of the city, and cried with a loud and a bitter cry; (Est 4:11)

Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ash (Job 42:6)

Ashes and dust show distress and shame, and nothing more than that.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.(Rev 20:10)

It talks of a practical thing and is not a phrase as it is obvious from the verse itself.

God bless you and your family
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Common Mon 29 Sep 2008, 2:49 am

Daniel, we ARE dust. God made us out of the dust of the earth. What is so shameful about that.

Now back then it was their custom to show distress and grief by putting up ashes and dust but that does not mean that it is now a universal symbol of distress and grief. It just was for them.
Common
Common
Christian Talk Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 29 Sep 2008, 5:14 pm

Common wrote:Now back then it was their custom to show distress and grief by putting
up ashes and dust but that does not mean that it is now a universal
symbol of distress and grief. It just was for them.

As you say that back then it was their custom, then I believe, the logic says, we have to understand a verse in the same context, and the Bible also tells us the same Do not go beyond what is written (I Corinthians 4:6)

If you want to add and change a verse on your own will to suit your view point then according to the Bible, it is blasphemy. Basically, what you thought of your expert opinion is nothing but just twisting and adding to the words of the God.

One thing more, where did I say that being created from dust is something to be ashamed of? I would request you not to mislead others with your false preaching because:

Let God be true and every man a liar. (Romans 3:4)

God bless you and your family
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  servant Mon 29 Sep 2008, 6:37 pm

Praise God for you Daniel, you speak the truth of God’s Word, for all of those who believe that the human soul does not live forever in Hell forever, they will find out a quite different situation when they get there. Daniel it is sad for so many who deny the truth of the Scriptures and twist them in all different directions and add words to them to suit their own ideas. May God have mercy on those pore souls. Servant
servant
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 87
Hobbies : Deep Bible Study
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down