Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lonely, Despised, Rejected Christmas Present

2 posters

Go down

The Lonely, Despised, Rejected Christmas Present Empty The Lonely, Despised, Rejected Christmas Present

Post  Fenny West Fri 26 Dec 2008, 10:09 pm

The story goes of a family where they had lots of presents under their Christmas tree.
On Christmas day, they gladly opened all the presents, jubilation filed the air as most of the children got what they wanted for Christmas- Mp3, pm4s, laptops, expensive trainers, hand bags and Jewelleries for the mum, expensive perfumes, engagement ring etc etc

Later they had a sumptuous Christmas dinner- roast turkey, and roast potatoes brussel sprouts, Christmas pudding etc,etc.
They played family games, watched television, ate some more drank wine to top it up.

Surprisingly after all the festivities there was a lonely present under the Christmas tree, abandoned, rejected and despised. No one cared to touch it let lone open it.
This present caught my attention and I went to examine it.

Fortunately the giver of the present wrote His name on it. It was a present which was carefully wrapped and it had a present for each member of the family in question. I asked members of the family how come they ignored that present. They smiled and said it is obvious. However, I wondered why and pressed them further; then one of them told me they knew who it was and concluded it would not be good. ‘It is from Jesus and I don’t think He would give us what we like.’ one of them said.
But the word of God says all good and perfect gifts come from above, from the Father of light. God gives His best to us and His gift cannot be compared to any earthly present that will fade and pass away with time.

I opened the present and guess what the present was?- Eternal Life!

Could you believe that people would reject eternal life, but relish mp3, mp4, jewelleries; devour all the turkey for they season and reject a gift that came from the Reason for the season?

My question is: Have you done the same this Christmas?
Have you left a present unopened, knowing that it was from Jesus?

Well, the Good News is that His hand is still outstretched toward you. Will you accept it or keep rejecting or ignoring it?
Come and accept the gift of eternal life- this is a present that surpasses all other presents.

The word of God says set your affection on things above where thieves do not break in and steal; where there will be no decay. What can a man exchange for his soul? What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?
Jesus is the Reason for the season. Come to Him and receive the free gift of life. His present to you is redemption from the curse, freedom from slavery to sin, His Presence, His Light, His life, His Way, His righteousness, His forgiveness, His truth Which is also the life- the God kind of life. So today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your heart. Make Him the Lord of your life. Pass from death from to life.

16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John3:16

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.Isa53:3

And ye have this day rejected your God, who himself saved you out of all your adversities and your tribulations; and ye have said unto him, Nay, but set a king over us. Now therefore present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes, and by your thousands1Sam10:17

And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner: Mark 12:10
10 He came into the very world he created, but the world didn’t recognize him. 11 He came to his own people, and even they rejected him. 12 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. 13 They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.
14 So the Word became human[ and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.John1:10-14
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. Col3:2
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Matt16:26

Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Country : The Lonely, Despised, Rejected Christmas Present RedCross-1

Warning : The Lonely, Despised, Rejected Christmas Present 110

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

The Lonely, Despised, Rejected Christmas Present Empty Re: The Lonely, Despised, Rejected Christmas Present

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 27 Dec 2008, 7:51 am

Thank you for posting such an inspirational story. I agree that we all go for worldly desires and never seek the Kingdom of God.

I met a person very recently sitting in my office, who asked me why I believe in Jesus and I told him that it is because I want to live with Him forever and ever. I told Him I want eternal life and this is all I want.

He asked me if I asked for any worldly thing from Jesus, I said He provides everything for me and He knows what is good for me and what is not. So I get the best from Him yet others just get the desires of their heart without knowing how it will affect their lives and people around them.

God bless you and your family
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Lonely, Despised, Rejected Christmas Present Empty It is a great Pleasure!

Post  Fenny West Sun 28 Dec 2008, 11:43 pm

Thanks for your encouragement, Waqar

It is joy to be a blessing.

Fenny
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

The Lonely, Despised, Rejected Christmas Present Empty Re: The Lonely, Despised, Rejected Christmas Present

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down