Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark of the Beast

+7
stephen
Pastor
servant
annlovesjesus
sunshine
FaithfulSon
walkinginJesus
11 posters

Go down

Mark of the Beast Empty Mark of the Beast

Post  walkinginJesus Sun 04 Jan 2009, 6:24 pm

This is what I believe that he mark of the beast is a combination of letters and symbols that will be physically and permanently placed on your forehead or right hand. Most people will consider it an honor to receive the mark. It will be like a key for them that will open doors of acceptance, prosperity and peace.

The mark of the beast will be placed on people who worship the beast and choose to receive his mark. There will be severe penalties for refusing the mark and great rewards for getting it.

The mark of the beast will be enforced. The people who believe in the beast and worship him will be glad to get his mark.

The beast is not a person or a human organization. The beast is Satan himself. But when Satan comes as the beast he will appear in a glorious body. People will not recognize him as the Devil. He will claim to be God and most people will believe that he is God.

The mark of the beast is an outward, physical symbol, showing that the wearer has chosen to worship the beast and receive him as God.
walkinginJesus
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Mark of the Beast 110

Back to top Go down

Mark of the Beast Empty Re: Mark of the Beast

Post  FaithfulSon Mon 05 Jan 2009, 8:41 am

I do not agree that a chip will used to control human beings by the anti-christ and I also do not agree that no one will be allowed to cross the borders. I think the writer of the article was not able to decipher the Book of Revelation. How can technology be used because there is no such technology. Even VeriChip failed and showed fatty tumors in the rats that were implanted with the chip.

Blessings
FaithfulSon
FaithfulSon
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post  sunshine Mon 05 Jan 2009, 8:43 am

Interesting article and the writer has made some good points. There is technology that is being developed and can and may be used by the anti-Christ.
sunshine
sunshine
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 24
Marital Status : Still Looking

Back to top Go down

Post  annlovesjesus Mon 05 Jan 2009, 8:55 am

In this chapter we will explore the Bible’s prophecies about the Mark of the Beast and its use by the False Prophet will control mankind through a system using the Mark of the Beast, the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

I have only one question, how can False Prophet be Anti-Christ?
annlovesjesus
annlovesjesus
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  servant Mon 05 Jan 2009, 2:11 pm

The False Prophet is
not the Antichrist, it simply enforces the laws of the Antichrist, the below
scripture says it best.

Rev 13:14 Because of the signs
he (
The false Prophet) was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, (Antichrist) so that it could
speak and cause all who refused
to worship the image to be
killed.
He ( false Prophet )also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
servant
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 87
Hobbies : Deep Bible Study
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastor Mon 05 Jan 2009, 5:21 pm

I found this interesting article on Mark of the Beast and I hope that you will enjoy reading it.

According to the scriptures, the "mark of the beast" is received on the right hand or forehead. With modern technology, it is very possible that this mark may be directly linked with a computer chip. But regardless if it is or isn't, everyone who is living immediately before the return of Christ will be forced to take this mark in order to buy or sell anything:

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666" (Rev. 13:16-18).

But this mark, which will be universally issued around the entire world, MUST NOT be received under any circumstances, even by Christians! scripture goes on to say:

"A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: 'If ANYONE worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name. This calls for patient endurance on the part of THE SAINTS who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus'" (Rev. 14:9-12).

As the mark will definitely be issued one day, as scripture declares, the eternal destiny for all who receive that mark will also be in accordance with scripture! Do not be deceived about this. If you are a Christian, you MUST NOT take this mark or you, too, will miss the kingdom of God and suffer eternal torment over this single act of disobedience, according to scripture! If the popular teaching of eternal security (also known as the perseverance of the saints) was true, Rev. 14:9-12 would be an impossibility! So don't be deceived by the teaching of eternal security. You must endure to the end to be saved (Matt. 10:22; Heb. 3:14; Rev. 2:10,11).

The people who make the eternal mistake of receiving the mark and worshiping the beast and/or his image will be deceived by accompanying miraculous signs and wonders:

"But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur" (Rev. 19:20).

"And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed" (Rev 13:13-15).

"The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness" (2 Thess. 2:9-12).

Those who refuse to receive the mark of the beast and worship his image are referred to in the following passage. These are the same ones who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus:

"I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years" (Rev. 20:4-6).

Please notice, the "first resurrection" will not occur until the mark of the beast is made available! The first resurrection is for those who have done good and will rise to live, as opposed to those who have done evil and will rise to be condemned (Jn. 5:29). YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE A PERSONAL DECISION REGARDING THE MARK OF THE BEAST THROUGH A PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE. Regarding "that day" or "our being gathered to him" (2 Thess. 2:1), the Bible says:

"Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction" (2 Thess. 2:3).

Those who remain faithful to the Lord Jesus will refuse this mark, but will be beheaded as a result. This same fate for the God fearing who endure to the end is also mentioned in the following passage with another possibility for "the saints":

Dear reader, if you die in the Lord as a consequence of refusing the mark of the beast, please realize that you will immediately be in the presence of the Lord in "Paradise" (Lk. 23:43).

Regarding physical death for a Christian, Paul wrote:

"We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord" (2 Cor. 5:8).

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far" (Phil. 1:21,23).

REGARDLESS WHAT HAPPENS, DO NOT TAKE THE MARK! There will be many who will accept it at this time. Great pressure will be on you also to conform to their example. Miracles from satanic power will deceive many into taking the mark. YOU MUST REMAIN TRUE TO GOD, EVEN IF YOU GET BEHEADED OR GO INTO CAPTIVITY AS A CONSEQUENCE. YOUR ETERNAL DESTINY HANGS IN THE BALANCE with this single act, if we are the last generation. Pass this vital information on to other people with whom you are acquainted. If we are the last generation, this could be the most important message they will ever learn. It may make the difference in where they will spend all of eternity.

"They overcame him [the devil] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death" (Rev. 12:11). "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matt. 10:28).

Credits: The Mark Of The Beast (666)
Pastor
Pastor
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  stephen Mon 05 Jan 2009, 5:30 pm

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name...and his number is Six hundred & sixty-six. (Rev.13:15-18)

666! The Mark of the Beast! Almost everybody has heard something about this prophecy which says that in the last days no one will be able to buy or sell anything unless they get the "Devil's mark".

Today we are the first generation with the technology available to fulfil such a prophecy of a "cashless" society.

At present, in this supermarket there are a number of ways I can pay for this shopping--I can use cash, or I can write a check, or pay by credit card.

...or another way that is being promoted so much today is using a debit card. When you give your debit card to the cashier the card is run through a scanner which is electronically linked to your bank & the money is immediately taken out of your bank account and placed in the store's account.--All in a split second.

Debit cards have already been introduced in many parts of the world & are extremely popular with stores, banks & customers.

Then there's the "IC Card" or the "Smart Card", which actually has a little computer chip embedded in the card. You've probably read about these electronic marvels that not only give you access to your bank account, but also contains your passport, medical record, driver's license, photographs, welfare eligibility and all kinds of other data. These are already being tested in various parts of the world.

... So you can see we are fast on the way to eliminating cash--and there are many compelling reasons why. Cash is the very mother's milk of drug smugglers, who often deal in cash a suitcase full at a time. With no cash the sale of illegal drugs would cease. CashIn fact to eliminate cash would eliminate almost every kind of criminal activity, from theft to terrorism, and be an instant cure-all for many of the World's most desperate social & economic ills. No wonder governments are pushing towards the cashless society with unrestrained enthusiasm.

However, before cash, cheques & credit cards can be phased out completely, they have to develop an identification system that is absolutely foolproof & will ensure that a person presenting a card for a transaction is actually the owner of that card.

Various foolproof ID systems have already been developed, like this fingerprint reader. However the only problem with these machines is that they are extremely expensive. For a completely cashless society to work, there would have to be one at every little shop & retail outlet where anything is bought & sold.

Whereas these identification terminals cost many thousands of dollars each, the actual micro-chips encased Implanted Chipin the plastic "smart cards" cost only a few dollars each So what if you took the chip out of the card & placed it under the skin?

Once the chip has been implanted it can be read by an inexpensive scanner, much like the one in your local grocery store. So, you now become your own smart card!--And the very expensive problem of making sure that the owner of the card is who he says he is, has been solved.

Today the technology for just such an implant not only exists, but is being tested in pilot programs all over the world. A tiny microchip which can be read by a scanner is inserted into a spot below the animal's skin. "Infopet" in California boast the ability to keep track of 4 billion cats & dogs worldwide. This technology has proven that keeping track of large populations through implants & centralized computer data banks is completely feasible.

So as we can see the technology & the public acceptance to make the Mark of the Beast system work is rapidly falling into place...Already we are Join Together for the Earthconstantly hearing about the "New World Order", or "global community", & these buzz slogans are slowly sinking in as the world heads towards an international financial and political system, a cashless society controlled by a computer gLOBO cOPdata base that covers the entire globe, keeping track of every man, woman & child, where they cross borders & when they buy & sell--exactly like the one predicted in Revelation chapter 13 nearly 2,000 years ago!

"If any man worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture...And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever..." (Revelation 14:9,10)

That may seem like pretty stiff punishment for simply accepting a Mark that allows you to buy groceries. However, this prophecy indicates that receiving the "Mark of the Beast" is not merely an economic decision, but also implies acceptance and worship of the Satan-possessed Anti-Christ, and a pledge of allegiance to his anti-God global regime.

http://www.countdown.org/armageddon/mark_of_beast.htm
stephen
stephen
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post  servant Mon 05 Jan 2009, 9:25 pm

The Technology Of The Mark System

((As discussed in another chapter a new identification system for animals uses a tiny implantable computer chip the size of a grain of rice. It contains a passive electronic coil that activates a computer chip with 45
billion bits of information. They have successfully implanted tens of thousands of these chips in dogs and cats throughout North America. An electronic scanner triggers the chip to reveal the complete medical information together with the identification of the animal and owner. Obviously this system could be modified in the future for human use by implanting the chip beneath the skin of the right hand or forehead of a human. There are many good arguments of introducing such a system. It would provide fail-safe identification in the case of missing children or adults. Instead of people worrying about losing or forgetting their Personal Identification Number ( PIN), the credit card and banding data can be permanently beneath the skin. The government will argue that this system will make our financial system very efficient and improve personal security.))

I for one certainly will not receive any such chip. If it is forced on me and the they tell me if I don't take it I will die, then my time on earth is up. I will gladly die. after all Paul said, To die is gain. Amen
servant
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  lovingdove Mon 05 Jan 2009, 10:23 pm

Actually I do not believe that it is possible but here is what the Internet is shouting about;

The maker of an implantable human ID chip has launched a national campaign to promote the device, offering $50 discounts to the first 100,000 people who register to get embedded with the microchip.

Applied Digital Solutions has coined the tagline "Get Chipped" to market its product, VeriChip.

The rice-size device costs $200. Those implanted must also pay for the doctor's injection fee and a monthly $10 database maintenance charge, said ADS spokesman Matthew Cossolotto.

The VeriChip emits a 125-kilohertz radio frequency signal that transmits its unique ID number to a scanner. The number then accesses a computer database containing the client's file. Customers fill out a form detailing the information they want linked to their chip when they undergo the procedure, Cossolotto said.

Earlier this week, ADS announced that the FDA had ruled that the VeriChip was not a regulated device when used for "security, financial and personal identification/safety applications."

The agency's sudden approval of the microchip came despite an FDA investigator's concern about the potential health effects of the device in humans. (Microchips have been used to track animals for years.)

The company is marketing the device for a variety of security applications, including:

* Controlling access to physical structures, such as government or private sector offices or nuclear power plants. Instead of swiping a smart card, employees could swipe the arm containing the chip.

* Reducing financial fraud. In this scenario, people could use their chip to withdraw money from ATMs; their accounts could not be accessed unless they were physically present.

* Decreasing identity theft. People could use the chip as a password to access their computer at home, for example.

Cossolotto said ADS has gotten "hundreds" of inquiries from people interested in being implanted.

Meanwhile, privacy advocates are wondering about the specter of forced chippings.

"(ID chips) are a form of electronic leashes, a form of digital control," said Marc Rotenberg, executive director of the Electronic Privacy Information Center. "What happens if an employer makes it a condition of employment for a person to be implanted with the chip? It could easily become a condition of release for parolees or a requirement for welfare."

Rotenberg said EPIC has filed a Freedom of Information Request to learn more details about the FDA's sudden approval of VeriChip.

The chip has also alarmed some Christians, who fear it is the biblical "Mark of the Beast"; dozens of websites allude to the Satanic implications of the technology.

The company has consistently tried to allay such fears since the chip debuted in December 2001.

"It's a voluntary device that we think has enormous utility," Cossolotto said. "This is intended for good purposes."

ADS said seven health-care facilities, located in Arizona, Texas, Florida and Virginia, have signed up to distribute the chip, in addition to mobilizing a large bus the company has outfitted as a mobile "chipping station." Would-be customers can also register online.

The company plans to develop a prototype for an implantable GPS ID chip by the end of the year.
lovingdove
lovingdove
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 06 Jan 2009, 9:15 am

Also he compels all [alike], both small and great, both the rich and the poor, both free and slave, to be marked with an inscription [stamped] on their right hands or on their foreheads,

So that no one will have power to buy or sell unless he bears the stamp (mark, inscription), [that is] the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Here is [room for] discernment [a call for the wisdom of interpretation]. Let anyone who has intelligence (penetration and insight enough) calculate the number of the beast, for it is a human number [the number of a certain man]; his number is 666. (Revelation 13:16-18 Amplified Version)

I am sorry but I do not agree who preach about any kind of chip being the mark of the Anti-Christ. Why?

1. The Greek word used is charagma that literally means to carve effect on, or in simple words Tattoo. Online Greek Interlinear Bible NT
  2. Chip cannot be stamped on forehead or hand. It can only be implanted.
  3. A chip cannot be implanted in the forehead or hand as the skin is too thin and weak. A chip can only be implanted in the fleshy part of a body, like behind the bicep or upper part of the leg
  4. The chip preachers forget that it is not personal identification of a person but the name or one of the blasphemous names of the beast that will be tattooed on the forehead or hand.

I give you a modern version of this. If you visit Northern Pakistan, where Taliban is in control, it is necessary to have a beard. You cannot roam freely having a clean shaven face. It is simply not allowed, you cannot live there without a beard, you cannot do any kind of trade without a beard. There are no barber shops and if anyone opens a shop it is blown to pieces.

Islamabad, June 19 (Xinhua) A barber’s shop in Pakistan’s restive north-western region was blown up Thursday by unidentified militants, Geo TV reported. No casualty has so far been reported.

The incident took place in the Atmal Khel area in Bajaur tribal agency.

The report said that a bomb was planted in the barber shop, which was destroyed in the blast.

No group has claimed responsibility for the blast so far, it said.

Taliban elements in the tribal belt have previously said shaving or trimming beards is against Islamic practice and have threatened barbers or those who shave or trim their beards with death. A number of barbers’ shops have been damaged or destroyed by the radical elements.
Xinhua

Taliban has asked tribesmen in Pakistan’s northwestern region to grow beards within two months or else face punishment under the Islamic laws, the News Network International (NNI) news agency reported Monday. Senior Taliban leaders have passed the order during a meeting of tribesmen at a mosque in Bajaur tribal agency, the report said.

The Taliban said anyone who disobeys their instructions would be punished in accordance with the Islamic laws.

Earlier, militant group Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had advised people not to shave beards. It also had set a deadline to follow the orders.

The barbers in Bajaur and other tribal regions were also advised by the Taliban not to shave beards of people.

Some of the barbers have displayed the written orders at their shops. Thaindian News

Peshawar , July 7 (ANI): Following threats from a terrorist group affiliated to the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), the barbers in the Dir district of NWFP have reportedly stopped trimming beards or shaving.

The unidentified activists of the unidentified organisation had pasted pamphlets on the shutters of the barbershops, warning them to halt trimming and shaving beards forthwith or face death.

Written in Urdu, the pamphlets warned that the barbers who would continue to shave beards in defiance of the order would be responsible for the killing of people in their shops as they would be bombed.

Our dear Muslim brothers, God had created us to worship Him, and keep the Sunnah of Rasool Hazrat Muhammad (SAW). Therefore, it is to be said that shaving and trimming of beards is banned not only here, but also everywhere. Anyone failing to act upon this (decree) would be responsible for his own life, read the pamphlets.

Barbers had received threats in the past in Dir, Usherai, Bibyawar, Wari and other towns, but after a short ban the barbers had decided to ignore the threats.

According to The News, for one year there had been a complete mum and no outfit had distributed such threatening letters to barbers or music centres. But, the area has been feeling the presence of militants for the last one month, as girl schools were either set ablaze or bombed in Bibyawar and Wari.

Despite resistance to the threats from militants in the past, the new pamphlets distributed in the areas recently triggered a wave of terror among the poor barbers, already leading a miserable life. The intimidators asked them to abandon shaving off beards if they do not want to be sent to hell. (ANI)

Even if you look at the Taliban controlled Afghanistan, it was mandatory for all men to have beards. You could not simply live without a beard.

The question is why do they have beards, the answer is simple, it is Sunnah. Sunnah means the way of living of Muhammed.

So the conclusion is that the mark has to be visible and not invisible under the skin. Will they put scanners after every foot or so. Plus a chip can be re-programed and can be altered. But a Tattoo cannot be altered and is visible.

Why did God say that the mark of the beast will be on forehead or hand? These are the two places you cannot hide them from anyone.

God bless you all

Last edited by Waqar Daniel on Wed 07 Jan 2009, 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Johntheservant Wed 07 Jan 2009, 9:26 am

I agree with you Daniel that the mark of the beast has to be visible. You cannot have scanners in every nook and corner of the world to monitor who has this implant. Thank you for explaining it.
Johntheservant
Johntheservant
Christian Talk Member

Male

Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Mark of the Beast Empty Re: What is the Mark of the Beast

Post  Terry L Brown Wed 14 Jan 2009, 11:03 pm

The mark of the beast has been the subject of speculation and sensationalism for 2000 years. But what is it? I have studied Revelation for years and taught a year-long adult Sunday school on it. I wrote an article entitled "The Mark of the Beast" that can be accessed at www.whispersofthespirit.com/themarkofthebeast.aspx.
I don't believe the mark of the beast is necessarily a physical mark on the forehead or hand. I believe it is much deeper than that. Remember, Revelation is prophetic and much of it is not to be literally interpreted. The fact that the number of the Beast is 666 is significant in that 6 is the number for sin, Satan, and man. It is also significant that there are three 6's because man is spirit, soul, and body. It is my belief that each 6 finds an expression within the spirit first, then the soul, and finally the body. This is more fully explained in my article. You can also send me an email with your feedback if you wish.
Blessings in Christ,
Terry L. Brown
Terry L Brown
Christian Talk Moderators

Male

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-02-10

http://www.whispersofthespirit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Johntheservant Thu 15 Jan 2009, 6:29 am

Nice information you have given on your website but I have a question. In these days, many live, although they do not have a mark of the beast but they do follow the beast. So if it is only spiritual mark then why did John say that they will have a mark of the beast and will not be allowed to sell or buy anything? Plus it is not 6, 6, 6, it is 600 + 60 + 6 and it makes 666. Blessings in Jesus
Johntheservant
Johntheservant
Christian Talk Member

Male

Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Mark of the Beast Empty Re: What is the mark of the beast

Post  Terry L Brown Thu 15 Jan 2009, 6:56 pm

Johntheservant:
You correctly stated that many today do not have the mark of the beast, but follow the mark of the beast. That actually re-enforces my belief that the mark of the beast does not necessarily have to be a physical mark on the body. A person's words and actions reveal what is within his spirit (Luke 6:45). Further, Christians have the mark of God. "And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee" (2 Cor 1:21-22 ESV). Christians are "marked" by the Holy Spirit when they accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. This "marking" begins within the man's spirit as he is brought back into a living relationship with the Father which was lost at the Fall. The result of this relationship as the Holy Spirit sits enthroned upon man's spirit is the transformation of the soul (which consists of the mind, will, intellect, and emtions) so that his outward life reflects more by more the life of Christ. "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect" (Rom 12:2 NASU). All of this takes place without a physical mark upon the body. Of course, one can place a mark upon his body (or wear a "Jesus" ring, or cross necklace, etc.), but the outward "marks" we see certainly do not guarantee a person is a Christian.
The Apostle Paul confirmed this line of reasoning when he spoke to the Jews about circumcision. "For no one is a Jew who is merely one outwardly, nor is circumcision outward and physical. But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God" (Rom 2:28-29 ESV). Notice it was not the mark of circumcision upon the body that was of primary importance, but the mark upon the spirit. Thus, I believe that while many are diligently looking for a physical "mark of the beast" in order to avoid it are already being marked by the beastial spirit that surrounds us. This is why some who call themselves "Christian" (in effect physically marking themselves as belonging to God) are actually false believers having denied Jesus. "They profess to know God, but by their deeds theydeny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed" (Titus 1:16 NASU). We most clearly see this today as "Christians" embrace that teaching that homosexuality is not a sin.
Thus, there may be a physical mark in our future to identify the followers of the Beast from the followeres of the Lord. But if one of the primary purposes of the mark of the beast is to keep Christians from buying or selling anything a physical mark is not necessary. All that needs to be done to confirm one's allegiance is to ask a simple question: "Are you a Christian". Our response to that question reveal which mark we bear, either the mark of the beast or the mark of God.
You also pointed out that the number is 600+60+6, not 6,6,6. Granted. But what is 60 but 6 x 10 which is simply an intensification of 6 and 600 an even greater intensification of 6 (6 being the number of sin, Satan, and fallen man)? What I mean is this. I believe the greatest threat to mankind is the satanic "marking" of his spirit because "an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24 NASU) Thus, the primary target Satan would aim at to "mark" would be the spirit and this is where the most intense fighting would take place. Is it? Yes. "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places" (Eph 6:12 NASU). Thus, in a sense the spirit is marked with 600. The soul (our mind, will, intellect, emotions) will take on the characteristics of the spirit as the mind is transformed either into the likeness of Christ or the likeness of the beast. That is it will resemble the spirit, but resemblance being 60 (again, so to speak) because the spirit has been marked with 600. Similarly, the body, the outward manifestation of the spirit and soul within man, will bear their resemblance, but it is a faint resemblance.
Please understand what I am saying. I am not saying the mark of the beast can't or even won't be a physical mark. But I am saying having a physical mark is not necessary for John's words to be true. I believe the emphasis put on trying to discern what this mark is on a physical level is blinding some to the reality of what you astutely pointed out: "In these days, many live, although they do not have a mark of the beast but they do follow the beast." Exactly right. In truth they bear the mark of the beast. It just takes spiritual eyes to discern that.
Blessings in Christ,
Terry
Terry L Brown
Christian Talk Moderators

Male

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-02-10

http://www.whispersofthespirit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 16 Jan 2009, 8:00 am

Thank you Terry for such a detailed and thorough study on Revelation 13 and I enjoyed your replies plus your in-depth study at your website.

Terry L. Brown wrote:But I am saying having a physical mark is not necessary for John's words to be true. I believe the emphasis put on trying to discern what this mark is on a physical level is blinding some to the reality of what you astutely pointed out: "In these days, many live, although they do not have a mark of the beast but they do follow the beast." Exactly right. In truth they bear the mark of the beast. It just takes spiritual eyes to discern that.

I agree what you and Johntheservant have stated that, many carry mark of the beast and I do understand the marking of the spirit. However, at the same time, I do not agree that Mark of the Beast is symbolic. If we agree on this that Mark of the Beast is symbolic then reaction to the Mark of the Beast will also become symbolic and it is Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Actually Paul never preached something that was other than what was said in the Old Testament. The Scenario was that Jew Christians were putting hindrances before others who were converting to Jesus. They wanted them to be circumcised first and Paul only quoted the Old Testament.

"The days are coming," declares the LORD when I will punish all who are circumcised only in flesh...even the whole house of Israel is uncircumcised in heart. (Jeremiah 9:25)

So to end this, we as Christians who have accepted Jesus as our LORD and Savior must avoid Mark of the Beast on our hearts and bodies to stand justified through Jesus Christ before Heavenly Father. Whether some of us believe that Mark of the Beast is symbolic or physical it must be an abomination to us as believers for we are offspring of God and we must think like Him too.

God bless you all
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastor Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:00 pm

I agree that many are stained by spiritual mark of the beast and many will be stained and polluted by physical mark of the beast. Below is a stunning story from Russia,

September 20, 2008 | 01:51:20

SATANIC worshippers in Russia butchered four teenagers in a devilish ritual - stabbing them 666 times each and eating them.

The discovery in Yaroslavl, 480km from Moscow, has sent a shudder across Russia - where Satanists are feared to have committed a string of mutilations and killings.

The remains of a 16-year-old boy and three girls aged 16 and 17 were discovered in a pit near the home of the alleged ringleader in the Yaroslavl region, reports said. The remains of a rat tied to an upturned cross marked the spot where they had been executed.

The teenagers had their genitals mutilated and were cooked on a bonfire before being eaten, agency reports said.

Eight persons have been arrested over the slayings.

The eight suspected killers told police that they had stabbed their victims 666 times, in line with Satanic ritual. They then cooked parts of their flesh over a bonfire to eat. Investigators found tufts of hair from the teenagers, in the ashes of the fire.

Police believed the teenagers, who were all friends, were lured to a cottage and encouraged to get drunk before they were slain.

The victims, who disappeared in June, were named as Anya Gorokhova, Olga Pukhova, Varya Kuzmina and Andrei Sorokin.

Police began tracing the gang after finding out all the victims had made phone calls to alleged cult leader Nikolai Ogolobyak. Police said Ogolobyak is a former church choirboy who called himself The Count.

The rest of the cult were described by former teachers as being of low intelligence and moody.

Three of the eight person were named by police as Ksenia Kuznetsova, Alexander Voronov and Anton Makovkin.

Anton Makovkin is said to have claimed that Satan would help him to escape responsibility because he had made ‘many sacrifices to him’.

Another gang member, Alexander Voronov, told police in a statement that they had visited a cemetery in 2006 and dug up a fresh grave to eat the heart of a girl buried there.

What does the Bible say about 666?

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Rev. 13:16-18 KJV)

Many have been deceived by satan, are being deceived and will be deceived in the future till the return of Jesus Christ. Satan makes people believe that nothing will happen and this is the root cause of sin.

Source: The Christian Messenger
Pastor
Pastor
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post  servant Fri 16 Jan 2009, 3:32 pm

Abut your Satanist story in Russia, the people who did this should and probably will die from disease for doing such things, like eating the heart of a dead girl who has already been buried. They do it thinking they will receive a lot of power from Satan. The only thing they will get is a disease and die as they should for doing such things.
servant
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content