Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God did not create evil

2 posters

Go down

God did not create evil Empty God did not create evil

Post  I Love Jesus Wed 21 Jan 2009, 6:39 am

"At a certain college, there was a professor with a reputation for being tough on Christians. At the first class every semester, he asked if anyone was a Christian and proceeded to degrade and make fun of their belief. One semester, he asked the question and young man raised his hand when asked if anyone was a Christian. The professor asked "Did God make everything, young man?" "Yes he did sir," the young man replied. The professor responded, "If God made everything, then God made evil, and if we can only create from within ourselves, then God is evil." The student didn't have a response and the professor was happy to have once again proved the Christian faith to be a myth. Then another man raised his hand and asked "May I ask you something, sir?" "Yes you may," responded the professor. The young man stood up and said, "Sir is there such thing as cold?" "Of course there is, what kind of a question is that? Haven't you ever been cold?" The young man replied, "Actually, sir, cold does not exist. What we consider to be cold is really only the absence of heat. Absolute zero is when there is absolutely no heat, but cold does not really exist. We have only created that term to describe how we feel when heat is not there." The young man continued, "Sir is there such thing as dark?" Once again, professor responded, "Of course there is." And once again, the student replied, "Actually sir, darkness does not exist." "Darkness is really only the absence of light. Darkness is only a term man developed to describe what happens when there is no light present." Finally, the young man asked, "Sir, is there such thing as evil?" The professor responded, "Of course, we have rapes, and murders and violence everywhere in the world, those things are evil." The student replied, "Actually, sir, "Evil is not a substance but a corruption of the good substance that God made. Evil is like rust to a car or root to a tree. It is a lack in good things, but it is not a thing in itself. Evil is like a wound in an arm or moth-holes in a garment. It exists only in another but not in itself. God did not create evil. It isn't like truth, or love, which exist as virtues like heat and light. Evil is simply the state where Good is not present, like cold without heat or darkness without light." The professor had nothing to say.
I Love Jesus
I Love Jesus
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Warning : God did not create evil 110

Back to top Go down

God did not create evil Empty Re: God did not create evil

Post  Waqar Daniel Wed 21 Jan 2009, 11:39 am

For I will give you [color=red]words[/colors] and [color=red]wisdom[/colors] that none of your adversaries will be able to resist and contradict (Luke 21:15-16)

Thank you for posting this story and as I read it, it reminded me the verse in Luke. God is always faithful to His promises.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : God did not create evil 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com