Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer for a Sick Friend

Go down

Prayer for a Sick Friend Empty Prayer for a Sick Friend

Post  AngelicSmile Thu 09 Apr 2009, 5:30 pm

Prayer for a Sick Friend
Bible Verse and Prayer for a Sick Friend or Family Member

By Mary Fairchild, About.com

Is your heart heavy over a sick friend or family member? Do you wish there were something you could do to help? You can take your friend or family member to the Lord in prayer. Here is a Bible verse and a prayer to help you ask God for healing.

"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:15-16 (NIV)

“And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.” James 5:15-16 (NLT)

Prayer
Dear Lord,
You know my friend/family member so much better than I do. You know his/her sickness and the burden he carries. You also know his heart. Lord, I ask you to be with my friend now, working in his life. Let your will be done in my friend's life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, Lord, please help him to see his need and confess. Lord, I pray for my friend because your Word says I should pray for his healing. I believe you hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you to heal my friend, but I also trust in the plan you have for his life. Lord, I don't always understand your ways, and why my friend has to suffer, but I trust you. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward my friend. Nourish his spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort him with your presence. Let my friend know you are there with him through this difficulty. And may you be glorified in his life and also in mine, in Jesus name. Amen

AngelicSmile
AngelicSmile
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Prayer for a Sick Friend 110

Back to top Go down