Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triumphing Over Temptation (1)

Go down

Triumphing Over Temptation (1) Empty Triumphing Over Temptation (1)

Post  Fenny West Thu 14 May 2009, 11:14 am

[i]The Temptation of Jesus

1Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. 2After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."

4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'["

5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'["

7Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"

8Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

10Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"

11Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Part 1

Know that temptation will come
But also know, YOU Can Overcome,

Because in you is the Greater One-

The Spirit of the living God, the Son.

Without a doubt, just like Jesus was tempted of the devil, we too will be tempted of the devil and when this happens rejoice, because you are following in the footsteps of your Master, Jesus. The Word is being made flesh in you. Jesus Himself said, 'In the world you will have tribulation but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. '

Whatever temptation God allows into your life, know that it is not unusual. You can overcome it- not by your strength but by His Holy Spirit. He is the Greater One in you, Who pulls you over, shows you the enemy’s ploys and strategies and snares and counsels you on how to navigate your way through them.

So yield to the Holy Spirit and He will guide you, strengthen you, comfort you, teach you the ropes that will enable you overcome. He will show you the way of escape that God has put in the vicinity of temptation for you.

Let us pray:

Father, I thank you that You promised not to leave me nor forsake me until the end of the age. The temptations that come my way are not unusual but common to man and You will make a way of escape for me. You will, by Your Spirit, show me how to overcome.

I yield my whole being to You- my spirit soul and body. Lord, open the eyes of my spiritual understanding to know what to do when I am tempted. Help me, Lord, not to fall to temptation but stand strong to see your salvation and emerge stronger at the end of every temptation, like Jesus.

Help me, Lord, to come out of temptation in the power of the Spirit like my Saviour, in Jesus Name.
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Warning : Triumphing Over Temptation (1) 110

http://inspiration4generations.com