Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revelation 4-5

2 posters

Go down

Revelation 4-5 Empty Re: Revelation 4-5

Post  Pastor Sun 17 May 2009, 7:43 am

Charles wrote:Sin – This is the reason why the world as we know it is so very different from the ‘very good’ world that was created by God.
So true that God created a beautiful and perfect world but the sin polluted it.

I liked the explanation you gave on there's an open door. This shows the merciful nature of God and His love for us to be saved. These are just not words but we also see it in action when Jesus was crucified on the cross with two thieves. One of the thieves believed on Jesus and went through the open door and the other closed the door on him all by himself. Mercy of God was for both the thieves but only one availed the opportunity.

We must also avail this opportunity till the door is wide open in mercy of God. Although the Book of Revelation is difficult to understand but reading your commentaries on the Book of Revelation has given me an insight on how to approach the Book. I must say that God has blessed you with great understanding of preaching His word in simplicity. God bless you.

Pastor
Pastor
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 99
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Warning : Revelation 4-5 110

Back to top Go down

Revelation 4-5 Empty Re: Revelation 4-5

Post  annlovesjesus Sun 17 May 2009, 7:58 am

Charles, you always post faith-inspiring commentaries and make it so easy for all of us to understand the real meaning of the passages of the scripture. I would also like to share what I believe on door open wide and please correct me as I am still learning exploring the Word of God.

Door open wide
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but [only] he who does the will of My Father in heaven. (Mat 7:21)
Jesus never said one could be saved if one says the sinners' prayer, or be baptised with water, or eat bread and drink grape juice; this is just heathenish ritual, the wide and broad way that leads to destruction. The deficit sects of Christendom have totally lost the narrow, true way that few will find; there is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death. Proverbs 14:12,16:25,21:2.

Jesus clearly tells us the only way: only he who does the will of the Father shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Mat 7:21.

Every time we repeat the Lord's Prayer, praying to the Father, "thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven," we ignorantly proceed to do our own wills, hoping we are somehow pleasing to the Father. But what does doing someone else's will really mean?

I feel sad when I look around people just saying sinner's payer and then go back to doing what they will. We totally forget that to enter the door we must obey Father - actions are needed and not just words.

God bless you for preaching the Kingdom of God with the understanding God has given you. May He bless you abundantly and without any measures.[/justify]
annlovesjesus
annlovesjesus
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Warning : Revelation 4-5 110

Back to top Go down