Bible Study-Paul's Testimony

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bible Study-Paul's Testimony

Post  Fenny West on Sat 25 Jul 2009, 1:19 pm

Modus operandi: How to go about it to get best results:
  • Pray, praise, acknowledge, sing, worship in expectation of revelation knowledge
  • Read
  • Meditate
  • Answer questions; exercise your mind-draw out questions, concerns and other insights from the Holy Spirit.
  • Apply the truths to your life. What to do…
  • Recap
  • Pray praise thank God for His faithfulness and goodness and presence

Paul’ Testimony

2 “While thus occupied, as I journeyed to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, 13 at midday, O king, along the road I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who journeyed with me. 14 And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 15 So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

Paul’s Post-Conversion Life
19 “Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, 20 but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. 21 For these reasons the Jews seized me in the temple and tried to kill me . 22 Therefore, having obtained help from God, to this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great, saying no other things than those which the prophets and Moses said would come— 23 that the Christ would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead, and would proclaim light to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.” Acts 26:12-23

Bible Study

Lessons
Try and find answers to these questions yourself before you read what I have written below:

1. What is your testimony? How did you come to know Christ as your Lord and Saviour?
  2. Can God use your testimony to touch others?
  3. Why is our testimony important?
  4. What are the 3 elements should our testimony about coming to Christ the first time have?
  5. Why must we be bold when sharing our testimony? Who gives us boldness? Can we pray for boldness?
  6. Is divine encounter only reserved for special people?
  7. What are the benefits or results of divine encounter? Can you give examples from the Bible?
  8. What is persecution?
  9. Can any good thing come from persecution?
  10. What are these good things if any?
  11. Can God’s hand be in persecution?
  12. How do I know that God has a plan for me too?
  13. What should my attitude be towards God’s plan for my life?
  14. What is my part in God’s plan for my life?
  15. What happens if don’t cooperate with God in His plan for my life?
  16. What is the key message of the gospel that we must retain?
  17. How important is obedience to the fulfilment of our vision?
  18. How does this passage apply to me today?

Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Warning :

View user profile http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bible Study-Paul's Testimony

Post  Waqar Daniel on Mon 27 Jul 2009, 7:22 pm

Dear Fenny

This is a very nice Bible Study you have started. This is not only informative yet very simple to understand.

God bless you

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LORD Jesus Christ. (Philemon 1:3)

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning :

View user profile http://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastor on Mon 27 Jul 2009, 11:35 pm

Thank you brother Fenny for this study and I hope that we will see more Bible studies. Be blessed in Jesus. AMEN

Pastor
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 99
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:22 pm