Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fear Not

Go down

Fear Not Empty Fear Not

Post  Fenny West Tue 15 Sep 2009, 3:42 pm

He shall not be afraid of evil tidings."-Psalm 112:7

The righteous will, the redeemed, blood-bought, blood-covered, blood-kept shall not be afraid of evil tidings, evil news. Why? God is their refuge and their strength, there ever present help in trouble. If God be for them who can be against them. Nothing will happen to them unless the Lord has permitted it. And He ill not permit what they cannot handle.

What are the types of evil news we can receive?

Supplies are running out. Go to Him and whatever He says doo it. He is the Good Shepherd who will provide for His sheep. David said, ‘I was young but now I am old , yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken nor His seed begging for bread. 'My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Young lion may suffer hunger.. but those who fear the Lord shall not lack any good thing.'

Another type of news is an imminent attack by your enemies. Jehosephat faced this type of situation and he was wise to seek God’s face and taking the whole nation with him. They prayed and God comforted them and gave them secret to overcoming your enemies when they come like a flood. Certainly you need not be afraid because the Spirit of the Lord will raise a standard against them. Seek God’s face and God will give you a strategy which will give you boldness in times of such a threat. The battle is not yours but God’s. There are more with you than are against you.

Threat of death
Your enemies may even threaten you with death. David said, 'yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For You are with me Your rod and your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me the presence of my enemies. Be not afraid of those who can kill only the body.. Fear only He who can kill both the body and the soul. Your life is hidden in Christ in God. No foe can kill you before your time. He who dwells in the secret place of the Most high will abide under the shadow of the Almighty. The Lord is your Refuge and your fortress. Be not afraid of the terror by night nor the arrow that flies by day nor the destruction that wastes at noonday nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand but the evil will not come near your dwelling. Only with your eyes will you see the punishment of the wicked. You will not die but live to declare the works of the Lord.

News of failure
We all fail from time to time because we are human and work-in progress in God’s hands. Those who do not want to fail will not accomplish anything. The disciples who remained in the boat never walked on water. Peter ventured out and walked on water. So if you fail let failure be your teacher and not your grave. Rise up and try again. Pray for wisdom as to how to approach your endeavour this time round. Charles Kettering invented the all-electric starting, ignition, and lighting system for automobiles. He failed 999 times before he succeeded. When asked what kept him going after so many failures he replied ‘ I did not fail but I discovered 999 ways of how not to do it. Let your failures spur you on to success. Your failure could be in academics, business etc "You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and seen the end intended by the Lord." Mountains only seem so high from the valley. The road to success runs uphill; don't expect to break any speed records. The thing to try when all else fails is - begin again! Bob Gas
"Courage is a special kind of knowledge; the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared, Ben Gurion, observed.
"Fear not, for I am with you." Isaiah 41:10 NKJV
“All failures are based on incorrect assumptions!”
“The more you can visualise your goal, the better the chance you have of achieving
it !”
“Doing nothing solves nothing!”
“Do the things that you fear and the death of fear will be near!”
“Persistence is your measure of belief in yourself!”
“You can’t do more than you think you can!”
”The greatest mistake a person can make is to be afraid of making one!”
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091