Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untamed Tongue

Go down

Untamed Tongue Empty Untamed Tongue

Post  fennywest Tue 01 Dec 2009, 7:00 pm

[sup]20 Without wood a fire goes out;
without gossip a quarrel dies down.

21 As charcoal to embers and as wood to fire,
so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife.
22 The words of a gossip are like choice morsels;
they go down to a man's inmost parts.
23 Like a coating of glaze [a] over earthenware
are fervent lips with an evil heart.
24 A malicious man disguises himself with his lips,
but in his heart he harbors deceit.
25 Though his speech is charming, do not believe him,
for seven abominations fill his heart.
26 His malice may be concealed by deception,
but his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.
27 If a man digs a pit, he will fall into it;
if a man rolls a stone, it will roll back on him.
28 A lying tongue hates those it hurts,
and a flattering mouth works ruin.
[/sup]Prov. 26:20-28

Untamed tongue is an uncontrolled animal, unruly- a rudderless ship, raging bull. It is a tongue let loose- a wrong tongue that wrongs people.

It is a tale bearer and is fickle, separating friends, sowing seeds of discord, deceives as appearing peaceful, loving but harbouring seven abominations. It tears apart, oozes lies, adds wood to gossip; bites like a serpent whilst looking innocent. It has sinister ploy: to deal deadly wounds.

It indulge in whispering that is damaging, fanning the embers of the flames of bitterness, hurt and misunderstanding, .It rejoice when relationships are boiling and sizzling with venom.

Untamed tongue digs a hole not knowing it will fall into it.

It throws stones whilst living in a glass house .It shoots arrows that will bring its sorrow and downfall. The arrow it shoots unbeknown to it, is a boomerang that will return to hunt it. It is a raging fire that reduces magnificent edifices to rubbles in minutes.

This tongue must be avoided like a plague. It is deceitful, untruthful and not useful. They are totally mean, belonging to bin, sewer and gutter. It is foul, like junk, like a serpent that bites to maim disable or kill. It creates gulfs and gaps between friends. It happiest when doing mischief; digging its own grave into which it will fall Adorned with a cloak of beauty- silver and gold, it fuels flames of strife and envy.

Cease from using your lips to wrong. Stop putting fuel of hatred and strife. Don’t be a wood to the fire of gossip and separation of friends; feeding flames, fuelling fires.

Prov26:20-28

Pray: Lord, put a watch on my lips; mount guard over my mouth. May the words of my mouth be seasoned with salt; edifying (building up), glorifying, giving praise, honour and glory to You. Lord, control my thinking and my speaking. Lead me by your Holy Spirit. May my words communicate grace to those who hear. Fill my mouth with Your words of healing, forgiveness, inspiration, forbearance, comfort, compassion and joy. May my words be a healing stream, counselling Your mind and not inspiring and cancelling with vendetta and malice. May my mind be a garden of love… Help me, Lord, to speak the truth in love, powered, propelled by the Holy Spirit, having a pure heart and motive of godliness, loving kindness, in Jesus name.

[b]

Talebearers Separate Friends

Talebearers Separate Friends

Fan ablaze the flames of hatred,

Sow the seeds of discord without end.

They thrive in stirring strife.

Tale-bearers are catalyst fir destruction

Messenger of principalities and powers

They build walls of contention

Rake like big machines that move lots of dirt

They carry coals of conflict,

Keep relational strife, simmering

Carnage rage and damage, inflict

Rejoicing as they steal peace, kill joy.

fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Untamed Tongue 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down