Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Promise

2 posters

Go down

I Promise Empty I Promise

Post  WARRIOR Mon 13 Sep 2010, 7:42 pm

I never said you
Would never have sorrow
I never promised
An easy life on earth
I know the hearts of men
They are slaves to
Their baser selves
I know your struggles
Of flesh verses the spirit
I promised that in me
You are more than a conqueror
I promised I’d give
You the comforter
I promised I would
Walk with you through
The trials set before you
I promised I would
Never leave nor forsake you
Take this word of mine
And stand on it
Go forth with faith and hope
That my love will conquer all
Make me your King
And I promise you the victory
WARRIOR
WARRIOR
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 931
Profession : Administrative Cust Svc
Hobbies : Quilting , ride bicycle, hiking, writing.
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Warning : I Promise 110

http://anne-thewindwhispers.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

Back to top Go down

I Promise Empty Re: I Promise

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 14 Sep 2010, 4:49 pm

So wonderful that your poem reminded me of some verses from Bible

1. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all; (Psalms 34:18-19 NIV)
  2. It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. (Psalms 119:71 NIV)
  3. strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said. (Acts 14:22 NIV)
  4. Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. (Romans 5:1-5 NIV)
  5. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NIV)
  6. Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. (James 5:10-11 NIV)
God Bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : I Promise 110