Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems can Prod to the Promised Land

2 posters

Go down

Problems can Prod to the Promised Land Empty Problems can Prod to the Promised Land

Post  fennywest Sat 09 Oct 2010, 12:54 am

Problems can prod
To the Promised Land
propel, point to possibility
Paving the way to progress
Producing productivity-
Much positive activity
Preparing You for posterity
Placing You for promotion
Positioning You for plundering
Planting an invention
and Engineering you for ingenuity
Pitching You for rare solutions.
Opposition can prize out
The best in YOU,
Push you into destiny
Bring you out of confinement
Remove the veil beclouding you
Bring you into your summer-
brightness of your shining.
Mountains can be springboards
Lifts, conveyor belts
Predicaments can prod
You to promotion
And elevation,
Increase altitude
Increase your playing field.

Mountains can be springboards
Lifts, conveyor belts
To higher plane;
Catalysts to breakthroughs
As you face them head-on
And partner with God
Going in grace
Growing in grace
Glowing with grace
Seeking His face
On your Race of Grace.

Therefore, press in spite of the problems
Press-in like the woman with the issue
Refuse to take anything but His best
Press to be the best, beating the rest
Refuse to rest in the face of the test
Let the issues come like a pest
Reach out to God for Zest.
Set your Sail for the crest
There is fruit- goodies -in your nest
Let the blood cry out on your behest
You shall be the first and not the last
The head and not the tail.
Lift your wings and sail
You too will assail
See the wind , set your sail.
Lift your wings and soar-
Take new coat
Jesus is in your boat
Soar like an eagle,
Above the hurdle,
Amidst the struggle.
All things are possible
Even in the face
of this debacle.
There shall be a miracle
To those who do not
throw in the towel
but harness
the problem, pray
and fast rather than feast.

Be importunate
Be like the woman
before the unjust judge
be persistent
if she received
the answer
will you not
as the redeemed
receive from a Just Judge?

be like Jacob
as he wrestled with God.
And the cheat
The schemer
The con man
The wheeler and dealer
Was transformed
Into a prince with God
Be like blind Bartimaeus
Who refused to be silenced
As his miracle was passing by
Cry out louder like he did
Throw aside every dignity
The kingdom of God suffers violence
But the violent takes it by force
Opposition and persecution
Brought propagation
And promotion to the disciples
Are you not one of them?
Refused to be silenced
Refuse to be quenched
Let your light shine
Let the fire recharge you
Reignite you
Detonate you
launch you
introduce you;.
Work for you.
If God be for you
who can be against you?
God works everything
together for those
who love him
and who are called
according to His purposes.
Nay in all these things
we are more than conquerors.
I can do all things
through Christ who strengthens me
Greater is He that is in me
than he that is in the world
Whoever is born of God
overcomes the world
and this is the victory
that over comes the world
even our faith.

Mordecai’s opposition
brought promotion
Daniels’ opposition
brought promotion
Isaac’s opposition
Brought breakthroughs.
When they block your well
Go ahead and dig again.

Keep your dream alive!
Press on for the mark
Of the high calling in Christ,
even when your dream is opposed.
Saint of God, dream again, like Joseph
keep making things happen for others,
and God will make things happen for you
God will not forget you
He remembered Noah
He will remember you.
He remembered Hannah
He will remember you.
He remembered Abraham
He will remember you.
He remembered Joseph
He will remember you.
He remembered Rachel
He will remember you.
He remembered Sarah
He will remember you

45For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
Blind Bartimaeus Receives His Sight
46And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging.
47And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.
48And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou son of David, have mercy on me.
49And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee.
50And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus.
51And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.
52And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.
Mark10:46-52
Mordecai’s opposition
brought promotion
Daniels’ opposition
brought promotion
Isaac’s opposition
Brought breakthroughs
When they block your well
Go ahead and dig again

1And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
2And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
3Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; And Isaac dwelt in Gerar:
12Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.
13And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
14For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
15For all the wells which his father's servants had digged in the days of Abraham his father, the Philistines had stopped them, and filled them with earth.
16And Abimelech said unto Isaac, Go from us; for thou art much mightier than we.
17And Isaac departed thence, and pitched his tent in the valley of Gerar, and dwelt there.
18And Isaac digged again the wells of water, which they had digged in the days of Abraham his father; for the Philistines had stopped them after the death of Abraham: and he called their names after the names by which his father had called them.
19And Isaac's servants digged in the valley, and found there a well of springing water.
20And the herdmen of Gerar did strive with Isaac's herdmen, saying, The water is ours: and he called the name of the well Esek; because they strove with him.
21And they digged another well, and strove for that also: and he called the name of it Sitnah.
22And he removed from thence, and digged another well; and for that they strove not: and he called the name of it Rehoboth; and he said, For now the LORD hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land

Gen 26
1And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.
2And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.
3As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
4Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
Acts8:1-4
1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
2And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
3And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
8And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
9And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
Acts9:1-9
And when his brethren saw that their father loved him more than all his brethren, they hated him, and could not speak peaceably unto him.
5And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more.
6And he said unto them, Hear, I pray you, this dream which I have dreamed:
7For, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and, lo, my sheaf arose, and also stood upright; and, behold, your sheaves stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheaf.
8And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words.
9And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
10And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?
Gen37:4-10
Genesis 32:27-29 (King James Version)
27And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
Gen32:27-29

1And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
2Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
3And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
4And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
5Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
6And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Luke 18:1-9
19And Jesus arose, and followed him, and so did his disciples.
20And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
21For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.
22But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.
Matt9:19-22
Acts 4
1And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,
2Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.
3And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day: for it was now eventide.
4Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand.
5And it came to pass on the morrow, that their rulers, and elders, and scribes,
6And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem.
7And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?
8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,
9If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;
10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
13Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
14And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.
15But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves,
16Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it.
17But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.
18And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
19But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
20For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
Acts4:1-20
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Problems can Prod to the Promised Land 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Problems can Prod to the Promised Land Empty Re: Problems can Prod to the Promised Land

Post  WARRIOR Thu 14 Oct 2010, 8:21 pm

Fenny, this is really more like a sermon, to encourage
the saints to press in, to have faith that God will remember
us as we go through all that we will go through for the kingdom.
Very inspiring write! Truly beautiful!!! Thank you for posting this.
It is something that one can read and reread yet again when needed.
Blessings. ~ Warrior flower
WARRIOR
WARRIOR
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 931
Profession : Administrative Cust Svc
Hobbies : Quilting , ride bicycle, hiking, writing.
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Warning : Problems can Prod to the Promised Land 110

http://anne-thewindwhispers.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

Back to top Go down