Recipe for Success is (abridged):
1. First of all to know God intimately;
2. Hear what He is saying to you;
3. Mediate on what you have heard;
4. Do not only see but observe what you see. Know why He does what He does. Know His ways and not just His acts. Moses knew His ways whilst the Israelites only knew His acts. And there is a world of difference. This was why Moses was able to handover to Joshua after he had been told he would only see the Promised Land and not enter. He did not throw a temper tantrum. He counselled the Israelites as to how they were to behave even in his absence. He prepared Joshua to take over. He was completely yielded to the will and sovereignty of God like Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane,’ ‘ not my will but your will be done.’
5. Do all that He has asked you to do Whole-heartedly, unflinchingly, regardless of the opposition you face. God expects you to mediate on His word and speak His word and His mind in the face of contrary evidence that you see. He wants you to take sides with Him and not with the 10 spies who brought an evil report because of the giants they saw., causing the whole assembly to wail and sin against God. God wants us to be like Joshua and Caleb who had a different spirit, believed their God was more than able, to do exceeding abundantly more than they could ask or even dream of.
6. Being bold and strong in Him and in His mighty power, knowing that He will never leave you nor forsake you until the end of the age;
7. Making His glory your goal and not the gold, the girls or the glory of man;.
8. Not just beginning well but also finishing well and passing the baton to the next generation or your successor. Moses had a successor; Jesus had the apostles and his disciples and so should we.
Simply put, success is finding the will of God for your life and fulfilling it.
Joshua 1:1-9 (New King James Version)
God’s Commission to Joshua
1 After the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, it came to pass that the LORD spoke to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, saying: 2 “Moses My servant is dead. Now therefore, arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, to the land which I am giving to them—the children of Israel. 3 Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. 4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the River Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your territory. 5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Christian Talk Moderators
- Mood :
Number of posts : 1725
Age : 63
Location : uk
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19
Points : 15945
Reputation : 78
Our "having the victory" (success) and being "more than conquerors" (Successful) through our Lord Jesus Christ, is by denying our own will, and submitting to His; by our constant sincere effort to do the things which He says all the days of our life. We both I think have the same mind, and are speaking the same things, to the glory of God.
Last edited by Informer on Mon 31 Jan 2011, 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I always seek to comforted together by the mutual faith, of both you and me.)
- Christian Talk Member
- Mood :
Number of posts : 13
Age : 58
Location : Germany
Hobbies : Studying to rightly divide the Word of Truth
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2011-01-31
Points : 11089
Reputation : 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum