Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flowers

Go down

Flowers Empty Flowers

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 14 Jan 2011, 5:01 pm

Flowers

• Wild in fields.
    Psalms 103:15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
  • Cultivated in gardens.
    Song of Solomon 6:2-3 My beloved is gone down into his garden, to the beds of spices, to feed in the gardens, and to gather lilies. I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine: he feedeth among the lilies.
  • DESCRIBED AS
    • Beautiful.
      Matthew 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
    • Sweet.
      Song of Solomon 5:13 His cheeks are as a bed of spices, as sweet flowers: his lips like lilies, dropping sweet smelling myrrh.
    • Evanescent.
      Psalms 103:16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
    • Appear in spring.
      Song of Solomon 2:12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

• MENTIONED IN SCRIPTURE;
    • The lily.
      Hosea 14:5 I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon.

Matthew 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
    • The lily of the valley.
      Song of Solomon 2:1 I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
    • The rose.
      Isaiah 35:1 The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.
    • The rose of Sharon.
      Song of Solomon 2:1 I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
    • Of the grass.
      1 Peter 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

• Garlands of, used in worship of idols.
    Acts 14:13 Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people.
  • REPRESENTATIONS OF, ON THE
    • Golden candlestick.
      Exodus 25:31 And thou shalt make a candlestick of pure gold: of beaten work shall the candlestick be made: his shaft, and his branches, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, shall be of the same.

Exodus 25:33 Three bowls made like unto almonds, with a knop and a flower in one branch; and three bowls made like almonds in the other branch, with a knop and a flower: so in the six branches that come out of the candlestick.

2 Chronicles 4:21 And the flowers, and the lamps, and the tongs, made he of gold, and that perfect gold;
    • Sea of brass.
      1 Kings 7:26 And it was an hand breadth thick, and the brim thereof was wrought like the brim of a cup, with flowers of lilies: it contained two thousand baths.

2 Chronicles 4:5 And the thickness of it was an handbreadth, and the brim of it like the work of the brim of a cup, with flowers of lilies; and it received and held three thousand baths.
    • Wood work of the temple.
      1 Kings 6:18 And the cedar of the house within was carved with knops and open flowers: all was cedar; there was no stone seen.

1 Kings 6:29 And he carved all the walls of the house round about with carved figures of cherubims and palm trees and open flowers, within and without.

1 Kings 6:33 So also made he for the door of the temple posts of olive tree, a fourth part of the wall.

1 Kings 6:35 And he carved thereon cherubims and palm trees and open flowers: and covered them with gold fitted upon the carved work.

• ILLUSTRATIVE OF
    • The graces of Christ.
      Song of Solomon 5:13 His cheeks are as a bed of spices, as sweet flowers: his lips like lilies, dropping sweet smelling myrrh.
    • Shortness of man's life.
      Job 14:2 He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.

Psalms 103:15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
    • Kingdom of Israel.
      Isaiah 28:1 Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!
    • Glory of man.
      1 Peter 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
    • Rich men.
      James 1:10-11 But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away. For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Flowers 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com