Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You May Not Know Him but He Knows You

2 posters

Go down

You May Not Know Him but He Knows You Empty You May Not Know Him but He Knows You

Post  fennywest Sat 19 Mar 2011, 7:05 pm

'For Better or for Worse'

'...Having loved His own... He loved them to the end.' John 13:1

On a busy morning, a nurse in the crowded emergency room seated an elderly gentleman who had come to have stitches removed from his hand. He said, 'I'm in a hurry, nurse. I have an appointment in an hour.' As the line of patients ahead of him moved slowly he kept looking anxiously at his watch. Knowing he'd never make his appointment, the nurse led him to an examination room, checked his vital signs and evaluated the condition of his wound. Seeing it was well healed, she consulted with one of the doctors and got clearance to remove his sutures and re-dress his wound. She asked, 'Are you hurrying to another doctor's appointment?' He said, 'No, I'm on my way to have breakfast with my wife at the nursing home.' She asked about his wife's health and learned she was a victim of Alzheimer's disease. 'Will she be upset if you're late?' The old man told her she hadn't recognised him in five years. Surprised, the nurse asked, 'And you still go to see her every morning, although she doesn't know who you are?' The old man smiled, patted her hand and replied, 'Oh, yes. She doesn't know who I am, but I still know who she is!' Loving 'for better or for worse' means being committed to each other in every season and circumstance of life. It's how Christ loves us: '...Having loved His own... He loved them to the end.' And it's why He said, 'A new command I give you... As I have loved you, so you must love one another' (John 13:34 NIV).

You may wonder how this applies to you, but if you’re not born again, it does.

God cares for you and longs for you to know Him.

You may not know Him, yet He comes to see you see you again and again. You may not know Him but He comes to lovingly speak to you, entreat you to give your life to Him, be acquainted with Him, because of His love for you

You may not know Him, but He knows you and He loves you and died for you.

He is stretching His hands to you today. Will you receive it?

It may also be that you have known him before but are now very far away from Him.

He still loves you dearly and cares for you and longs for when you will come back home like the prodigal son.

Would you come back home today?

Last edited by fennywest on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : You May Not Know Him but He Knows You 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

You May Not Know Him but He Knows You Empty Re: You May Not Know Him but He Knows You

Post  Informer Thu 24 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

Yes, it is just as when the Holy Spirit of Truth speaking through Peter told us in effect (2 Pet 3:9) that as God wishes that none should perish, but that they would rather come to repentance, so also we should wish with God the same for them that are lost.
Informer
Informer
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 13
Hobbies : Studying to rightly divide the Word of Truth
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Warning : You May Not Know Him but He Knows You 110

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: