Should I leave the church

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I leave the church

Post  hal-b on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 1:13 am

My church started selling books in their book store that I believe are false teachers. My family and I have been attendig for many years. The preaching has been tested and is fine. My children love their classes and friends. The books are staying. I am now feeling guilty about giving money to the church because these books will help spread what I believe is false. Leaving will be very difficult!!! How do you feel about our money being used in the church? Is that my concern or between them and God. I live in a small town so a new church will be a drive.

hal-b
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 1
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Should I leave the Church?

Post  hannielebed on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 5:34 am

Do not be hasty in making this decision. A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. The enemies strategy it to divide and conquer and to do that, he will attempt to introduce a little false doctrine into the Church, than get a bunch of people all upset and offended so that they leave the Church, then no one is left to correct the problem.

Am I saying that you should ignore false doctrine? God forbid. The false doctrine must be addressed.
James 5
19 My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back,
20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
But address the false doctrine in the correct manner, with truth, love, and gentleness.
2 Timothy 2
24 The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
Matthew 18
15 "If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother.
16 "But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED.
17 "If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.
Try to reconcile your differences. Are you sure that those books are false doctrine? There are those authors who may be in error without being false.

Take this matter to the Lord in prayer.
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Romans 12:14
"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, Matthew 5:44
Only after you have prayed and attempted to correct the matter in gentleness and love, then if they still persist in false doctrine, leave the Church.
"Any place that does not receive you or listen to you, as you go out from there, shake the dust off the soles of your feet for a testimony against them." Mark 6:11
Do not be hasty to leave your Church. Make sure that you do not fall into sin yourself by your response to this matter.
BE ANGRY, AND yet DO NOT SIN; do not let the sun go down on your anger, Ephesians 4:26
Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted. Galations 6:1
Remember that it is not up to you to judge the leadership. But trust God that he will hold the leadership accountable in his good judgment.

hannielebed
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 29
Marital Status : Divorcee
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I leave the church

Post  Waqar Daniel on Tue 22 Mar 2011, 6:33 pm

The answer to your question is simple and my answer is not from my logic but from the "wisdom of God"
If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work (2 John 1:10-11)
I hope this answers your question. We cannot be partakers in evil and neither we can promote evil.

How do you feel about our money being used in the church?
This matter is between God and the heart of a person who gives in God's way. We are reminded of such an incident in Mark 12 where Jesus talks of scribes who like to sit in the first chair in synagogues yet they do evil. Jesus saw many rich gave a lot in charity yet Jesus blessed an old woman who gave little. Jesus blessed that woman because
And calling his disciples together, he saith to them: Amen I say to you, this poor widow hath cast in more than all they who have cast into the treasury. For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want cast in all she had, even her whole living. (Mark 12:43-44)
It very clear from this story that officials of that treasury were corrupt yet in the very same synagogue Jesus blessed an old woman for her charity.

However, personally I would never fund anything that is against Kingdom of God.

God bless you

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LORD Jesus Christ. (Philemon 1:3)

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning :

View user profile http://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down