Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hedges

Go down

Hedges Empty Hedges

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 26 Mar 2011, 6:54 pm

Hedges

• Antiquity of.
    1 Chronicles 4:23 These were the potters, and those that dwelt among plants and hedges: there they dwelt with the king for his work.
  • Designed for protection.
    Isaiah 5:2 And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.
  • Often made of thorns.
    Micah 7:4 The best of them is as a brier: the most upright is sharper than a thorn hedge: the day of thy watchmen and thy visitation cometh; now shall be their perplexity.
  • PLACED AROUND
    • Gardens.
      Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Lamentations 2:6 And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest.
      (marg.)
    • Vineyards.
      Matthew 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:

Mark 12:1 And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country.

• Difficulty of breaking through.
    Proverbs 15:19 The way of the slothful man is as an hedge of thorns: but the way of the righteous is made plain.
  • Danger of breaking through.
    Ecclesiastes 10:8 He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.
  • Desolation caused by removing.
    Psalms 80:12-13 Why hast thou then broken down her hedges, so that all they which pass by the way do pluck her? The boar out of the wood doth waste it, and the wild beast of the field doth devour it.
  • Filled with grasshoppers.
    Nahum 3:17 Thy crowned are as the locusts, and thy captains as the great grasshoppers, which camp in the hedges in the cold day, but when the sun ariseth they flee away, and their place is not known where they are.
  • Poor travellers sought rest under.
    Luke 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
  • Afforded protection in danger.
    Jeremiah 49:3 Howl, O Heshbon, for Ai is spoiled: cry, ye daughters of Rabbah, gird you with sackcloth; lament, and run to and fro by the hedges; for their king shall go into captivity, and his priests and his princes together.
  • Making up gaps in, alluded to.
    Ezekiel 13:5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.

Ezekiel 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
  • ILLUSTRATIVE
    • Of God's protection.
      Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
    • Of numerous afflictions.
      Job 3:23 Why is light given to a man whose way is hid, and whom God hath hedged in?

Job 19:8 He hath fenced up my way that I cannot pass, and he hath set darkness in my paths.
    • Of heavy judgments.
      Lamentations 3:7 He hath hedged me about, that I cannot get out: he hath made my chain heavy.

Hosea 2:6 Therefore, behold, I will hedge up thy way with thorns, and make a wall, that she shall not find her paths.
    • Of holy ordinances, &c.
      Isaiah 5:2 And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.

Matthew 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
    • Of the way of the slothful.
      Proverbs 15:19 The way of the slothful man is as an hedge of thorns: but the way of the righteous is made plain.
    • (Broken down,) of the taking away of protection.
      Psalms 80:12 Why hast thou then broken down her hedges, so that all they which pass by the way do pluck her?

Isaiah 5:5 And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Hedges 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com