Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian affection

2 posters

Go down

Christian affection Empty Christian affection

Post  hannielebed Fri 01 Apr 2011, 4:44 pm

The Bible says to greet each other with a holy kiss and it talks about John laying his head in Jesus's lap. There is also confusion about nudity because it is never outright condemned but instead, the Bible spells out context within which nudity is not okay. I personally am not interested in kissing another man. But I would like some Biblical info about what the limits are in terms of affection and nudity. What is okay and what crosses the line?

I'm wanting Biblical standards here. I already know the American standards and have learned of the standards in other parts of the world. But what does God say?
hannielebed
hannielebed
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 29
Marital Status : Divorcee
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Warning : Christian affection 110

Back to top Go down

Christian affection Empty Re: Christian affection

Post  Informer Sat 02 Apr 2011, 2:30 pm

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
(Col 3:2)
Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.
(John 21:7)
Informer
Informer
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 13
Hobbies : Studying to rightly divide the Word of Truth
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  hannielebed Sat 02 Apr 2011, 9:39 pm

Greet one another with a holy kiss. 2 Corinthians 13:12

There are similar references in Romans 16:16, 1 Corinthians 16:20, 1 Thessalonians 5:26, 1 Peter 5:14. What is a holy kiss and how do we distinguish it from an unholy kiss?

When the time for Israel to die drew near, he called his son Joseph and said to him, "Please, if I have found favor in your sight, place now your hand under my thigh and deal with me in kindness and faithfulness. Please do not bury me in Egypt, Genesis 47:29

There are similar references in Genesis 24:2 and 24:9. This is a very intimate contact although it was specifically used for making oaths of loyalty. What other intimate contact is okay in which contexts?

And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?" Genesis 3:11

He also stripped off his clothes, and he too prophesied before Samuel and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Therefore they say, " Is Saul also among the prophets?" 1 Samuel 19:24

He said," Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1:21

at that time the LORD spoke through Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, "Go and loosen the sackcloth from your hips and take your shoes off your feet " And he did so, going naked and barefoot. Isaiah 20:2

"Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry And bring the homeless poor into the house; When you see the naked, to cover him; And not to hide yourself from your own flesh? Isaiah 58:7

Because of this I must lament and wail, I must go barefoot and naked; I must make a lament like the jackals And a mourning like the ostriches. Micah 1:8

But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked. Mark 14:52

Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Romans 8:35

("Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.") Revelation 16:15

fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Anyone can quote scripture but do you know the Bible? My understanding is that neither nudity nor affection are inherently sinful but can become corrupted by sin. So how do we keep nudity and affection pure and holy?
hannielebed
hannielebed
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 29
Marital Status : Divorcee
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content