Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did God create Evil?

4 posters

Go down

Did God create Evil? Empty Did God create Evil?

Post  lovingdove Thu 01 Sep 2011, 6:56 pm

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7)"
Did God Create Evil? If so, why? To what end? How can he hold us accountable for evil if he created evil? If not, what is evil? Where did it come from? Tell your thoughts whatever they may be!
lovingdove
lovingdove
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 78
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning : Did God create Evil? 110

Back to top Go down

Did God create Evil? Empty Re: Did God create Evil?

Post  Waqar Daniel Thu 01 Sep 2011, 7:02 pm

The verse you have quoted talks of a different thing. Please refer to Isaiah 45:5 that says,
"I am the Lord, and there is none else: there is no God besides me: I girded thee, and thou hast not known me:"
Here God the Most High talks of His Omnipotence and Authority. In verse 45:7 the word "Evil" is to be taken in contrast with "Peace". God brings peace over His people and prevents the power to repress the pride, ambition, and spirit of revenge of conquerors and kings.

The above mentioned act of man "Pride, ambition and spirit of revenge" is evil. When God departs from a man his evil desires come out. When God's Spirit is with a man, He brings peace and joy in His life.

The best example is when the Spirit of God departed from King Saul. He had no peace and did "Evil" in the sight of God. Saul was in agony and enemies were knocking at his door. He feared defeat, humiliation and death. Because of this unrest in his spirit, Saul did "Evil" in the sight of God because there was no peace in life. The only reason was because God departed from him and allowed his enemies to over run him.
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. (James 1:13-15)
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Did God create Evil? Empty Did God create anything?

Post  Where Is The Logic? Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:49 am

Did God create anything? Is there an evil? Define evil? Where does bad become evil?

Before proving God did or didn't create evil prove God, prove the existence of God.
Where Is The Logic?
Where Is The Logic?
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 5
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2011-12-29

Back to top Go down

Did God create Evil? Empty Creation and God's Existence

Post  fennywest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:15 pm

Did God create anything?
Genesis 1: The History of Creation
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

Psalms 19: The Perfect Revelation of the LORD To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.
2 Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language Where their voice is not heard.
Hebrews 1: God's Supreme Revelation
1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;
3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
Ephesians 2
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Isa45:12
12 I have made the earth, And created man on it. I --- My hands --- stretched out the heavens, And all their host I have commanded.#

Isa42Isaiah 42
5 Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it:

Psalms 104
30 You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; And You renew the face of the earth.

Psalms 148
5 Let them praise the name of the LORD, For He commanded and they were created.

Isaiah 40
26 Lift up your eyes on high, And see who has created these things, Who brings out their host by number; He calls them all by name, By the greatness of His might And the strength of His power; Not one is missing.

Is there an evil?
2Cor10
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

The Whole Armor of God
Ephesians6
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Define evil?

Anything that is sinful is evil.
and sin originates from the devil.
Sin is defined as the transgression of God's law- rebellion against God,wilfulness, disobedience, unrighteousness, wickedness and living with no regard to your creator.
Sin also came from the fall of man.
1 Timothy 2
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
Death in Adam, Life in Christ
Rom5
12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned ---
Gen2
6 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;
17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Where does bad become evil?
Bad and evil are synonymous- same thing.

Before proving God did or didn't create evil prove God, prove the existence of God.

God cannot be comprehended by logic. You must come by faith, with humility,then your spiritual eyes will be opened. We were all born blind and it takes the race of God to open our eyes to see the reality that God is.
Eph1
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power
Eph2
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
Eph3
Appreciation of the Mystery
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height ---
19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

He said he who comes to Him must believe that He exists. Heb11:6
the Whole of creation Speak of His existence, His power even preexistence; for those who have ears to hear.
Ps19

Creation speaks

Creation speaks.
It is His voice
To man who leaks, seeks
Weak, severed, sin-sick;
To make a choice
To live or die.

He is overall
He is infinite
Made great and small
He is: every minute
So let your doubt fly.

He designed you,
Fashioned you,
Before conception,
Before revelation,
As the Most High.

Every design
Has a maker,
Who is a sign
Of the owner,
So are you and I.

Purpose: He has
For all creation;
For us: the mass,
And one by one,
For you, for I.

Has love limitless
Wisdom bottomless
Power, endless
Measureless,
Presence, discernible
To end all ’Whys?’

Daily He beckons,
“Come now to Me
Come, let us reckon
Come and be free
Don’t pass Me by.

“Yield now to Me
Let go to let Me
Come and you will see
Come and let Me be
Your all, in all.”

When we act as wise
We become fools
And cannot rise
Above a stool
So He passes by.

Romans 1:20-22
New King James Version (NKJV)
20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
2 Day unto day utters speech,
And night unto night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language
Where their voice is not heard.Ps19:1-3

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.Ps139:13-16

1 Corinthians 1
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness,

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;

1 Corinthians 2
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1 Corinthians 3
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their own craftiness";
23 Thus says the LORD:

“ Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
24 But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the LORD.
Psalm 8
New King James Version (NKJV)
Psalm 8
To the Chief Musician. On the instrument of Gath.[a] A Psalm of David.
1 O LORD, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth,
Who have set Your glory above the heavens!

2 Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants
You have ordained strength,
Because of Your enemies,
That You may silence the enemy and the avenger.

3 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
4 What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?
5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels,[b]
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,
7 All sheep and oxen—
Even the beasts of the field,
8 The birds of the air,
And the fish of the sea
That pass through the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth!
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Did God create Evil? Empty Re: Did God create Evil?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down