Where is the Proof?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where is the Proof?

Post  Where Is The Logic? on Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:21 am

I am looking for faith and before I commit to anything I must be sure i am making the right choice. So I must ask, where are the facts and the evidence to support Christianity and the Bible?

Where Is The Logic?
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 5
Age : 26
Location : New Zealand
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2011-12-29
Points : 9036
Reputation : 0
Country :

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where is the proof?

Post  Irv Everett on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 7:55 pm

I am looking for faith and before I commit to anything I must be sure i am making the right choice. So I must ask, where are the facts and the evidence to support Christianity and the Bible?

Your post is confusing, you say you are looking for faith but you question the Bible and Christianity. You say that you want to make the right choice but you are not willing to commit to anything. So, I don’t think you are looking for faith. I think you understand that your soul is in jeopardy and I think you are looking for a logical, reasonable explanation of why Christians trust in God and His Word for your assurance.
The Bible offers ancient history, prophecy, archeological and scientific facts which support Christianity. History indicates the Bible is accurate when speaking of ancient facts. Prophecy validates the Bible’s truth. Archeology has found the remnants supporting the Bible’s ancient facts. And scholars state they can find no scientific facts which contradict the Bible.
A Christian’s complete loving confidence in God is commonly known as faith; and the object of our faith is Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sin. We understand who God is; we trust in God, in His Word, in His actions and His promises. We choose to accept God and His free gift of salvation. By faith, we commit our whole soul to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. We cultivate a personal relationship with God; we allow our old nature to be weakened by saying yes to God. We listen, we read and we meditate on His word. We act and develop what God has given to His honor and His glory. We obey Him. We praise Him. We speak His Word, and seek His purity of heart.
You said “before I commit to anything I must be sure I am making the right decision”. Like it or not, one of these days we will all stand before God’s throne and He will ask us why He should allow us to enter into Heaven? The only answer that I can give; I trusted in Jesus.

Irv Everett
VIP

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 305
Age : 58
Location : Birmingham, Alabama USA
Profession : I'm a child of the KING
Hobbies : Loving my wife, son and grandbabies; Praising the Lord for HIS mercy and grace!
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-12-31
Points : 16473
Reputation : 38
Country :

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where is the Proof?

Post  fennywest on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 12:37 pm

Where is the proof?

The proof is in the eating,
Believing, receiving
Coming as you are
no matter how far.

The proof is
Accepting What Christ did
On Calvary's Cross
To take away your curse.

The proof is not:
Mental gymnastics
Or acrobatics
But simple humility-
Coming as a fool
To be wise.

Those who profess to be wise
Become irredeemable fools
'The foolishness of God
Is wiser than the wisdom of men.'


23 Thus says the LORD: " Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
24 But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
3 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.1Cor2:12-14.
Glory Only in the Lord
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
1Cor1:26-29
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. Rev3:20

If God is plucking at your heart's strings
and you want to be saved
Then go to this link and pray.


http://christian-talk.forumotion.com/t5531-today-i-come-to-the-throne-of-grace#10829


Last edited by fennywest on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Age : 63
Location : uk
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19
Points : 15555
Reputation : 78
Country :

Warning :

View user profile http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is the Proof?

Post  Waqar Daniel on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:52 pm

Where Is The Logic? wrote: I am looking for faith and before I commit to anything I must be sure i am making the right choice. So I must ask, where are the facts and the evidence to support Christianity and the Bible?
OBJECT OF FAITH. The Bible teaches that the object of faith (who or what is believed in) is God and His Son Jesus Christ. There are many persons, places and things that we could put our faith in during our lifetime, but we must prioritize our life, and put our faith in God and Jesus Christ above all else. Jesus said: "Let not your heart be troubled: believe in God, believe also in me" (John 14:1). We are not to put our faith in that which is false (Matthew 24:23,26). Unless our faith is in God and His Son, we do not have the right kind of faith. For Further Study: Mark 11:22; Acts 14:23; 19:4; 20:21; Galatians 2:16; 2 Timothy 3:15; Hebrews 6:1; 11:6; 1 Peter 1:21; 1 John 3:23; 5:1,5,10.

SUBJECT OF FAITH. The Bible teaches that the subject of faith (who or what has faith ) is man himself. Man is the only creature of all of God's creation who can believe. What flower ever believed? What rock ever believed? What animal ever believed? Take a look at the great men and women of faith in the Old and New Testaments and see what they accomplished "by faith." For Further Study: Hebrews 11:1-40.

SUBSTANCE OF FAITH. The Bible teaches that the substance of faith (what faith is) is belief; a complete trust, assurance or confidence. There is no fear (Mark 5:36; Luke 8:50) or doubt (Mark 11:23-24) in faith. The writer of Hebrews wrote: "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). Unless our faith is complete trust, we do not have the right kind of faith. For Further Study: Mark 9:23-24; John 6:69; Acts 17:31; 27:25; 2 Timothy 1:12.

PROOF OF FAITH. The Bible teaches that the proof of faith (what faith is based on) is evidence. Faith is based upon strong, clear, logical, true, historical evidence. Faith is not guesswork. Faith is not a blind leap in the dark. Faith is not grounded in subjective feelings. God provides the objective, rational evidence for belief; man provides the belief based on that evidence. The Bible does not teach that God gives man his faith. John wrote: "but these are written, that ye may believe that Jesus is the Christ..." (John 20:31). Paul wrote: "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). Unless our faith is based upon sound evidence from God's word, we do not have the right kind of faith. For Further Study: Mark 1:15; 16:15-16; Luke 8:12-13; 24:25; John 4:39-42; 5:46-47; 8:30,46; 9:35-38; 17:20; 19:35; 20:24-31; Acts 4:4; 8:12-13; 9:41-42; 11:19-21; 13:12; 14:1; 15:7; 17:11-12; 18:8; 24:14; 26:27; Romans 10:8-21; 1 Corinthians 2:4-5; 3:5; 15:1-2,11,14,17; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Thessalonians 1:10; 2:11-13; 1 Timothy 3:16; 1 John 5:13.

FRUIT OF FAITH. The Bible teaches that the fruit of faith (what faith produces) is active obedience to God's word. The Bible does not teach that man is saved by faith only. Faith is not just a mental thought; it is a mental thought that leads a person to act, to work, to obey. The outward acts of faith can be seen (Matthew 9:2). Faith takes steps in obedience (Romans 4:12). Unless our faith produces active obedience to God's word, we do not have the right kind of faith. For Further Study: Mark 16:16; Acts 11:21; 19:18-19; Romans 16:26; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 5:6; 1 Thessalonians 1:3; 2 Thessalonians 1:11; Titus 3:8; James 2:14-26; Revelation 2:19.

CONSEQUENCES OF FAITH. The Bible teaches that the consequences of faith (what faith leads to) are enormous. First, faith leads to unity. Luke records: "And all that believed were together, and had all things common" (Acts 2:44). Second, faith leads to proclaiming the gospel. Paul said: "But having the same spirit of faith, according to that which is written, I believed, and therefore did I speak; we also believe, and therefore also we speak" (2 Corinthians 4:13). Third, faith leads to persecution. Paul wrote: "because to you if hath been granted in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for in his behalf" (Philippians 1:29). Unless our faith leads to unity, proclamation and persecution, we do not have the right kind of faith. For Further Study: John 12:42-43; 17:20-21; Acts 4:32; 22:19.

REWARD OF FAITH. The Bible teaches that the reward of faith (what faith accomplishes) is eternal life. Our faith results in eternal life (salvation) given to us by God. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16). Unless our faith accomplishes eternal life, we do not have the right kind of faith. For Further Study: John 3:14-16,36; 5:24; 6:40,47; Acts 10:43; 13:39,48; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:28,30; 5:1-2; 1 Corinthians 1:21; Galatians 3:24; 1 Timothy 1:16; Hebrews 6:11-12; 1 Peter 1:5-9.

By Chris Reeves
From Expository Files 2.5; May, 1995
What the Bible Says About Faith

_________________


Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LORD Jesus Christ. (Philemon 1:3)


Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Age : 46
Location : The Kingdom of Heavenly Father
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25
Points : 19133
Reputation : 42
Country :

Warning :

View user profile http://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is the Proof?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:20 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum