Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stand Up and Be Counted

Go down

Stand Up and Be Counted Empty Stand Up and Be Counted

Post  fennywest Wed 21 Mar 2012, 1:38 pm

'Your Bio in Six Words!‘

'Pulitzer Prize winner Ernest Hemingway wrote this poignant bio: “For sale: baby shoes, never used.”

'As I thought about this concept, I wondered if we could find any six-word biographies of people in the Bible. What I discovered was astonishing. Many of our scriptural heroes have already been described that way. For example, David, of whom God said: “A man after My own heart” (1 Sam. 13:14; Acts 13:22). Or Paul’s self-description: “Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ” (Eph. 1:1). Or Paul’s description of Timothy: “My true son in the faith” (1 Tim. 1:2 NIV). And consider these words about Mary: “The virgin shall be with child” (Matt. 1:23). And about Jesus: “Became flesh and dwelt among us” '(John 1:14). ( Dave Branon)

This reading in our Daily Bread caused me to think of my bio in six words and in different lights, as given below:

My Bio: in six words

Was a failure, Now Good Success
Was a captive, Now in Liberty
Was in darkness, Now in light
Was an Alien, Now a Citizen
Was dead, Now raised to life.
Lost without a trail, Now found!
Was hopeless, Now Full of Hope.
Was an outcast, but Now Accepted
Was sin-sick, Now Righteousness of God.
Faced death penalty, Christ ransomed me.
Was condemned, Now pardoned and acquitted.
Was thoroughly curse, Now gloriously blessed.

What is your bio in six words?

If you are a child of God reading this today, may I encourage you to try and write your bio in six words, as I have done; and post it here as a reply.
Yes, it would cause you to reflect on what the Lord has done for you; cause you to count your blessings; and declare it to the world, glorify God and put your enemies- the principalities and powers- to shame.

Let nothing stop you, regardless what you're going through. Unless you go through something, you cannot become something that God can be proud of.

Let's fill this place with six word bio-testimonies.

Can you imagine how God's name will be glorified if all the redeemed, blood-bought, blood-kept saints in this forum, rose up to be counted, without shame?

Though He slay me , yet will I trust Him. Job13:15)

He knows the way tat I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth like gold.(Job23:10)

For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels." Mark8:38
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Stand Up and Be Counted 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down