Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Wrestle Not Against Rabbits...

Go down

We Wrestle Not Against Rabbits... Empty We Wrestle Not Against Rabbits...

Post  fennywest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:37 am

Some people dream a lot but I rarely do. However, after going through a series of Bible Studies on dreams and how God can use them to speak to us, I wanted to have dreams that I could interpret and have divine direction from and not just dreaming for the sake of it. But I was not looking for dream as a sole source of hearing from God, knowing that God communicates with us, not just through dreams, but through His word, the Holy Spirit, inward witness, still small voice, through the word being preached, word of prophecy etc. Again I was careful about avoiding focusing on a channel for the God voice, knowing that the enemy could deceive me by faking it. God has to be God and could speak to us the way He wants and not the way we want Him to speak.

I Had a Dream
I was going somewhere and waiting for a bus at a bus stop with others. I had a luggage and a packed lunch in a separate container. I left these and moved a few feet away, for some reason and a few minutes later, I saw the bus I needed coming so I rushed to take my luggage and lunch to avoid missing my bus.
To my surprise and dismay my lunch and luggage had been torn open and bits and piece strewn all over the floor. I was so enraged and tried to gather what was left to join the bus but a couple who seemed sympathetic, told me it was a rabbit that did the wicked deed and that some of my clothes had been taken across the street to a garbage dump. They took me to the place and I saw most of my clothes torn apart but there were some good ones left. As I tried to rescue what was left. This couple showed an interest in what was left and I gave it to them.
Meanwhile, I had missed my bus! I was fuming.

The couple were still with me and I saw the rabbit that did the hideous crime. It came near, not to apologise but to defy me, just gazing, as if to rub it in. In anger I took one of the clothes to hit it and it was just looking at me as if to say ‘Is that all you can do?’ The couple who were with me told me to stop hitting the rabbit and then I woke up.

Interpretation

What a strange dream!

I would have dismissed the whole dream and carried on life as usual but I thought about the series of studies on dreams and interpretation which we had and wanted some fruit out of it. I wanted an interpretation and prayed about it and this was what came of it:
We Wrestle Not Against Rabbit...
We are in a journey as I was on a journey going somewhere. I was equipped for the journey. God has equipped us for our spiritual journey. I met others at this bus stop- all on their individual journey. That is a fact of life. We are all on our individual journeys, packaged by God before we set out on this journey on earth below. We all have a destination that God had foreordained for each one of us even before we were conceived in our mother’s wombs. (Jeremiah29:11, Ps139:13-16)
I left my luggage unattended, distracted for a moment and the result was violation, destruction, stealing, and anger and compounded by my missing my bus.
Much as God is with us and for us and in us, we are enjoined to be sober and be vigilant and that we have an enemy prowling about seeking who to devour. The enemy takes advantage of distraction and does his dirty works; he comes against us on our blind side or areas where we think we are strong in ourselves but not in the Lord.

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.1Pet5:8

We are soldiers and we need not entangle ourselves with the affairs of this life. (2Tim2:4) We need to be disciplined, watching always for the enemy of our soul and giving him no room or foothold. I was careless and the enemy took advantage of it and violated me. This is true in real life situations. When we are careless, the enemy seizes the moment and does havoc or damage. His job description is to kill steal and destroy. (John10:10)

26 "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
27 nor give place to the devil. Eph4:26-27

We would be distracted by our enemy from time to time so that we can miss our boat or bus, opportunity, our appointment with the Lord or our blessing. We need to be sensitive to know the ploys of the enemy. If I was sensitive, I would have left those things which were destroyed and caught my bus and trusted God to provide for me. What was left was of no use to me. Seeing my clothes in ruins got me so enraged that I was taking it out on the rabbit, as if it would learn a lesson and not do it next time. That rabbit was not my pet that I was training. The enemy just used the rabbit to upset me. Even more importantly, my eyes were opened to realise that the Rabbit was a demon spirit in disguise. We wrestle not against rabbits but against principalities and powers; against spiritual wickedness in high places. Satan would use anything to distract us if we let him. He is against our destiny- where the Lord is taking us to -our Promised Land. We must not give him an inch or he will take a mile.

10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.John10:10

And who then are these sympathetic couple who were around and seemed to help me, showing me where my clothes were taken but wanted what was left anyway? The Holy Spirit opened my eyes to see that the Rabbit and the couple were all the same. They were working together, cohorts, just in different guises. They seemed to me helpful but that was deceptive- a front to win me over to lay down my guard. It was all part of the ploy to distract me from continuing my journey and focusing on the temporal to miss the eternal. It was not then surprising that they wanted to completely lick me dry, leave me empty before leaving me. They were not friends but enemies- a satanic partnership on assignment to distract, depress, enrage, kill, steal and destroy.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. 2Cor11:13-15

It reminds me of an event that occurred during the riots in London earlier this year when there was widespread looting of shops following the shooting of Mark Duggan in police custody. There was an incident caught on camera where some youth were pretending to help a Malaysian student while another, who was a cohort was robbing him, unbeknown to the boy but for the camera that exposed them. That tactic is used any times. Some car owners who had their car open and standing outside have been distracted and while they tried to attend to whatever it is, their car have been driven away by another person who was in collusion with the person who caused the distraction. This was what happened in the dream. I was careless, then distracted and the robbed and deceived and further robbed and kept away from where I was going and made angry and fooled to use a carnal weapon.

To summarise: these are the lessons from the dream:

1. We are in a journey and well equipped by God.

2. As we are so are others on this journey

3. Whereas God wants us to get to our destination and obtain our inheritance- our Promised land- we have an enemy who wants to distract us and keep us from entering that Promised Land.

( 19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; Isa1:19)

4. We need to be sober and vigilant otherwise the enemy will succeed in his scheme and ploy.
We need to be sensitive in the spirit to know how the enemy disguises himself otherwise we will be fighting with worldly weapons. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but are mighty through God and have divine power to pull down strongholds, casting down every imagination and every high thing that exalts against the revealed will of the Lord. We need to put on the whole armour of God as to stand in the evil day (2Cor10:4-5,Eph6:10-18). The enemy will often disguise as an angel of light but the Spirit of Truth in us exposes the lies and trickery of the enemy.

(14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Rom8:14 Ps37:23)

5. We must not give the enemy any room but walk in the spirit and we would not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Gal5:16)
Often it is when we focus on what we would were or what we would it or our shelter that we miss the best of God, like I was focused on my luggage, clothes and lunch that were destroyed and missed the bus.

(28 "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Matt6:28-33, Col3:1-2)

Prayer:

May the Lord open the eyes of your spiritual understanding to see the ploy of the enemy and to avoid every pot hole he digs for you. May you walk in the spirit and avoid every pretension of the enemy to distract you from your journey of life and Race of Grace.
May the Lord teach you how to use the spiritual weapons He has provided for you skilfully as to win the battle of life, in Jesus’ Name.
I pray that you will seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and not be preoccupied by what you will eat or drink or the clothes you will put on or your shelter. May you order your priorities right to the glory of God.

No weapon fashioned against you will prosper. Every tongue that rises against you in judgement, you shall show to be in the wrong. Your steps shall be ordered by the Lord. You will not walk in darkness. The Lord will expose every ploy of the enemy to you and grant you wisdom as to how to deal with them. Those who come against you in one way will flee in seven ways. You will not miss you destination in Jesus’ Name. You will live with eternity in view and not be sidetracked with temporary, transient earthly preoccupation but on eternal reality. God will give you a divine perspective, an ability to see things through His eyes and to do what He would do in the circumstances that you face in life.
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : We Wrestle Not Against Rabbits... 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down