Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Your Running is a Stand

Go down

When Your Running is a Stand Empty When Your Running is a Stand

Post  fennywest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 6:21 pm

When Your Running is a Stand

Know when to Run and when to Stand

Genesis 39:12
He left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out

There are times when we need to flee to make our stand. Standing there in the presence of sin and being wooed, and wined and dined would be an invitation to catastrophe, doom and damnation; a snare, a pitfall a trap.
On such an occasion, remaining there and bragging that we are strong enough to take the temptation or the threat would be foolish. When the Holy Spirit says ‘Run!’ you better run or you will be ruined-run over.

Even God had to tell Mary and Joseph, ‘Take my Son and flee to Egypt. He is in danger.’
God is Almighty and All-powerful, but at that moment he wanted Mary and Joseph to run.
If they remained there they would have been in disobedience. They obeyed and when the time was right for them to come back the Holy Spirit told them again, ‘Now you can go back.’

Joseph was wise when Potiphar’s wife raised her game by not just pestering him but grabbing him by force: ‘Lie with me’
Joseph did not waste time pleading with her to reason with him that it would be wrong. He fled and left his coat with her. Although she still used his coat as evidence against him which, and landed an innocent man in prison, it was all a set up for a lift up and great come back. He became the Prime Minister in a foreign land and left an indelible legacy for all time and fulfilled his destiny.

So when you are doing right and you’re still not off the hook, know that God is cooking something grandiose, something sumptuous, and in the fullness of time you will come out on top.

Conversely, Samson played a fool and remained on Delilah’s lap instead of running when she told him "Please tell me where your great strength lies, and with what you may be bound to afflict you."He paid with his eyes pluck out which was the beginning of his end.

The enemy is after your vision and if your allow him to pluck it out, he knows he has won. So my Friend, know when to run to make a your stand!
22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
2Tim2:22

Fenny West
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : When Your Running is a Stand 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com