Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Month of Great Rejoicing

Go down

Month of Great Rejoicing Empty Month of Great Rejoicing

Post  fennywest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 11:27 am

Month of Great Rejoicing

Word and Scriptures of Joy

Joy unspeakable and full of Glory
What is joy?
Dictionary definition
Definition of JOY
a: the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good FORTUNE or by the prospect of possessing what one desires : DELIGHT b: the expression or exhibition of such emotion : GAIETY
: a state of happiness or felicity : BLISS
: a source or cause of delight
This is my definition:
This is a supernatural and extraordinary confident expectation and elation or exuberance based on your intimate knowledge of God and being able seeing beyond the natural and having a glimpse of the good things God is doing despite contrary present experience. Someone can be joyful without any particular tangible thing to point to and cannot be understood by the natural mind. It is Holy Spirit induced.
It is if often misunderstood and substituted with happiness which is exuberance issuing from delightful HAPPENINGS. For example someone gives you a gift unexpectedly, you played and win the Lottery, you were given promotion, you got a new job after a long search,

It follows that one can be joyful despite sorrowful or adverse happenings or misfortunes- not because of the misfortunes but because of what you know about your God: His goodness, greatness, integrity, grace, unfailing love and faithfulness.
Paul and Silas could sing and pray in a dungeon
Paul and Silas sang and praised after being beaten, battered and broken and bleeding because they had joy bubbling over in them.
25 But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed. 27 And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself. 28 But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, “Do yourself no harm, for we are all here.”
29 Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house.
Acts16:28-32
They saw beyond their circumstances and could therefore sing and pray loudly for other prisoners to hear them and God responded in a spectacular way. May the joy of the Lord strengthen you with might in your inner being and may His Spirit open the yes of you understanding to see what He is doing behind the scene despite what you’re going through. And may He cause His joy to well up within you and cause you to sing and dance and praise Him like Paul and Silas.
Judah sang praises in the face of a overwhelming, armada of enemies. That is the joy of the Lord.
King Jehoshaphat and Judah surrounded by enemies and out-numbered 100:1
15 And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the LORD to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. 16 Tomorrow go down against them. They will surely come up by the Ascent of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the brook before the Wilderness of Jeruel. 17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the LORD, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the LORD is with you.”
18 And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem bowed before the LORD, worshiping the LORD. 19 Then the Levites of the children of the Kohathites and of the children of the Korahites stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel with voices loud and high.
20 So they rose early in the morning and went out into the Wilderness of Tekoa; and as they went out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Hear me, O Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem: Believe in the LORD your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.” 21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the LORD, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying:
“Praise the LORD,
For His mercy endures forever.”]
22 Now when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated. 23 For the people of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of Mount Seir to utterly kill and destroy them. And when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, they helped to destroy one another.
24 So when Judah came to a place overlooking the wilderness, they looked toward the multitude; and there were their dead bodies, fallen on the earth. No one had escaped.2Chro20:15-24

How does joy come?

God gives joy

Ephesians 5:18-19
New Living Translation (NLT)
18 Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, (Then you will sing)19 singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts.
Joy is an evidence or hallmark or credential of being in the Kingdom of God.

Romans 14:17
New Living Translation (NLT)
17 For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Romans 14:17

New King James Version (NKJV)
17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Joy in God’s Faithfulness

14 Sing, O daughter of Zion!
Shout, O Israel!
Be glad and rejoice with all your heart,
O daughter of Jerusalem!
15 The LORD has taken away your judgments,
He has cast out your enemy.
The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst;
You shall see[a] disaster no more.
16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem:
“Do not fear;
Zion, let not your hands be weak.
17 The LORD your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”
18 “I will gather those who sorrow over the appointed assembly,
Who are among you,
To whom its reproach is a burden.
19 Behold, at that time
I will deal with all who afflict you;
I will save the lame,
And gather those who were driven out;
I will appoint them for praise and fame
In every land where they were put to shame.
20 At that time I will bring you back,
Even at the time I gather you;
For I will give you fame and praise
Among all the peoples of the earth,
When I return your captives before your eyes,”
Says the LORD.
Zeph3:14-20

Rejoice is not a suggestion but a command

Philippians 4:4
New King James Version (NKJV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Our joy should be unabated: continuous, ‘evermore’ regardless of circumstance.

Rejoice evermore
Pray without ceasing.
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1Thess5:16-18
7 " For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing, And her people a joy.
19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem, And joy in My people; The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her, Nor the voice of crying.
20 " No more shall an infant from there live but a few days, Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days; For the child shall die one hundred years old, But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 They shall build houses and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 They shall not build and another inhabit; They shall not plant and another eat; For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people, And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labor in vain, Nor bring forth children for trouble; For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD, And their offspring with them.
24 " It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear.
Isa65:17-24

Joyful confession and meditation based on Isa.65:17-24

You have been created for as a rejoicing, - a people for joy unspeakable and full of glory.
The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in your citadels; in your household in your habitation. You will not plant and another eats but you will eat of the fruit of your labour, the harvest of your effort. You will build houses and inhabit your houses. You will not labour in vain. There shall be no more fruitless labour. Uncommon favour shall abound to you in whatever you lay your hands to do. You children will not be born for adversity but for prosperity; they will not be born for trouble but will be born as signs and wonder and be of a blessed generation. Before you call, God will answer you and while you are yet speaking, He will hear. With long life you will be satisfied and shown God’s salvation.
Personalise
The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in my citadels; in my household in your habitation. I will not plant and another eats but I will eat of the fruit of my labour, the harvest of my effort. I will build houses and inhabit them. I will not labour in vain. There shall be no more fruitless labour in my life. Uncommon favour shall abound to me in whatever I lay my hands to do. My children will not be born for adversity but for prosperity; they will not be born for trouble but will be born as signs and wonder and be of a blessed generation to the glory of God.
Father, I thank you that before I call, You will answer me and while me are yet speaking, You will hear. With long life You will satisfy me and show me Your salvation.

Father I thank you that I have been created for as a rejoicing; as a redeemed ofthe Lord for joy unspeakable and full of glory.

9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them."
10 Sing to the LORD a new song, And His praise from the ends of the earth, You who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, You coastlands and you inhabitants of them!
11 Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voice, The villages that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of Sela sing, Let them shout from the top of the mountains.
12 Let them give glory to the LORD, And declare His praise in the coastlands.
13 The LORD shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies.
14 " I have held My peace a long time, I have been still and restrained Myself. Now I will cry like a woman in labor, I will pant and gasp at once.
15 I will lay waste the mountains and hills, And dry up all their vegetation; I will make the rivers coastlands, And I will dry up the pools.
16 I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, And crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, And not forsake them.
Isa42:

Prophetic Word:

Rejoice child of God
Rejoice evermore
Joy is your inheritance
Your credential as a citizen
of the Kingdom of God.
Burst into jubilant song
Rejoice because the Lord God
in your midst is God
Rejoice because He is the mighty One,
mighty to save from the ‘guttermost’
to the uttermost.
He will quiet you with His love.
And rejoice over you with singing.
He has quashed the false, wicked, vindictive,
satanic judgment against you.
that kept you in the cold and brought
you in into His warmth of fellowship.
Let not your passion and hope for the future wane.
You still have what it takes to succeed
So let not your hands be slack.
Keep being creative because the Holy Spirit is in you.
You will recover all lost grounds. The years that the locust has eaten will be restored.
Your shame shall be transformed into fame and your reproach shall be turned into praise.
No one will you be regarded as an outcast or barren. You shall blossom and bloom to the Glory of God who has turned your captivity into victory.
Enlarge the place of your dwelling. Be expectant of the great and mighty things that the Lord will do in your life. God will change your playing field. And those who knew you before will find it difficult to recognise you. The Lord will also renew you youth like the eagles, heal all your diseases, crown you with love and compassion and satisfy your mouth with good things.

1 The wilderness and the wasteland shall be glad for them, And the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose;
2 It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice, Even with joy and singing. The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it, The excellence of Carmel and Sharon. They shall see the glory of the LORD, The excellency of our God.
3 Strengthen the weak hands, And make firm the feeble knees.
4 Say to those who are fearful-hearted, " Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you."
5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, And the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6 Then the lame shall leap like a deer, And the tongue of the dumb sing. For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness, And streams in the desert.
7 The parched ground shall become a pool, And the thirsty land springs of water; In the habitation of jackals, where each lay, There shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
8 A highway shall be there, and a road, And it shall be called the Highway of Holiness. The unclean shall not pass over it, But it shall be for others. Whoever walks the road, although a fool, Shall not go astray.
9 No lion shall be there, Nor shall any ravenous beast go up on it; It shall not be found there. But the redeemed shall walk there,
10 And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, And come to Zion with singing, With everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness, And sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
Isa35
5 For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. Ps30:5

11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. Ps5:11
11 Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous; And shout for joy, all you upright in heart! Ps32:11
3 Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy.Ps33:3
9 And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD; It shall rejoice in His salvation. Ps35:9
Ps43:4 ...I will go to the altar of God, To God my exceeding joy; And on the harp I will praise You, O God, my God.

Ps91:15
Ps50:15
Rom14:17
8 I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will rest in hope.
10 For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, Nor will You allow Your Holy One( your anointed one , the redeemed of the Lord, the ransomed, the blood-bought, to see corruption.
(You will not allow me to see decay, devastation, destruction, stagnation, suppression, retrogression. My expectation shall not be scuppered. My dream shall be resurrected because Jesus is the resurrection and the life, the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. He has the final word concerning me.
11 You will show me the path of life; (abundant life, the God-kind of life because) In Your presence is fullness of joy( joy unspeakable and full of glory); At Your right hand are pleasures( superfluous pleasure, superabundant pleasure) forevermore.Ps16:8-11

Songs on Joy

Create in me a Clean Heart

Create in me a clean heart, O God
And renew a right spirit within me
X2
Cast me not away from Your presence, O Lord
And take not Your Holy Spirit from me
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation
And renew a right spirit within me.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.Ps51:10-12

Let the Righteous be glad

Let them rejoice before the Lord
Sing unto God, sing praise to His name
Praise Him Who rides upon the wings of the wind.

Sing unto God, sing praise to His name
Praise Him Who rides upon the heavens.

Psalm 68:2-4
King James Version (KJV)
2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
3 But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.
4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.

Rejoice for the Steps of a Righteous Man

Rejoice for the steps of a righteous man A
they are ordered of God
They are ordered of God

Rejoice for the steps of a righteous man
they are ordered of God
x2
In the time of trouble
God will uphold him
God will preserve Him
God will sustain Him
In the time of trouble
God will lift Him up
So rejoice your steps are ordered of God.
Jer33:3
Ps50:15
Ps91:15
Ps30:5
Ps37:23-24

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way.
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
16 For a righteous man may fall seven times And rise again, But the wicked shall fall by calamity.
Prov24:16
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.Ps119:105,130
130 The entrance of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
Ps23:2-3
... when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.John16:13

There is joy, joy,

There is joy, joy, joy in the presence of the Lord
Singing Alleluia amen
There is joy, joy, joy in the presence of the Lord
Singing Alleluia amen

Dance and celebrate, dance and celebrate
Dance with joy before the Lord
Dance and celebrate, dance and celebrate
Dance with joy before the Lord

The joy of the Lord is my strength

Gives me living water and I thirst no more
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

..."Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
Neh8:10

Rejoice evermore
.The joy of the Lord is your strength(D)
The joy of the Lord is your strength
His Joy is your strength.

Rejoice evermore, pray without ceasing
Rejoice evermore, pray without ceasing

Why? This is the will of God
in Christ Jesus concerning you

The joy of the Lord is your strength(D)
His Joy is your strength.

Tell me why?...

16 Rejoice always,
17 pray without ceasing,
18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.1Thess5:16-18 Neh 8:10

I’m trading my sorrows (D)
I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord
I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord
And we say yes Lord yes Lord
yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen
I'm pressed but not crushed
persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse
for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning...
3.Cast your burdens unto Jesus, (D)
for He cares for you. (2x)
Higher higher,
higher higher higher higher,
higher higher,
Lift Jesus higher.
Lower lower,
lower lower lower lower,
lower lower,
Stomp Satan lower.
Deeper deeper,
deeper deeper deeper deeper,
deeper deeper,
His love is deeper.
Wider wider, wider wider wider wider,
wider wider,
His love is wider.
Super super,
super super super super,
super super,
Supernatural power.

I will rejoice in You and be glad(C)
I will extol Your love more than wine
Draw me after You and let us run together.
I will rejoice in You and be glad.

Let Us Rejoice and Be Glad
Rev19:7-8

Let us rejoice and be glad
And give the glory to Him
For the marriage of the Lamb has come
And the bride has made herself ready

Alleluia for the Lord our God the Almighty reigns
Alleluia for the Lord our God the Almighty reigns

Let us rejoice and be glad
And give the glory to Him
For the marriage of the Lamb has come
And the bride has made herself ready

7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready."
8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. Rev19:7-8

I’ve got the joy (joy), joy (joy),
Down in my heart (clap, clap)
Down in my heart(clap, clap)
Down in my heart(clap, clap)
Down in my heart to stay
-------
I’ve got the love etc.
I’ve got the light etc

Righteousness, Peace, Joy
In the Holy Ghost
Righteousness, peace and joy
In the Holy Ghost
That's the kingdom of God
Don't you want to be a part
Of the kingdom
Of the kingdom
Of the kingdom
Come on everybody
There's love in the kingdom
So much love in the kingdom
There's love in the kingdom
Come on everybody
There's peace in the kingdom
So much peace in the kingdom
There's peace in the kingdom
Come on everybody
There's joy in the kingdom
So much joy in the kingdom
There's joy in the kingdom
Come on everybody

Jesus You're the centre of my joy
Lord all that's good and perfect
Comes from You
You're the heart of my contentment
Hope for all I do
Jesus You're the centre of my joy

From Captivity into Victory

The LORD your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."

He’ll turn your sorrow into joy
He’ll turn your shame into fame
He’ll turn your reproach into praise
Bring back your captivity into victory.

Medication for meditation and memorisation

17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.Rom.14:17
16 Rejoice always,
17 pray without ceasing,
18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.1thess5:16-18
...the ransomed of the LORD shall return, And come to Zion with singing, With everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness, And sorrow and sighing shall flee awayIsa35:10

19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem, And joy in My people; The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her, Nor the voice of crying.

24 " It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear.Isa65
14 Sing, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem! 17 The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
18 " I will gather those who sorrow over the appointed assembly, Who are among you, To whom its reproach is a burden.

Zeph3:[/b][/size]
The Day of Joy unspeakable
Yes, the turning of the table
Will come soon and very soon
Dispelling every doom and gloom
Eclipsing every joy you‘ve ever had.

Prepare, again I say, prepare
Start looking for your dancing shoes.
Practise your dancing steps
And sing the song of victory
Sing the song of the redeemed
That you will sing on the day.

Give glory and honour before you see.
See with the eyes of faith and rejoice.
See with the eyes of faith and give glory.
See with the eyes of faith and give thanks.
The Lord your God in the midst is mighty
He is mighty to save, mighty to deliver
Mighty to defend, mighty protect
Mighty to promote, mighty to provide.

5/9/12

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1Pet1:7-8

Isaiah 65:19-21
Common English Bible (CEB)
19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad about my people.
No one will ever hear the sound of weeping or crying in it again.
20 No more will babies live only a few days,
or the old fail to live out their days.
The one who dies at a hundred will be like a young person,
and the one falling short of a hundred will seem cursed.
21 They will build houses and live in them;
they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.

©Fenny West2012
http://inspiration4generations.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/olympic-series-the-race-of-grace-1-preparation/
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : Month of Great Rejoicing 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down