Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Our Boys are a Blight

Go down

When Our Boys are a Blight Empty When Our Boys are a Blight

Post  fennywest Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:28 am

When our boys are a blight
And we are oblivious to the plight
Lord, give us some Nehemiahs
Who will pray till they perspire.

When our stock-in-trade is gun-run
And we think it’s cool and fun
Then we turn and play the blame Game
It surely will lead to great shame.

When we refuse to use our head
And so let others get ahead,
How can we reach for the top?
And why will we not be stopped?

O Lord, forgive us! We have sinned
That is why we remain in the bin
And wallow in the mire of drugs
And eat the vomit of dogs.

Open our eyes, O Lord
To see and embrace your Word;
Accept and invite Your Son
To lead us to the sun.

Deliver us, O Lord, from darkness
Wickedness and blindness.
Release us, O Lord, from this tutelage
Rescues us, O Lord, from this bondage.

O Lord, save our boys and babes from bonds
Save them from drugs, guns and the dung
Salvation belongs to the Lord, our God.
Lord, we pray in Your name and stand on your Word.

Come, Holy Spirit, come
Come and empower us afresh
Come and revive and refresh
Come and resurrect from the dead.

2 that Hanani one of my brethren came with men from Judah; and I asked them concerning the Jews who had escaped, who had survived the captivity, and concerning Jerusalem.
3 And they said to me, "The survivors who are left from the captivity in the province are there in great distress and reproach. The wall of Jerusalem is also broken down, and its gates are burned with fire."
4 So it was, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned for many days; I was fasting and praying before the God of heaven.
5 And I said: "I pray, LORD God of heaven, O great and awesome God, You who keep Your covenant and mercy with those who love You and observe Your commandments,
6 please let Your ear be attentive and Your eyes open, that You may hear the prayer of Your servant which I pray before You now, day and night, for the children of Israel Your servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel which we have sinned against You. Both my father's house and I have sinned.
7 We have acted very corruptly against You, and have not kept the commandments, the statutes, nor the ordinances which You commanded Your servant Moses.
8 Remember, I pray, the word that You commanded Your servant Moses, saying, 'If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the nations;
9 but if you return to Me, and keep My commandments and do them, though some of you were cast out to the farthest part of the heavens, yet I will gather them from there, and bring them to the place which I have chosen as a dwelling for My name.'
10 Now these are Your servants and Your people, whom You have redeemed by Your great power, and by Your strong hand.
11 O Lord, I pray, please let Your ear be attentive to the prayer of Your servant, and to the prayer of Your servants who desire to fear Your name; and let Your servant prosper this day, I pray, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man." For I was the king's cupbearer.
expire.
30 So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.
31 Therefore I have poured out My indignation on them; I have consumed them with the fire of My wrath; and I have recompensed their deeds on their own heads," says the Lord GOD.
12/10/12

Thornton Heath gang jailed for dealing guns and ammunition
by Adrew Bloss -the guardian
Three wannabe gangsters caught selling guns in a police sting will spend a combined total of 33 years in prison after they were sentenced today.
The trio, from South London, were subject of a long and complex police operation, where undercover officers bought guns and ammunition from them.

The trio were arrested in October 2011 after months of undercover work from the cops.
The police believed that the group had underworld connections, with McKenzie saying on one tape that he was involved with one of the "baddest gangs in south London".
In sentencing, Judge Jeremy Gold said in the current climate, weapons offences had to he dealt with appropriately.
He said: "Guns kill and maim and terrorise and intimidate. And those that involve themselves in the supply of guns and ammunition strike in the heart of our society
It has a devastating effect on individuals and it has a corrosive impact on the community....

Pray for the rich who set up schemes to avoid tax and impoverish the nation whilst they live in the lap of luxury.
Pray for the Government to be courageous to close tax loophole tax favour the rich , enabling them to pay less in the pound than the poor and making the poor poorer.
Pray for our boys and girls who are imprisoned in the life of crime deceived into thinking the easy street is the way out of poverty rather than hard work.

©Fenny West2012
http://inspiration4generations.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/olympic-series-the-race-of-grace-1-preparation/

fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : When Our Boys are a Blight 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down