Ezekiel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ezekiel

Post  Libby Whitaker on Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:45 pm

Many people place Ezekiel's writing in context to the time he was living - even though they also say Ezekiel speaks of the end of days. People debate over the description that many say sounds like satan - yet, is the king of Tyrus. I suggest that God is telling Ezekiel to write down a letter addressed to the future anti-Christ (of our time) about whats doing to happen to him. God knew Israels enemies would read the Bible - and He put personal messages in there addressing them (this is why no one can fully understand them). For example, I suggest that Chapter 28;1-12 is addressed to the main antichrist, know as the beast, who will take over the world, and inforce the mark of the beast in order to buy, trade or sell, and will be possessed by Satan. I have found by understanding Ch 28 in this way, God is giving the beast and (28:12-19) the devil, their future sentencing. So I'm suggesting the prince of Tyrus is the beast and the king of Tyrus is satan - who has possessed him (and been his father). I also suggest that 28:21-26 is a verse for the future attacker of Israel - after the 1000 yrs of peace have ended. . . and also when Satan's punishment will be finally dealt out. . When God brings fire down from heaven to save Israel for the final time.

Libby Whitaker
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 1
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2013-04-03

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ezekiel

Post  Waqar Daniel on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 6:47 am

Ezekiel 28

Thank you for joining CHRISTIAN TALK. I appreciate your post and many so-called scholars and preachers misquote Ezekiel 28.
Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God:

“You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.
“You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.
“By the abundance of your trading
You became filled with violence within,
And you sinned;
Therefore I cast you as a profane thing
Out of the mountain of God
;
And I destroyed you, O covering cherub,
From the midst of the fiery stones.
“Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor;
I cast you to the ground,
I laid you before kings,
That they might gaze at you.
“You defiled your sanctuaries
By the multitude of your iniquities,
By the iniquity of your trading;
Therefore I brought fire from your midst;
It devoured you,
And I turned you to ashes upon the earth
In the sight of all who saw you.
All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you;
You have become a horror,
And shall be no more forever.”’” (Ezekiel 28:11-19)
Let us closely monitor the verses in red color. For discussion sake even if we refer this passage exclusively to the ruler of Tyre, then you would certainly have to say that it is a case of imagery and even overstatement.
  1. Could Ezekiel actually have had the "ruler" in mind when he described him as being "perfect and blameless" in all his ways?
  2. The doctrine of original sin is muddled when one considers that the "king of Tyre" is said to have been "blameless from the day he was created." In contrast to that statement, King David wrote "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me." (Psalm 51:5) Satan was sinless when he was created, but that could not be said of any earthly ruler, not even King David.
  3. It is said that the King of Tyre was 'created' instead of 'born.' If the word 'born' had been used it would certainly have ruled out Satan, but that is not the case.
    The ruler of Tyre could not have been in the Garden of Eden. Satan was.
  4. It seems strange that the king is described as being adorned with 'every precious stone.' Did he really have such wealth? If this were referring to a king, it would seem to be exaggeration.
  5. The king was called a "guardian cherub." This would make it the only instance in the Old Testament where that word was used in reference to a human. That seems unlikely when you study how the word 'cherub' is used in other contexts.
  6. At one time, the "king of Tyre" would have been in close fellowship with God, for it is said that he walked on the 'holy mount of God.' Obviously this could not have been the case; it would have to be imagery. The 'holy mount of God' is a direct reference to God's throne. On the other hand 'cherubs' are associated with closeness to God, as demonstrated in the construction of the 'Ark of the Covenant.' "The cherubim (pl. of cherub) were the "inner circle" of angels who had the closest access to God and guarded his holiness. "

There can be no reasonable doubt that the ruler of Tyre is not the only person being referred to here. On the other hand, it is quite reasonable to believe that the passage is referring to the ruling power behind the ruler of Tyre's actions.

God bless you

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LORD Jesus Christ. (Philemon 1:3)

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning :

View user profile http://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down