Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memorising Scripture- singing scriptures

Go down

Memorising Scripture- singing scriptures Empty Memorising Scripture- singing scriptures

Post  fennywest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:49 pm

Sing the Scriptures

Unless you study these scriptures, observe and appreciate the qualities and benefits that the writer of the psalmist discovered you will find it difficult to commit yourself to internalise the word of God.

I pray you will discover these benefits and be motivated to study and memorise the scriptures.

5 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
6 "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.
7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success Joshua 1:8

20 My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.
21 Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart;
Prov4:20-21

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.Col3:16
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2Tim2:15
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' "
Matt4:4

7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. John15:7
Job 23
12 I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth More than my necessary food.

Job23:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb4:12
9 How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word.

11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You
35 Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it.
47 And I will delight myself in Your commandments, Which I love
48 My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments, Which I love, And I will meditate on Your statutes
77 Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live; For Your law is my delight
96 I have seen the consummation of all perfection, But Your commandment is exceedingly broad
97 Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.
98 You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; For they are ever with me.
103 How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
113 I hate the double-minded, But I love Your law.

119 You put away all the wicked of the earth like dross; Therefore I love Your testimonies.

127 Therefore I love Your commandments More than gold, yes, than fine gold!
131 I opened my mouth and panted, For I longed for Your commandments.
140 Your word is very pure; Therefore Your servant loves it
143 Trouble and anguish have overtaken me, Yet Your commandments are my delights

161 Princes persecute me without a cause, But my heart stands in awe of Your word.
162 I rejoice at Your word As one who finds great treasure.
163 I hate and abhor lying, But I love Your law
165 Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble.
167 My soul keeps Your testimonies, And I love them exceedingly.
174 I long for Your salvation, O LORD, And Your law is my delight.
Ps119:
Singing the scriptures is an easy way of memorising the scriptures which will help you in your prayer life, teaching, witnessing, counselling, preaching or writing, apart from encouraging you. Most of the songs I have composed or compiled are laced with the word of God or directly the word of God. This method has helped me a great deal over the years.
This is not for the faint hearted or those who are comfortable where they’re at in regard to knowing the word of God by heart. You have to delight in God’s word and desire to internalise His word The more effort, dedication and discipline you apply, the more reward you will obtain.
I shall be updating this page from time to time.
Also it would be great to get feed backs from you about the results or suggestions for improvements. If I do not hear from you, I would not update it as intended. We need each other to go on further.
You have to pace yourself and learn the songs and now the associated scriptures references. A s you sing along, ask yourself where the scripture can be found. If you are unable to respond correctly, come back to this page.
Review the ones you know after a while to reinforce them.
Also note the themes or topics the scriptures relate to.
There are scripture on:
The word of God: like, I delight, book of the Law
Faith: the just shall live by faith, faith to faith, I will wait
Praise: praise the Lord , You are the Lord
Prayer; Show me your glory
The Holy Spirit: Come Comforter
Joy : rejoice evermore
Prophecy: there is a friend,
Spiritual warfare: Be strong and courageous, He that dwells
Divine direction: I will instruct you
Outreach: God so loved the world
Comfort Peace be still etc
Psalms: Ps 5, 121,23,46,91,9:1-2, 5,18, 22

For those who are called to teach, you will be preparing yourself effortlessly because what you have deposited, will brought out by the Holy Spirit in your hour of need. The same applies to preachers. Even if you do not know your calling, start depositing the word of God into your heart. You will need it regardless of what He has called you to do. Besides, as indicated earlier, you will need it to build you up and comfort you in your hour of need.
Whereas I have used the King James version for most of the songs, you make want to be creative and use the version of scripture you are used to. You have to be imaginative as not to confuse yourself. You may want to search for scripture-based songs where the translation you are used to have been used.

http://fennywestsongs.wordpress.com/2013/06/02/singing-the-scriptures-by-fenny-west/
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19
Country : Memorising Scripture- singing scriptures RedCross-1

Warning : Memorising Scripture- singing scriptures 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down