Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 8:23-30

2 posters

Go down

John 8:23-30 Empty John 8:23-30

Post  clark thompson Sun 25 Aug 2013, 12:38 pm

King James Version (KJV)

23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
23 He said to them, “You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world. 24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for you will die in your sins unless you believe that I am he.” 25 They said to him, “Who are you?” Jesus said to them, “Even what I have told you from the beginning 26 I have much to say about you and much to judge; but he who sent me is true, and I declare to the world what I have heard from him.” 27 They did not understand that he spoke to them of the Father. 28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority but speak thus as the Father taught me. 29 And he who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what is pleasing to him.” 30 As he spoke thus, many believed in him.

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

23 Jesus was from heaven and the seed of the Father while we are seed of the flesh and of this world, this should change when we are born again.

24 We die without Christ and this is just because thru Christ our sins are forgiven and forgoten. Thru Christ we die to the flesh and to sin.

25 Their lack of faith was shown by them not knowing who He is even after Him telling them. He told them He was from the beginning, for those wh understood and belived they knew He was saying He was and is God.

26 Jesus came to preach the word which He is the Word. Jesus will judge all those who do not accept Him as Lord at the end. Jesus wants to show people the error of their way before it is to late for them.

27 The people did not understand because they did not have the faith to understand. To them Jesus was just saying words but, to the believe He was speaking the Word.

28 Jesus was referring to the cross. It is by God's power and will Jesus went to the cross. Jesus' life was a perfect example of how we should live, we will fall short but, should try to live the example. Where we fall short their is grace and Jesus to pick us up.

29 God was with Jesus and Jesus was God. God is with us as believers He sent His Spirit to live inside us to help us grow in Him as He leads us down our path in His will. God will never leave us as believers but, we may not see where God is because our sins are in the way of our relationship with the Lord.

30 Many believed in him because of what He ad said. People will either reject or accept the Truth. Jesus spoke the truth and was the Truth.
clark thompson
clark thompson
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 143
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Warning : John 8:23-30 110

Back to top Go down

John 8:23-30 Empty Re: John 8:23-30

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 25 Aug 2013, 3:49 pm

Thank you and God bless you. Please keep sharing the Good News.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : John 8:23-30 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com