Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 8:48-51

Go down

John 8:48-51 Empty John 8:48-51

Post  clark thompson Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:19 pm

King James Version (KJV)

48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

48 The Jews answered him, “Are we not right in saying that you are a Samaritan and have a demon?” 49 Jesus answered, “I have not a demon; but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me. 50 Yet I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks it and he will be the judge. 51 Truly, truly, I say to you, if any one keeps my word, he will never see death.”

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

48 Jesus had no demon in Him and was not from Samaria. Jesus had the /Holy Spirit in Him and was from the Galilee. The people started to view Jesus as evil, having a demon, and started to view Him as unclean or a lawbreaker, from Samaria.

49 Jesus was doing what the Father wanted Him to. We as believers in Him are to follow Christ example rather than the world’s example. We are to follow the true biblical values instead of the tainted world’s values. When we speak the truth from the word to other and they reject it, then it is Christ they reject and the Father. Those not accepting Jesus meant they had not accepted the Father and the teaching He gave them. They did reject most of the prophets while thy preached.

50 We are not to make ourselves look good but bring glory to the Father by doing what He has called us to do. True believers will draw focus to Jesus false teachers will draw focus to themselves.

51 When we come to Christ we pass from this life to the next.
clark thompson
clark thompson
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 143
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Warning : John 8:48-51 110

Back to top Go down