Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it Biblical for the Holy Spirit to make you shake, or laugh, or jump around?

2 posters

Go down

Is it Biblical for the Holy Spirit to make you shake, or laugh, or jump around? Empty Is it Biblical for the Holy Spirit to make you shake, or laugh, or jump around?

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:09 pm

The most convincing Scriptural argument against what is called "holy laughter" is found in Galatians 5:22-23. It says: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." If self-control is a fruit of the Spirit of God, how can uncontrollable laughter also be a fruit of His Spirit? Revival leaders claim that being "filled" with the Spirit means that we are sort of "tossed about" by His whims. But the idea that God would make people act drunk, or laugh uncontrollably, or make animal noises as a result of the Spirit's anointing is directly opposed to the way the Spirit acts, according to Galatians 5:22-23. The Spirit described in Galatians 5 is one that promotes self-control within us, not the opposite. Finally, there was no one in the Bible more filled with the Holy Spirit than Jesus, and not once does the Bible ever record Him laughing, dancing or shaking.

I believe that those who act like this just want to show that they are filled with Holy Spirit.

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25
Country : Is it Biblical for the Holy Spirit to make you shake, or laugh, or jump around? RedCross-1

Warning : Is it Biblical for the Holy Spirit to make you shake, or laugh, or jump around? 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is it Biblical for the Holy Spirit to make you shake, or laugh, or jump around? Empty Re: Is it Biblical for the Holy Spirit to make you shake, or laugh, or jump around?

Post  clark thompson Mon 07 Jul 2014, 12:26 pm

I myself have laughed or snickered a little after hearing a good is was always my responds in joy, always able to stop after I know I have done it though.
clark thompson
clark thompson
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 143
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2013-05-14
Country : Is it Biblical for the Holy Spirit to make you shake, or laugh, or jump around? RedCross-1

Warning : Is it Biblical for the Holy Spirit to make you shake, or laugh, or jump around? 110

Back to top Go down

Is it Biblical for the Holy Spirit to make you shake, or laugh, or jump around? Empty Re: Is it Biblical for the Holy Spirit to make you shake, or laugh, or jump around?

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 08 Jul 2014, 6:02 pm

My experience of Holy Spirit's presence is totally different. I feel burning feeling on my forehead, ears and neck and I get goose bumps. The most interesting thing happens in my prayers is that Holy Spirit helps me in my prayers and I have so many words regarding giving praise and glory to Heavenly Father.

I do not pray at the top of my voice, it is a normal interaction with God, however when I feel Holy Spirit's presence my voice turns into a whisper and my prayers really become supplications.

Whenever, I read Bible Holy Spirit reveals so many things to me that I get amazed myself. This is my experience of Holy Spirit touching me.

Thank you Clark for your feedback. God bless you.

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down