Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremiah 2:1-19

Go down

Jeremiah 2:1-19 Empty Jeremiah 2:1-19

Post  charlescameron Sat 30 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm

They had turned away from the Lord. They had chosen to go their own way (Jeremiah 2:13). When, Lord, our message isn’t popular, help us to remember that it’s Your message – not ours. You have not called us to preach a superficial message. You’ve called us to preach a searching message. We are to invite our hearers to think about what their wrong choices were doing to them: ‘Have you not brought this on yourselves by forsaking the Lord your God when He led you in the way?’ (Jeremiah 2:17). We are to leave them in no doubt about where their wrong choices are leading them – ‘“Your own evil will punish you, and your turning from Me will condemn you. You will learn how bitter and wrong it is to abandon Me, the Lord your God, and no longer to remain faithful to Me”, I, the Sovereign Lord Almighty, have spoken’ (Jeremiah 2:19). This isn’t what people want to hear. It’s what they need to hear. Help us to be faithful to You – even when it’s difficult and discouragement is never very far away from us.
charlescameron
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 33
Profession : Church of Scotland Minister
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-10-22

Warning : Jeremiah 2:1-19 110

http://christinallscripture.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down