Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 11:41-42

Go down

John 11:41-42 Empty John 11:41-42

Post  clark thompson Fri 19 Sep 2014, 3:08 am

KJV 41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. 42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 11:41-42New International Version (NIV)
41 So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.”
New International Version (NIV) Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

41 This in itself would have taken faith because to move this stone would have not been easy once it was put into place it was rarely moves, only one year after the death to put the bones in a stone box, the common tradition at the time or done to put another dead one inside. Jesus thanked the Father and was faultless we should take His example and live by because we are very faulty and sinful. We need to no matter what we are going thru take time to thank the Lord and often times when we see what we are thankful for it will bring us joy.

42 The Lord will always here us after we come faith, the scriptures can lead one to think that the Lord only hears the sinners prayer from a lost person because if they don’t have Christ anything else they could ask for is not as important. We should also do things for the benefit of others just as Christ did; we should not just think of ourselves but think with the love of Christ for others. We should live a life that aids in the process of letting others believe.
clark thompson
clark thompson
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 143
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Warning : John 11:41-42 110

Back to top Go down