Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO CAN TELL US ABOUT PEACE?

Go down

WHO CAN TELL US ABOUT PEACE? Empty WHO CAN TELL US ABOUT PEACE?

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 17 Apr 2015, 7:34 pm

I find posts on world peace, and many contribute towards the world peace but the question is what is their definition of world peace? Complete dominance of the world of their faith over other faiths to bring peace? Jesus calls them "Wolves among the sheep". We as Christians do not fight and desire world dominance rather we seek God's Kingdom. The only person who can tell us about peace is Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace. Let us see what Jesus taught us about peace:

1. But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. (Mathew 5:39);
  2. "If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. "Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. "Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you (Mathew 5:40-42);
  3. When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another (Mathew 10:23);
  4. Do to others as you would have them do to you (Luke 6:31);
  5. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God (Mathew 5:9);
  6. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well (Mathew 5:40);
  7. "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword (Mathew 26:52);
  8. Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place." (John 18:36).

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : WHO CAN TELL US ABOUT PEACE? 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com