Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only God can reveal God

2 posters

Go down

Only God can reveal God Empty Only God can reveal God

Post  Waqar Daniel Thu 23 Apr 2015, 7:56 pm

Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father (John 14:9)
God (Jesus Christ) revealed God (Heavenly Father) to the world. Only God can reveal God and no human can do so.

Jesus came to earth as a Man to redeem humankind from sin and from every kind of bondage and imprisonment. That fact has been established in the minds and hearts of most Christians. But Christ also came to earth to reveal to us the heavenly Father.

Jesus told His disciples, "The Father hath sent me" (John 5:36). He said, "I can of mine own self do nothing . . . I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me" (verse 30). And finally He stated, "I go unto my Father" (14:12).

Jesus is saying: "I came from the Father and while I am here, I do only His will. Soon I will go back to my Father." Jesus said His entire life was about the heavenly Father: His coming to earth, His purpose while here, and His return. It was all about revealing the Father.

"The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do . . . the Father . . . sheweth him all things that himself doeth" (John 5:19-20).

Jesus said He had no will of His own, that He did nothing on earth except the will of His Father. Indeed, Christ told the Pharisees, "Watch My life, My ministry, all the miracles and good works I do, and you will see the heavenly Father. Everything I do is a reflection of who He is and it is all meant to reveal Him to you."

"All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him" (Matthew 11:27).

Jesus is saying here, "It is impossible for you to know who the Father is unless I reveal Him to you. You cannot get that revelation on your own just by reading the Bible or going to church. I must reveal Him to you."

"No man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : Only God can reveal God 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Only God can reveal God Empty Re: Only God can reveal God

Post  clark thompson Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:12 pm

t is important to realize this because we can not bring people to God we can tell them the gospel but He has to draw them and they have be willing to be drawn.
clark thompson
clark thompson
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 143
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Warning : Only God can reveal God 110

Back to top Go down

Only God can reveal God Empty Re: Only God can reveal God

Post  Waqar Daniel Thu 30 Apr 2015, 8:21 pm