Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The DEAD can Hear

+2
thirsty
Waqar Daniel
6 posters

Go down

The DEAD can Hear Empty The DEAD can Hear

Post  Waqar Daniel Fri 23 Nov 2007, 4:17 pm

Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and His disciples and a large crowd went along with Him. As He approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out - the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large from the town was with her. When the LORD saw her, His heart went out to her and He said, "Don't cry."

Then He went up and touched the coffin, and those carrying it stood still. He said, "Young man, I say to you, get up!" The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother. (Luke 7:11-15)

To me this is an amazing story. We see that Jesus with His disciples and a large crowd entering the town of Nain. The crowd must be happy to be with Jesus Christ and must be waiting to see the Glory of Jesus performing miracles and glorifying Heavenly Father. This story, pictures a real triumphant crowd follwoing Jesus while entering the town of Nain.

On the other hand we see a grim and sad picture of a funeral, where a large crowd had gathered for last rites of a son of a widow. Now these are two extremes in a story we see: A triumphant crowd following Jesus and a sad crowd going to bury the dead son of a widow.

Now an amazing thing happens, Jesus saw them and touched the coffin, and said to the young man to Get up. To a normal man, talking to a dead man may be little strange, because the dead do not hear neither do they talk. But Jesus talked directly to the young man and the young man listened to the voice of Jesus Christ and got up and started to talk.

The amazing part of the story is that the dead can hear the voice of Jesus Christ but we as living do not hear the voice of Jesus Christ. If the dead can hear the voice of Jesus Christ then it is an obligation on the living to obey the commands of Jesus Christ.

Whatever our problems are, whatever our sickness is, whatever mountains are in our way, if we have trust in Jesus as our LORD and Savior, Jesus will come and touch us, and will surely turn our misery, suffering and disgrace into joy and peace similar to the joy and peace widow experienced who had lost her only son and to the joy of the dead young man who got another chance.

Remember that when we face sickness and difficult times, we may find ourselves in a coffin like the young man but we have a second chance to come out of the coffin, and that second chance is provided to us due to our faith in Jesus Christ because:

In Him all the promises of God YES (2 Cor 1:20)

God bless you

Last edited by on Sat 24 Nov 2007, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : The DEAD can Hear 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The DEAD can Hear Empty Re: The DEAD can Hear

Post  thirsty Sat 24 Nov 2007, 1:09 pm

This is really a powerful message and I liked the way you explained the "Dead can hear". It is so true that if dead can hear so living must obey Jesus.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

God bless you
thirsty
thirsty
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  WordofLife Sat 24 Nov 2007, 1:14 pm

Bible is like a Treasure Map, the more Holy Spirit teaches us, the most exciting and amazing it becomes. You know Jews never touched anything that was of a dead person because they used to become ceremonially unclean. Jesus did not care about this and touched the coffin and it shows, the whatever our sin is, whatever our condition is, Jesus will surely come and touch us.

God bless all
WordofLife
WordofLife
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post  lovemylord Sat 24 Nov 2007, 1:24 pm

I was wondering the same when I ead the story of Lazarus, when Jesus called him out and from his grave he came out. You are right that whatever our condition, Jesus is able to redeem us from the problem. In difficult times we normally forget who Jesus is and what He has done for us. We need to stand firm and always thank God for courage and faith He gives us to go through difficult times.

God bless all
lovemylord
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa1880 Sat 24 Nov 2007, 1:30 pm

Facing problems we forget Jesus is God of all mankind and nothing is impossible with Him as Jesus Himself claimed, if we do not forget that Jesus is God of all mankind and nothing is impossible for Him, we pass through difficult times holding the hand of Jesus all the way.
lisa1880
lisa1880
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

The DEAD can Hear Empty first time

Post  Guest Sat 24 Nov 2007, 5:31 pm

Dear Waqar,
this is the first time i read any article on this site and that is your article. found it very interesting and inspirational. its soul touching message is great and i never preceived this passage of the Bible like this, thank you so very much for the insight which you have provided through this article of yours. God bless you always and give you more wisdom to see the messages in the Bible passages and to spread them in this way.

regard's Nadia
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  saved Mon 26 Nov 2007, 1:28 pm

This is a great message and you are right that if dead can hear then living must obey the commands of Jesus Christ.

God bless
saved
saved
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content