Submit yourselves to God

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Submit yourselves to God

Post  Waqar Daniel on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 3:01 pm

What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

You adulterous people,, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who choses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy to God. Or do you think Scripture says without reason that the spirit He caused to lives in us envies intensely? But He gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:"God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:)

This passage explains and defines nature of a man / woman, who has put his / her trust in his / her abilities and skills, instead of God. People get jealous of other people's success and want to gain it by hook or crook. They would sleep their way up, or falsely accuse others to gain their position or may use any other ungodly way to reach success. Have you ever imagined - why people steal? They may have many reasons but the only reason is that they want to get rich and quick. They act like predators, living on others, planning their kill in the darkness and then executing their plans.

When we read the story of Joseph, his brothers commited lots of sins:

1. They got jealous
  2. They lied
  3. They planned to kill
  4. They sold him to Egyptians
Joseph's brothers may have enjoyed temporary success over Joseph's demise but God was with him and in the end Jospeh enjoyed success and his brothers were humbled before him.

Getting rich is no sin because God's blessings bring wealth and He adds no trouble to our blessings. But in our run to get rich, we do not ask God but we go for unfair means that separates us from God. We must ask God instead of using our own evil desires to reach somewhere and something.

The most important thing is that when we ask God for something, that thing should have an objective and that objective should be to honor and glorify God in front of others and not just to enjoy and become a stumbling block for others. Many people follow others, when they see them enjoying riches and they come to this conclusion that when God does not punish them for wrong doing - then there is no harm in following them. Their eyes are so blinded that they do not see their punishments but they only see the pleasures they enjoy.

Once I stopped a teenager from a certain sin and he said, "someone has to fill up hell also". We joke about our future, but we do not understand where we would land. We love to deny God in our simple day to day statements.

The bottom line is that, if you do not ask God, nothing will be given to you - if you ask God, He will open His heavens and pour down His riches and blessings on you.

God Bless

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LORD Jesus Christ. (Philemon 1:3)

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning :

View user profile http://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Submit yourselves to God

Post  lovemylord on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 3:15 pm

Faith-inspiring article and it is so true as I can find many people who would get jealous of success of others and would do anything to get it there. I mean I have seen people falling down and they still consider it to be a success.

God bless

lovemylord
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LivinginChrist on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 3:18 pm

As God said, seek the kingdom of God first and things will be added to you. God as Heavenly Father love us and want us to prosper spiritually and in this mortal world. Your article surely tells us how to submit to God. We must not get jealous of others rather we should trust in God and ask Him for anything we need.

God bless you

LivinginChrist
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 92

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa1880 on Sun 09 Dec 2007, 3:23 pm

Although I am impressed by your article but I still have a question. When we turn to God, we pray day in and day out, but sometimes God never listens. I have been into some situations like these where I desperately need God's help and the help never came. What do you have to say about it?

God bless

lisa1880
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 122

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 6:27 am

Dear Lisa

There are two things very important to understand. First, your walk with God and secondly what is the objective of your prayer.

I have mostly heard this type of question. I prayed on a person, who was healed and he accepted Jesus and then afer a week he called me up and said for the last two days he has been asking for something to God but he never got it. So he said your Jesus thing does not work for him.

In majority cases, Jesus is a God who comes in handy when everything fails. Jesus is a God to be remebered in sickness and disease or when hard time comes. Before that, you cannot find Jesus.

Moreover at times we think God has not answered our prayer. But God does listen and substitutes our bad choice with a better one. This has happened to me many times. There have been many people in my life with whom I wanted to be friends with but God never made them my friends because now after many years I look at them, they are true followers of satan. So God knows better, what to given and when to give.

So as the saying goes
First deserve then desire

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LORD Jesus Christ. (Philemon 1:3)

Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning :

View user profile http://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WordofLife on Mon 10 Dec 2007, 2:06 pm

It is rightly said Daniel that we need to first deserve and then desire. We never live, lives according to the commandments of God yet we want to work like a gennie for us. Whatever, we ask He must do it for us.

God bless

WordofLife
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 127

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:55 am